PDA

View Full Version : To the person who beat it in 6 hours/ Rating of TRL also for xbox 360.

Resident Evil X
13th Apr 2006, 01:12
Look, im sorry you purchased the Strategy Guide..and rushed through the game, or didnt explore for a bit..but you didnt have to sit here and Make me think this game was like freaking 5 hours long now...so like..i got the game today..i play it..and i checked out every detail..messed around a bit..and played around..checked out the graphics and got all the medals in stage one..took me 1 hour 30 mins..maybe you should "enjoy" your TR game and explore..see the beauty Crystal Dynamics made for us fans. So if you do this, the game would go from 6 hours..to 12..or maybe 18 hours.

Anyways..TRL is an AWSOME game..i love every inch of it..i give it a 10/10 go Crystal dynamics and core:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Atleast i KNOW you got Tomb raider right. maybe the next one will be longer..oh well the shortness in TRL doesnt bother me at all. Also..i love the neat feature where you can replay a lvl with any mode ( easy, Med, Hard) and change to any outfit, its amasing! :D .

PS: they must of fixed the framerate issue for the 360..cuz 3 lvls so far..and NO LAG AT ALL/Framerate issue. so in my case..360 has the best version. anyways thanks guys and for all the help/info ived gotten in the past few days. I really hope you guys enjoyed TRL as much as i am. good luck :thumbsup:

tr1xp
13th Apr 2006, 01:32
It would take longer to read the strategy guide for this game than it would to complete the entire game without it.

If you want to count the time it took you to set up the graphics and get your gamepad working as part of the play time, you go right ahead. I know it took me 6 hours to complete the game from install to credit rolling and I took my time, explored, played in the water to check out the graphics, hunted for as many secrets as I could find, and all that. It is just that short man. It's only 6 levels!

ShadowOfOblivion
13th Apr 2006, 01:49
Sorry tr1xp but it still feels like you rushed through and took a linear route through the levels.

If it can take one man over an hour just to get past the first stage, then maybe he played the game a lot differently then you did. Personally I am a lot like RE X in the way I play my games, so I'm going to stretch this out and enjoy it as much as possible. Something that, no matter what you tell me about your exploring..I don't believe you did.

TRBeth
13th Apr 2006, 02:10
I have to say, that I was one of the "nay-saying" Legend bashers, but I did pick this game up today and started the gameplay around 5pm. Its 10pm now and I am just nearing the end of level 1. Mind you, I did have dinner, say 45 mins. So, that is about 4 hrs for 1 level.

I find that there are things you can easily miss if you are not really looking, and just keep moving along. However, if you go through every thing, it does take longer and the puzzles are more than you thought they were which would be "the obvious". There is a "not so obvious" aspect to the puzzles [so far]. Sorta like, if you can't really work the whole puzzle out, you can still progress without being totally frustrated [as in our old games], but if you are up for the challenge, then they are there waiting for you in the stones. I am playing on hard level.

Graphics are pretty darn good, and I wish I can take full advantage of the graphics using the latests Nvidia card [mine is 6800 GF], but I'm not ready to drop $350 for 7900....YET. Just so you all know that I am a TR groupie, I have been with the game since day one, and I did spend about $250 already doing upgrades to my pc just to play this game, despite my initial rather negative opinions, even after the demo. Now that is love, tomb raiders.

I am still playing and will reserve my final judgment until I am way further along. At this point, I'm having a good time. I suggest that pc players used to the keyboard [as I am], bite the bullet and get the gamepad. Play the demo a few times to get used to the pad, then head on in to the real gameplay. This is what I did, and I'm ok with the gamepad now.

Back to tomb raiding....

sup2069
13th Apr 2006, 02:35
Sorry tr1xp but it still feels like you rushed through and took a linear route through the levels.

Linear route? As if we had a choice as where to go! lol

It kinda shows you fanboism when a thread is made insulting you tr1xp. :p

yesrushdt
13th Apr 2006, 02:48
Couldn't have said it any better Resident Evil X. Play through the game on the hardest difficulty setting trying to find ALL of the secrets and tell me you can beat it in six hours lol. People have said the game can last around 16 hours or so taking your time such as this. Just picked up the Xbox 360 version earlier and it's taken me nearly 3 hours to get past the flashback level.

The graphics are absolutely amazing (some of the best I've ever seen) and the controls are light years ahead of Angel of Darkness. I haven't seen any signs of framerate issues yet either. Playing as smooth as hell for me so far at 1080i. I'm wondering if this just effected folks with the PAL Xbox 360 versiion.

ShadowOfOblivion
13th Apr 2006, 03:02
Couldn't have said it any better Resident Evil X. Play through the game on the hardest difficulty setting trying to find ALL of the secrets and tell me you can beat it in six hours lol. People have said the game can last around 16 hours or so taking your time such as this. Just picked up the Xbox 360 version earlier and it's taken me nearly 3 hours to get past the flashback level.

The graphics are absolutely amazing (some of the best I've ever seen) and the controls are light years ahead of Angel of Darkness. I haven't seen any signs of framerate issues yet either. Playing as smooth as hell for me so far at 1080i. I'm wondering if this just effected folks with the PAL Xbox 360 versiion.

You know...seriously, I have no choice but to dispute tr1xp's claims of fully exploring when people 'taking their time', last more than an hour on a single level, or up to 3 in your case.

You figure, there are what..8 levels in the game? You take 2-3 hours a level thats 16-24 hours of gameplay. And if you're like me where you really never play more than two hours straight, Legend can take over a week.

Some people just need to stop complaining. Most games last 8-10 hours like Legend does. It's just few people try to admit it these days.

DABhand
13th Apr 2006, 03:19
Im not happy with the length, Ive owned each TR since start, and im not saying TRL is bad, but the length issue is a big disappointment to me. I just didnt feel it was TR anymore.

As ive said before I missed the complete freedom to explore, which you cant do in TRL its A to B stuff.

The puzzles were nothing new really, a couple like in kazhakstan at the end took me about 8 mins to figure out what I had to do. If people are new to TR it will take them a bit longer as they dont have the old experience of how the puzzles usually work.

The sound issue for most also will be a major thing.

But also to say to people they should stop moaning? I aint moaning, I am voicing my concerns and my disappointment, we have that right after purchasing the game.

And to the thread starter, calling someone an idiot is asking for flames.

Twylaa
13th Apr 2006, 03:44
It's not a racing game, it's an adventure game. Sure it's fun to race the clock sometimes but relax and explore all you can.

You can feel however you feel about it, but, remember we can feel the same or opposite as you. We have the same right to voice our opinions as much as you do. ;)

Xxx_Lara_xxX
13th Apr 2006, 05:35
http://members.cox.net/tr1xp/
Tomb Raider 1 on Windows XP/2000

That is very impressive what you have accomplished, making 1990's TR1 run on XP. Are you involved with Glidos or the other re-texture (can't remember the name :p ) group?

I doubt any new TR game could keep you on the edge of your seat, with so much programming experience and day to day TR1- XP familiarity... :) remember the days when TR1 was new and fresh and just unbelievable? :rolleyes: I totally understand why people would spend hours and days (months?) making it importable to XP, with better graphics

But for us computer novices, Legend is an awesome and challenging game ;) Way better than AOD - which was difficult because of bugs and control/death issues, and Legend is easy because it's bug-free and fast with little backtracking... :rolleyes:

Everything people complained about, that TR had become about pushing blocks, finding generic keys, going back to find the "locked door around that corner near the beginning" of the level that was there but you don't remember where you saw it and can't find the key :( so they make a more linear game with less backtracking and lock-key puzzles, and now people want the backtracking back! :D Eh we're a lot, us Tr fans ;)

tr1xp
13th Apr 2006, 06:31
That is very impressive what you have accomplished, making 1990's TR1 run on XP. Are you involved with Glidos or the other re-texture (can't remember the name :p ) group?

Oh no...I didn't code any of that stuff. All I did was gather the information I've learned over the years and stick on that web page for easy reference for others. It's just my attempt to put "all you need to know" to get Tomb Raider 1 running on Windows 2000/XP in one easy to read place.

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 06:43
I finished the game in 6 hours, but that was without finding all of the medals and doing the time trials. Many other people also got that time.

I'm not sure how many games but you play, but even without getting everything that is much too short for a game these days.

carlo
13th Apr 2006, 07:38
Legend is easy because it's bug-free and fast with little backtracking... :rolleyes:

This is the reason it seems short to other gamers. Think about the old TR when you would follow a long corridor jumping obsticals and so on, then you get to the end and you need a key! Then youve got to go all the way back and find the key which could take you back to the start of the level!

Also legend is too linear for my liking (I enjoyed it though). Ok theres the occasional hidden passage way to your side but you wont get lost at all!

yesrushdt
13th Apr 2006, 11:59
You know...seriously, I have no choice but to dispute tr1xp's claims of fully exploring when people 'taking their time', last more than an hour on a single level, or up to 3 in your case.

By nearly 3 hours I meant that is how long it has taken me from the very beginning of the game up to the end of the flash back level (with a few minutes of exploring the mansion of course).:p