PDA

View Full Version : TRL more like an Expansion Pack?

the_sas_man
12th Apr 2006, 23:44
Anyone else agree?

before you all start on me, the game was actually very good. Been playing games for nearly 15 years including all the Tomb Raiiders. At final last my faith is restored in the series. It has its flaws but a HUGE leap in the right direction.

However, the shortness of it really hit me hard. Took me 7 hours to complete first time through. I've seen expansion packs take longer than that! I've spent 30 hours on Oblivion and havent even touched the main quest line! I'm not even half way through the game.

To me TRL felt like the type of thing I'd be happy to spend money on if it were an expansion...but not a game.

Of all its flaws, this is by the most disappointing aspect of it.

R1c4n
13th Apr 2006, 00:06
I usually never finish tomb raider games, I usually got stuck and since I didn't have internet back in the days, I would never get to complete the game because I couldn't find any guides or w/e. That being said, I was happy this game wasn't extremely long, but it was very linear. Usually I get lost in tomb raider and cry lmao, but this one I actually enjoyed. It wasn't too short for me, took me about a week to complete, and no level had anything that was repetitive to me. I never played the TR2 or TR1 expansion, so I can't really compare, but this game was short but enjoyable.

Straw Dog
13th Apr 2006, 00:19
I never played the TR2 or TR1 expansion, so I can't really compare, but this game was short but enjoyable.

You never played TR2???? dude, you should. It is the most incredible game, even today its atmosphere is intact. Ah, sweet nostalgia, I loved TR2, in fact I think I liked it more than TR1. The shipwreck, the Oilrig, the Opera House, Venice. I loved TR2.

Its about 16,958 times bigger than Legend though, but you can save anywhere. Ahhhh TR2!

Treeble
13th Apr 2006, 01:50
I think he meant the expansion. In this case, the TR2 expansion was all about Alaska. A great expansion pack it was, too. :thumbsup:

markmi123
13th Apr 2006, 01:55
You never played TR2???? dude, you should. It is the most incredible game, even today its atmosphere is intact. Ah, sweet nostalgia, I loved TR2, in fact I think I liked it more than TR1. The shipwreck, the Oilrig, the Opera House, Venice. I loved TR2.

Its about 16,958 times bigger than Legend though, but you can save anywhere. Ahhhh TR2!
AH! TR2 is so awesome in the first half like you said the offshore rig, opera house were my favorites along with the wreck

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 07:01
Yeah, the look of it, the story, and especially the length made it feel more like some kind of side story rather than the epic games that came before it.

tr3isthebest
13th Apr 2006, 09:53
I agree, i cannot believe the story was that short, it had the best game play, but whats the point if the actual story only lasts a day. i hope the next will be much much longer.

movieman
13th Apr 2006, 10:17
whats the point if the actual story only lasts a day.

The first few 'Metal Slug' games are still among my all-time favorites: and with infinite credits they last maybe an hour. Similarly, as a kid I spent far too much time playing 'Space Invaders' on the Atari 2600: a game which lasts, what, two or three minutes?

If the gameplay is fun, does it really matter how long the story lasts?

tr3isthebest
13th Apr 2006, 17:23
If the gameplay is fun, does it really matter how long the story lasts?
:thumbsup:
you are right dude but if it the gameplay is this good, isn't it really a waste to just have like 7 levels?