PDA

View Full Version : Why Does Lara Not Stop Moving

Malone
12th Apr 2006, 20:16
I have just purchased Tomb Raider after playing the demo I had to buy it, I am playing the game using my mouse and keyboard. When I press a button Lara keeps running in a straight line and does not stop, unless I bash the buttons then she starts to run another way :eek: .
I know its not my keyboard as all my other games work fine, I have unistalled the game and reinstalled it, I have updated the driver to 1.1 and the problem is still there :( I can't work out that the demo works fine but the finished game doesnt, does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

brandon1051
13th Apr 2006, 00:50
I am having the same problem. Demo was fine but full game does not work. I updated drivers for my equip and reinstalled. Someone please help! This game is unplayable right now. Guess I will go back to playing BF2! :mad: :mad:

brandon1051
13th Apr 2006, 03:41
I got a solution that worked for me. Open your task manager and find the trl.exe process and change it to normal. Once you find it right click, set priority to normal. Good Luck!

Malone
13th Apr 2006, 04:50
woot it works thanks your a star, I can now paly without having to bash the buttons randomly. thks again.

EnderDragoon
13th Apr 2006, 17:26
i had this same problem on the demo and in full version, however changing the priority didnt fix the problem...

cyberstorm
19th Apr 2006, 13:15
Sorry to post this solution in several threads

I have written a small vbscript to perform this action and it seems to work

first open notepad:

then cut and paste the text between the dotted lines into notepads window

---------------------------------------------------
Const NORMAL = 32

Dim WshShell, oExec

Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Set oExec = WshShell.Exec("trl.exe")

WScript.Sleep 10000

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colProcesses = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
("Select * from Win32_Process Where Name = 'trl.exe'")
For Each objProcess in colProcesses
objProcess.SetPriority(NORMAL)
Next
--------------------------------------------

save this file as tombstart.vbs into the tombraider directory at "C:\Program Files\Tomb Raider - Legend\" be carefull to save it as a .vbs file and not vbs.txt (select "all files" and use save as)

right click the file and save a shortcut to desktop

now when you click the shortcut the script should launch Tomb Raider, wait ten seconds and then reset the priority to NORMAL

hope this helps, of course I cant guarantee it will work every time or not cause another fault but it seems to work for me

Terry