PDA

View Full Version : New Nvidia Drivers Available!

MattD
12th Apr 2006, 19:19
Hey everyone,

I am pleased to inform you all that there are some new Nvidia drivers available that improve the performance of the PC version of Tomb Raider: Legend for people who have Nvidia graphic cards.

These drivers are available at http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_32bit_84.43.html.

jimexbox
13th Apr 2006, 17:22
Thanks for the link. This is a beta driver, so as the name suggests its not finished. :-)

Toran
16th Apr 2006, 01:17
Besides that it doesn't mention an improved performance but a SLI profile for TRL.

Just since the driver mentions TRL in the notes you don't have to make the thread sticky...

Bieeanda
19th Apr 2006, 22:33
Hey everyone,

I am pleased to inform you all that there are some new Nvidia drivers available that improve the performance of the PC version of Tomb Raider: Legend for people who have Nvidia graphic cards.

These drivers are available at http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_winxp_2k_32bit_84.43.html.

Amusingly, since installing those drivers, I've suffered hall-of-mirrors effects, glitchy textures and random crashes in TR:L.

So, yeah.

razr85
21st Apr 2006, 03:12
ok minor fps boost, bad textures, glitches, and realllyy unplayable. is eidos or nvidia doing anything at all about this, or the game is released..who cares anymore..

acseven
23rd Apr 2006, 20:11
The game crashes when I use the grapple to grab something (crashes when it touches the metal surfaces). This is using when using a 6600 GT, drivers 84.43 and v1.1.

so basically I can't play the game...

Neoed
29th Apr 2006, 01:26
Hi,

I'm new on this forum. Has anyone that has an EVGA Graphics card downloaded and tried the 84.56 drivers that they have posted on there site. Here is a link to them. ftp://evga.com/Driver/8456XP2K.exe It's a little tough to get a connection because the server is so busy but it is possible to download them with this link. :mad2: I just haven't had a chance to do so yet. I found this by going to http://www.guru3d.com
Oh, one more thing, anybody tried adjusting their cards using Rivatuner?

silverdragon68
30th Apr 2006, 05:38
Hi,

I'm new on this forum. Has anyone that has an EVGA Graphics card downloaded and tried the 84.56 drivers that they have posted on there site. Here is a link to them. ftp://evga.com/Driver/8456XP2K.exe It's a little tough to get a connection because the server is so busy but it is possible to download them with this link. :mad2: I just haven't had a chance to do so yet. I found this by going to http://www.guru3d.com
Oh, one more thing, anybody tried adjusting their cards using Rivatuner?

The 84.56 works better than 84.43 and they are whql also. playing legend with everything on now.

mystdragon
1st May 2006, 00:58
I have 3GHz HT P4 1G Ram PCIx 16 GeForce 6600 256MB.

When I use drivers above 81.98 I have no reflection or water effects. with the 84.43 drivers I can make it use Next-Gen by turning it to 640X480 and turning full screen effects and FSAA off. (not ideal) I still have glitchy textures with that setup. I don't really expect Next-Gen to work wonderfully on my 6600, but normal mode should work better than it does with the latest drivers. The next-gen stuff in this game should be a lot more scalable, say like if I only wanted next gen shadow and light effects. I'm tempted to pay the fortune(+500) for a 7900, but I haven't heard of anyone saying that the Lara dirt/wet effects work in Next-Gen mode.

Non next gen the game doesn't make my system sweat

Next gen My Rig goes "OW OW OW"

There is no sweet middle ground like in most other PC games, Like Q4 or D3.

Hase1
3rd May 2006, 12:42
Not much better with this One.

ForceWare v84.56
ftp://evga.com/Driver/8456XP2K.exe

Montresor
3rd May 2006, 18:07
Not much better with this One.

ForceWare v84.56
ftp://evga.com/Driver/8456XP2K.exe

My general FPS is higher with the 84.56 from the evga website.

Stuttering is still a nusiance however.

Played in 640x480 with all sound HW disabled (in audio control panel) and the stuttering was just as bad.

I'm playing obliv @ 1920x1200, ultra high settings (HDR) and it's like butter.

Sohail
6th May 2006, 00:09
Hi there,

after popping my TR Legend game disc in and following autoplay setup process, I have installed the directx v9.0c the game asks for during the initial pre-installations checks. But after rebooting the game still asks for it to be installed again and the "install" for the game itself if greyed out.

I eventually just explored the disc and ran the setup from there. The installation went fine. Trying to run the game and it reports that my graphics card does not support version 9.0c of directx and/or something about 3D capabilities.

I also installed the 84.43_forceware_winxp2k_english as suggested in this forum but still the same error pops up.

Surely my graphics card is not so poor that it cannot handle the game?

Are my settings or drivers wrong?

Please help, I'm so disappointed.

Thanks,
Sohail :os

Montresor
7th May 2006, 17:23
Hi there,

after popping my TR Legend game disc in and following autoplay setup process, I have installed the directx v9.0c the game asks for during the initial pre-installations checks. But after rebooting the game still asks for it to be installed again and the "install" for the game itself if greyed out.

I eventually just explored the disc and ran the setup from there. The installation went fine. Trying to run the game and it reports that my graphics card does not support version 9.0c of directx and/or something about 3D capabilities.

I also installed the 84.43_forceware_winxp2k_english as suggested in this forum but still the same error pops up.

Thanks,

Not sure what it changes, but there is a newer April version of DirectX here...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=FB73D860-5AF1-45E5-BAC0-9BC7A5254203&displaylang=en

or search for directx_apr2006_redist.exe @ www.microsoft.com/directx

RyuSuke
8th May 2006, 13:59
Not sure what it changes, but there is a newer April version of DirectX here...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=FB73D860-5AF1-45E5-BAC0-9BC7A5254203&displaylang=en

or search for directx_apr2006_redist.exe @ www.microsoft.com/directx

I had Install it...:whistle:
Nothing Change for the Bugs
(Shadow Problem....Texture Problem.. Not Fixed..):mad2:
FPS not Increase ...:mad2: ..

Montresor
8th May 2006, 20:56
new nvidia drivers (whlq) at www.evga.com seem to help alot.

Word is that they are going to be on the official nvidia site soon, nvidia just sends them to card vendors for testing... evga just decided to post them on their website.

RyuSuke
9th May 2006, 05:39
GOD...... :eek:
I had BLue Texture BUGs NOw.....:mad2:
I must install 1.1v now :mad2:

Sohail
9th May 2006, 22:15
Hi,

thanks for the help and the link to the new drivers but i still have the same problem.

Please read my original post for the problem.

I would be grateful if anybody could shed some light on this.

many thanks in advance.
Sohail

Dukmiester2
10th May 2006, 02:03
Hi,

thanks for the help and the link to the new drivers but i still have the same problem.

Please read my original post for the problem.

I would be grateful if anybody could shed some light on this.

many thanks in advance.
Sohail

I may be wrong, but I do believe your fx5600 is not capable of
some of the features of Directx 9.0c

I hate to bring bad news, so I hope I am wrong.

Maybe someone else can add to this?

Sohail
10th May 2006, 21:50
The Abit site doesn't say much at all.

thanks,
Sohail

RyuSuke
11th May 2006, 18:09
New Beta Driver OUT...
ForceWare 84.66 (x32) I am downloading...
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1393

Sohail
15th May 2006, 13:21
I'll hit the download and see what happens or else I think I may need a new graphics card

:nut:

Montresor
15th May 2006, 18:08
84.66 = no improvement for me, clean driver install...

Tockygame
16th May 2006, 08:31
I try with bata version, 84.43 but configuration panel via right click was disappear, even 84.56 from guru3D.
What should i do?

Anyway, I'm play with 48.21 with "Next gen cont" OFF, because, compare to ON it some green plant on the cliff is disappear just water fall is look more realistic, so OFF look nicer, faster (path 1.1)

Any problem with ATI never heard.

Montresor
16th May 2006, 20:29
I've tried 84.66 and 87.25, not much of an improvement w/ ngen on.

Dun think it's the drivers guys...

JemyM
21st May 2006, 11:52
Hey everyone,

Wow... It's like playing a whole new game... It seems the game ignored SLI at first, and I was kinda sad how slow the game was on my double GeForce 7900GTX but now it's really fluid.

RyuSuke
23rd May 2006, 17:19
new Driver
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1402

rulisky
24th May 2006, 14:50
Hi there,

Thanks,

I also have a GeForce FX5600 video card.

The game installs and plays fine up until you need to use the grapple control for the first time near the beginning of the Bolivia intro level. Then it crashes every time. Can NOT play any further. Game is v1.1 with DirectX 9.0c. Nothing works once you press the grapple button.

System details: Pentium IV, 3.0 GHz processor, 1.0 GB ram, GeForce FX5600 video card with 256 mb memory.

Read this forum and tried to solve the problem; evga drivers will NOT install on my nVidia card. Have tried the following nVidia drivers: 84.21, 84.43 beta, 81.95, and 91.28 beta. I contacted nVidia support directly and they did respond promptly. They gave me a link to the 91.28 beta drivers, last on my list.

STILL the same problem - it crashes when you try to use the grapple control. I just finished sending my updated reply to nVidia. Have to wait to see what they will say now.

But, I think it is a disgrace that you can not properly support a game when you brag about your video cards right in the game intro splash screens - "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" - and then the customer can NOT play the game using one of the company's video cards!

nVidia and Eidos working closely together? Which should I blame more (or both)??

Neoed
24th May 2006, 17:41
I also have a GeForce FX5600 video card.

The game installs and plays fine up until you need to use the grapple control for the first time near the beginning of the Bolivia intro level. Then it crashes every time. Can NOT play any further. Game is v1.1 with DirectX 9.0c. Nothing works once you press the grapple button.

System details: Pentium IV, 3.0 GHz processor, 1.0 GB ram, GeForce FX5600 video card with 256 mb memory.

Read this forum and tried to solve the problem; evga drivers will NOT install on my nVidia card. Have tried the following nVidia drivers: 84.21, 84.43 beta, 81.95, and 91.28 beta. I contacted nVidia support directly and they did respond promptly. They gave me a link to the 91.28 beta drivers, last on my list.

STILL the same problem - it crashes when you try to use the grapple control. I just finished sending my updated reply to nVidia. Have to wait to see what they will say now.

But, I think it is a disgrace that you can not properly support a game when you brag about your video cards right in the game intro splash screens - "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" - and then the customer can NOT play the game using one of the company's video cards!

nVidia and Eidos working closely together? Which should I blame more (or both)??

Did you install the 1.1 patch yourself? If so uninstall it. Now re-install the game without the patch.

rulisky
24th May 2006, 19:45
The game came on one DVD as v1.1 right out of the box. So, I can't uninstall the "patch". I am getting the feeling after researching most of today that I am probably needing to replace the video card.

rulisky
24th May 2006, 21:41
I just received my second response from nVidia. Basically they said to contact the company that actually made the card in my computer. Looked on my old paperwork and noted that it was eVGA.

So, I called eVGA's tech support and told them my problem. They zeroed in real quick. The graphics requirement for this game is an nVidia GF 5900 or better/ATI 9800XT or better.

Now, I feel a little foolish. My GF FX 5600 is NOT ever going to work. Some one else has my same card - so listen up. The tech told me to get another card (or don't play the game). I do appreciate his knowledge and quick solution - nVidia should have picked up on this sooner!

Time to go shopping.

Sensut
25th May 2006, 00:49
F***CK!!!
-Commandos Strike Force with 84.21 crashes, TR Legends works...
-TR Legends 84.43 beta crashes, Commados SF works!
-Desperados 2 without nVidia logo works with both drivers on GF 6600!!!

rulisky
27th May 2006, 02:49
Just bought a new GF 6200 video card to replace my old GF 5600 because according to the game requirements you need a GF 5900 or better. The eVGA tech told me to use the 84.56 drivers.

Guess what? The game STILL crashes when you use the Grapple control. I am near the beginning of the Bolivia level where you first need to use the Grapple - more or less the tutorial part. Can not go past this point. I am fumed!!

Any good ideas?? Thanks.

Luc [TRO]
29th May 2006, 06:39
there are 91.28 official beta out

see : http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_downloads_rel70betadriver.html

some improvements in nvidia control panel
it seems to be a much better in NG with TRL !

Jurjen
29th May 2006, 09:02
The grapple crashing has nothing to do with your card. It's caused by you using an illegally copied version.

rulisky
29th May 2006, 10:56
The grapple crashing has nothing to do with your card. It's caused by you using an illegally copied version.

Thank you for your most knowledgeable reply.

Unfortunately, it is NOT an illegally copied version.

rulisky
29th May 2006, 15:40
This IS crazy. I tried un-installing the game. Removed all registry entries by hand. Re-installed the game. Tried to install DX 9.0c again (even though DX can not be un-installed). Running the same 91.28 beta drivers that are among the many versions that I had tried previously.

AND now the grapple control works; the game did not crash.

Wonder what could be next . . .

Discordia666
31st May 2006, 13:09
At last !!! Something that actually does improve NextGen performance. I have an overclocked 7900 GTX (512mb) and previously found version 1.1 of the game just about playable with NextGen on. None of the recently released drivers made any real difference. The 91.28 drivers have pretty much eliminated the stuttering and the pausing is now minimal.
My brother reports the same thing on his overclocked 7900 GT (256mb).
Pity I've already finished the game. Ah well.

Luc [TRO]
31st May 2006, 15:53
Effectively I have the same card (7900 GTX no O/C) running under win xp64 on a Pentium D 950 3,4 GHZ 2GB DDR2.

The couple "patch 1.2 and the new drivers 91.28" make the difference no more jerks and a fluid game in NG. framerate is always 40/50 fps at res 1600x1200 with all quality options ON.

Darkness_65
31st May 2006, 18:23
Quote:
Thank you for your most knowledgeable reply.

Unfortunately, it is NOT an illegally copied version.

What Jurjen was trying to say, is that THIS grapple issue is frequently (not always) associated with a NO CD\DVD\DISK patch, even if you have the original game. If that's the case, well, you know what was wrong. If not, it would be usefull for us to know as well.

Headache
4th Aug 2006, 04:27
For the TR 10 AE, are they going to fix the nvidia driver issues with next gen? On my computer the next gen is choppy because of this. That's the only problem I seem to have.... Or must I spend more money on new drivers... Ugh... I just bought mine several months ago...