PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Legend & Tomb Raider Films!

NecroFeline
12th Apr 2006, 18:47
Is it just me or were there many similarities from the Films. Croft Manor – Zips working area = Bryce working area. The grand stairs now going up the middle of the main room and not at either end of the entrance.

Also did you hear through out the game music from the films?

;)

BunnyLover
12th Apr 2006, 19:01
Is it just me or were there many similarities from the Films. Croft Manor – Zips working area = Bryce working area. The grand stairs now going up the middle of the main room and not at either end of the entrance.

Makes sense really. I imagine the majority of the kids that buy and play the console versions will be more familiar with the films of Tomb Raider than they will be of the original 1990's PS1 game.

My disappointment with the manor was that I was hoping once you solved the inside puzzles, it would open up to the outdoors. Ah well. Maybe in the sequel. :rolleyes:

NecroFeline
12th Apr 2006, 19:14
From BunnyLover
My disappointment with the manor was that I was hoping once you solved the inside puzzles, it would open up to the outdoors. Ah well. Maybe in the sequel

With the gym/training room being in side may be a Bike racetrack out side like when they had the Quad track. :)

Mangar The Dark
12th Apr 2006, 19:34
My disappointment with the manor was that I was hoping once you solved the inside puzzles, it would open up to the outdoors. Ah well. Maybe in the sequel. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I suspect they purposely omit certain things so that the CAN add them in a sequel and then tout it as a new feature and get everyone excited again. I definitely think EA does this with their sports games, since they know they have to release a new edition each year, and it wouldn't surprise to find out CD did it with Legend. From a marketing stand point, it makes sense-- Legend already offers enough new stuff to entice people, Legend 2 (or whatever it'll be called) might not have the benefit of an all-new engine, etc, so they'll throw in more bells and whistles like the outside of the mansion. Just a thought.

Beechwell
12th Apr 2006, 20:02
Oh the horrible, horrible films...
I'd rather have Laras friends from the old games back than those two young men who are obviously made to bring the game closer to the films. And that modern workstation spoils the main manor hall, imho.

Ok, rant end; I do feel that they are trying to take the games closer to the movies to coordinate the franchises more.

Joshorty
12th Apr 2006, 20:06
There's no outdorr explorations:eek: O man I was happy that TR II had that!!..o well...the mansion had a good atmosphere since the orignal mansion...I loved it anyway:D ...gues I'll be lookin' forward to this too...and I'm tempted to buy the game today (for some reason, it's $49.99 CANADIAN:D that's now cheaper then US dollars:D ). I saw it at my local video game store...and X360 version lags so much:eek:

Vicky
12th Apr 2006, 20:12
aha! I thought the mansion looked very different yet familiar!!! I didn't think about the films!! :p

I think I preferred the old mansion myself.

Beechwell
12th Apr 2006, 20:15
There's no outdorr explorations:eek: O man I was happy that TR II had that!!..o well...the mansion had a good atmosphere since the orignal mansion...I loved it anyway:D
I don't see the big issue with the outdoor area is. If the mansion is big enough and well designed, that's fine. And I do think the mansion is generally well done, it looks gorgeous, and there is more to do than in the old games I daresay.
And there is at least an inner courtyard, albeit with little to do (unless that's where the two secrets are I'm still missing).

NecroFeline
12th Apr 2006, 20:21
Oh the horrible, horrible films...
I'd rather have Laras friends from the old games back than those two young men who are obviously made to bring the game closer to the films. And that modern workstation spoils the main manor hall, imho.

Ok, rant end; I do feel that they are trying to take the games closer to the movies to coordinate the franchises more.

I do think the Manor looks better and bigger. Yes Zips work station does spoil the main room, theirs many a door that won’t open – could they not stuck it behind one.

PS2 version in the UK is £29.99 = $52.50

Allek
12th Apr 2006, 20:25
no more low budget movies!

NecroFeline
12th Apr 2006, 20:31
The Res Evils were good and fingers crossed for Silent Hill

carlo
12th Apr 2006, 20:39
I don't see the big issue with the outdoor area is. If the mansion is big enough and well designed, that's fine. And I do think the mansion is generally well done, it looks gorgeous, and there is more to do than in the old games I daresay.
And there is at least an inner courtyard, albeit with little to do (unless that's where the two secrets are I'm still missing).

Ye the rewards give a purpose to the mansion gameplay. so instead of wandering around aimlessly and locking winston in the fridge youve got riddles to solve and secrets to find

NecroFeline
12th Apr 2006, 20:41
Ye the rewards give a purpose to the mansion gameplay. so instead of wandering around aimlessly and locking winston in the fridge youve got riddles to solve and secrets to find

That was fun! ;)