PDA

View Full Version : am i being silly or is the demo pointless.

kerrysmagicshirt
12th Apr 2006, 18:19
ok sop it's been ages since i played TR and i have never played it on a pc before like now.

So i have installed the demo and got it all working but the majortity of the screen is blocked by a texture effect - in the top left corner there is a massive white box containing lara's silloette and the only bit you can see is through a large shadow shape of lara. This seems a bit pointless if you can't see anything cause you can't really test the game at all. or am i just being silly?

Jurjen
12th Apr 2006, 18:55
I don't think it's supposed to look like that :) Do you have a screenshot?

kerrysmagicshirt
12th Apr 2006, 18:58
here you go - it's obviously a glitch cause the top left image has changed and the big silloette has gone. It's really dark too but lights up sparodically.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e77/kerrysmagicshirt/tr.jpg

BunnyLover
12th Apr 2006, 18:58
Sounds like you have one of the follow problems;

>Hardware with out of date drivers.
>Incompatible Hardware
>Used a setting in the options that your graphics card doesn't support.

My suggestion is to ensure your graphics drivers are up to date, if that doesn't help, you could try running the "setup" program and disable various graphics options.

Hope something works. I was not convinced to buy TLR having suffered through AOD. The demo convinced me otherwise and I've loved playing the full version of TLR so far.

kerrysmagicshirt
12th Apr 2006, 19:03
you'll have to forgive me - someone built my comp for me (and i'm a bit of a girl whith stuff like this) - how do i find out the specs? is it through the control panel somewhow? i'm certain i have dirext x 9 too

kerrysmagicshirt
12th Apr 2006, 19:21
i got it! i had selected aniti aliased int he start up (being a graphic designer i assumed that would be a good thing to do)

cheers for the help guys.