PDA

View Full Version : Snake Monster

BunnyLover
12th Apr 2006, 11:32
Well... this bit is spoiling an otherwise enjoyable game for me.

I've checked the walkthrough and was doing exactly what it said.
Try and summon the snake monster to the area I want by shooting the tank and then putting the guns away and using the grapple on the lever.

Do you have to shoot the tank to summon it, because it moves to that area of water anyway?
I just can't get the timings right. When I do think I've got the cage to hit it, it just "clips" through the monsters head anyway.

Can someone explain how the timings of this work. I found every other part of the game easy so far (finished all other bosses first time, completed manor etc) but I can't even get one hit on this snake thing.

ankushm999
12th Apr 2006, 11:40
Rather than explaining it to you I think its best if you see this:

http://www.laracroftonline.com/cgi-bin/walkthroughs/read.asp?newsID=37

carlo
12th Apr 2006, 12:18
Just keep shooting the tanks and youll notice a sort of yellow ambiance around it. The "thing" will then ignore you and turn its head to the tank. Thats when you use your grapple to drop the cages onto his head. repeat with all the cages.

Another tip if needed
I used the bottom two first while i kept moving to avoid the stuff he spits at you and standing as far away from the water as possible so he cant hit you. Good Luck :thumbsup:

BunnyLover
12th Apr 2006, 12:41
Thanks folks.

I haven't been in game to try yet, but it seems my mistake was only shooting the tank once to summon the snake. Looks like I gotta shoot it lots till the creature starts watching it.

Thanks again...
:)

Scott =]!
12th Apr 2006, 17:16
its after the first two tanks are gone that im stuck what do i do

i checked a walkthrought but it said to go in the water so i tried that but there is just a cutscean with Lara getting eaten

carlo
12th Apr 2006, 18:41
its after the first two tanks are gone that im stuck what do i do

i checked a walkthrought but it said to go in the water so i tried that but there is just a cutscean with Lara getting eaten

NO DONT GO IN THE WATER!! Just do what you done with the other two. Try to keep moving so he cant hit you

Jobo
18th Apr 2006, 23:59
Rather than explaining it to you I think its best if you see this:

http://www.laracroftonline.com/cgi-bin/walkthroughs/read.asp?newsID=37

Wow, nice walkthrough, thanks!

Higgs
19th Apr 2006, 00:30
That was the part that almost made me quit playing...permanently.
After shooting the bell a bunch of times...7-10 rounds, the bell will let out a noticable gong that is louder. It is then the dragon focuses on the bell.

Immediately switch to the grapple. This was the hardest for me because there is no easy way to switch from the guns to the grapple. I had to double tap the "Z" key and then hit "Q".

After doing this scene 20 times, I nearly punched a whole in the monitor. But then...eventually, I got through it.

Good luck!

Beechwell
19th Apr 2006, 02:04
After doing this scene 20 times, I nearly punched a whole in the monitor. But then...eventually, I got through it.

And you still didn't like it? :p
I thought these frustrating moments are what TR is all about. Far too few of them in TRL sadly.

hansomepete
19th Apr 2006, 14:46
OK so i'm no the only one that had to dig his monitor out of the trash....:D Freaking thing, i had it down to two bells when i ran out of ammo. The pistols don't do squat for ringing bells.