PDA

View Full Version : Camera control and movement

RebeL_fARmeR
12th Apr 2006, 10:50
Hey there my little homies!!! Long time no chat. I hope you're all well.

I checked out the TR7 demo last night, within 5 minutes, the always-look-the-same-way camera drove my head squiffy. As pretty as Laz may be, when she's running forwards I'd rather not be looking at her face! :)

I understand there's a certain amount of camera control possible in the retail version of the game, my question: Is it possible to set the camera so it stays BEHIND Laz like all the other TR games. Also, can it be set so that UP ARROW means FORWARDS and DOWN ARROW means BACKWARDS, rather than the default "towards, away, side to side" setup?

:D Mucho thankies one and all. :D

Peace out, and remember, in the UK it's illegal to summon a Balrog without a license! :eek:

movieman
12th Apr 2006, 10:59
Uh, if you're talking about the PC version, the mouse controls the camera (except in the stupid places where you can't move the camera at all).

RebeL_fARmeR
12th Apr 2006, 11:21
PC version, sorry, forgot to say.

I did play with the mouse a bit, but Tomb Raider on the mouse is kinda unthinkable to me. The mouse is optional, the camera WILL correct itself and look in the right direction without the need for a mouse, but it does tend to look the wrong way quite a lot. I was thinking of a way to make it keyboard-only with a classic camera set-up.

Meh, I think tonight I'll just have to admit defeat and try to get myself on the mouse... :(

Cheers anyway

RuumTaedor
12th Apr 2006, 13:38
Hi Rebel Farmer. I prefer the classic controls also. I want Lara's movements to control the camera, not the camera to control Lara's movements. Oh well, I'll get used to it. Awesome looking game.