PDA

View Full Version : TR:L out the 12th not the 11th!!!!!!

Denny33142
11th Apr 2006, 19:14
i wasted gas going to all the stores in my area including ebgames,gamespot,wal-mart,bestbuy....... ebgames and gamestop told be that its out the 12th not the 11th and circuitcity and best buy told be the 13th!

why the hell did eidos and all other sites say the 11th?

eidos is gonna have to reimburse me for gas

Lara Croft Wanna Be
11th Apr 2006, 19:16
Eidos Said it ships the 11th

Denny33142
11th Apr 2006, 19:24
if you look at the TR:L add on gamespot is says "In Stores Now"

galerie
11th Apr 2006, 19:30
same problem in maryland too....but i preordered from Amazon hoping to get it on the day and was really pissed when i emailed them to ask why the shipping date was a few weeks later and they said it was because of all the orders....geeesh, i am getting the game at a local shop and cancelling with Amazon....so much for preordering.... this is very frustating, you wait and wait for the game and then finally its released on 4/11 then you find out that you have to wait another day....

NightRain'06
11th Apr 2006, 20:30
That's what typically happens. Even though the game site says a specific date for a game's release, that really means the publishers of the game will ship it out to retailers on that date and the stores will have them on display the following day. Sometimes I do think though that they try to have it in stores on that specific date, but from my personal experiences of purchasing games that I really want in stores, it's rare when it comes to buying them on the release date. So I'd end up buying them the following day or sometimes two days after the release date.

There were occasions when I'd actually call up the store like either EBGames or GameStop and asked if the game's in stock since that's what the site showed. I'd be told immediately that the date listed in the site is when the game will be shipped to their store and that they'd have it the following day.

bene
11th Apr 2006, 21:34
i wasted gas going to all the stores in my area including ebgames,gamespot,wal-mart,bestbuy....... ebgames and gamestop told be that its out the 12th not the 11th and circuitcity and best buy told be the 13th!

why the hell did eidos and all other sites say the 11th?

eidos is gonna have to reimburse me for gas

Me too!
BUT Best Buy said tomorrow.

David 070
11th Apr 2006, 23:32
yeah,i wasted my time going to the store today too.oh well.:cool:

NaughtyGirl
11th Apr 2006, 23:51
not in any stores today, although I did find one Walmart that had the guide!!! Go figure. Why put the guide out before the game? So I think it'll definitely be in WalMart tomorrow....

Trinity34
11th Apr 2006, 23:53
Circuit City has a calender if you want to wait until thursday. :)

NightRain'06
12th Apr 2006, 01:56
It also really depends on the shipment quantity of the game ordered by the stores too. So that's why you'd see some stores have it one to two days after said release date.