PDA

View Full Version : im realy upset...

killachop07
11th Apr 2006, 17:33
i walked into the local gamestop in my area and i was very excited...i planned on getting the game today...and i had even put it on pre order...so i walked in and asked the guy if i could have my game...and he said it only comes in tomorrow...and that left me extremely upset...i thought release date was April 11, 2006...not April 12, 2006...im just mad i gotta wait another day...grrr all u guys sound like ur having fun...and im stuck here bored...but on my way to work today imma stop by a different gamestop to see what they have to say...i hope they have it...and if not w/e...i'll just get it tomorrow...has anyone else had this problem??? or is this just in my area???

P.S. I don't know if its because its for the xbox 360 or not...but i was still expecting to have it today...

~SteveO~

galerie
11th Apr 2006, 17:43
no, it seems to be everywhere, i called a couple local game stores and they all said it will be in tomorrow, what time, who knows

soulguard
11th Apr 2006, 17:44
I've noticed that problem as well with EB and Gamestop. They rarely have the games on Street Date. The Street Date is the time when stores can put it on their shelves and sell it, so that all stores have equal oppurtunities to sell the product. But some stores don't seem to get orders until well after street day.

Unless it's a huge release title like, Half-Life or Madden... odd. :confused:

~soulguard

galerie
11th Apr 2006, 17:50
well be happy you did preorder from Amazon (US), i emailed regarding when I would receive it and they said they have an estimated ship date of 4/25, ouch.... I am getting it earlier at a game shop and then cancelling with Amazon. I was under the impression that I would get the game at least the next day when i preordered....what a joke preordering is....

Silver_Rain
11th Apr 2006, 18:29
I was under the impression that I would get the game at least the next day when i preordered....what a joke preordering is....

Tell me about it:rolleyes: I pre-ordered my copy from amazon.co.uk in early March and was notified by email that it had shipped early in the morning on the 7th(the release date for Europe). The estimated delievery date was April 7th-11th 2006...yeah right. Currently late in the evening on the 11th and I haven't received a thing:( Yeah sure it can arrive tomorrow or the day after, but I'm a bit fed up with sitting here bored to death while everyone's out there having fun playing:(

galerie
11th Apr 2006, 18:57
i'll never pre order again... this was my first and last time. i just checked the Amazon web page and the tomb raider game says 'ships in 1 to 2 weeks', what the heck is that all about... as soon as i get the game from my local shop, i am cancelling....

monwolf
12th Apr 2006, 05:06
I'm starting to get really worried about all this talk of Amazon being ..... well, you know. I pre-ordered it in March w/ one day ship so I could get it the 12th. When I log in to my account, it still says estimated delivery will be the 12th, however, as of 11pm the 11th, it still hadn't shipped! That's the whole point in pre-ordering... we pre-order, we get first dibs. They should know how many copies they need just from the number of pre-orders. I'll never pre-order again.. this is ridiculous! And to think, a friend ordered it TODAY from walmart and is expecting it TOMORROW!!! What up with that! If I don't have my game tomorrow, I'm canceling my order and will just drive around till I find it!:mad:

NightmareSiegfried
12th Apr 2006, 05:59
i walked into the local gamestop in my area and i was very excited...i planned on getting the game today...and i had even put it on pre order...so i walked in and asked the guy if i could have my game...and he said it only comes in tomorrow...and that left me extremely upset...i thought release date was April 11, 2006...not April 12, 2006...im just mad i gotta wait another day...grrr all u guys sound like ur having fun...and im stuck here bored...but on my way to work today imma stop by a different gamestop to see what they have to say...i hope they have it...and if not w/e...i'll just get it tomorrow...has anyone else had this problem??? or is this just in my area???

P.S. I don't know if its because its for the xbox 360 or not...but i was still expecting to have it today...

~SteveO~
me too,drove a half hour to ebgames, they said it "ships" on the 12th.