PDA

View Full Version : So how long now actually!

Snap125
11th Apr 2006, 16:18
Hey!

I'd be interested in how long it took u to finish the game!

I JUST finished the game and I haven't found all the secrets yet and haven't done any time trials. Just play it through and i have 14h35m

How about u guys?

Straw Dog
11th Apr 2006, 16:20
I'm on the last level, haven't even touched the mansion yet, am at 71% and have 11 hours clocked up. But thats 11 hours saved time, I've played and jumped and died and been eaten by a certain annoying boss character many times adding up to a good couple of hours extra.

L Croft
11th Apr 2006, 18:03
12 hours having completed the game and gone back to get the secrets I missed, and having got everything in the mansion and done two time trials.

Beechwell
11th Apr 2006, 18:23
10:30 was the clock when I finishd the game. Adding to that the time I didn't save becuase of getting killed by one boss or the other, I guess it's been around 12 hours. After that I had maybe half the secrets or a little less.
Right now I'm at 18:50 hours and am still missing several secrets and haven't done any time trials.
So, despite I still think the game is very short, I'm still enjoying it. Which I hadn't expected after some of the remarks made here..

tr1xp
11th Apr 2006, 18:35
6:59 and 98% after going back and completing the Mansion.

GoranAgar
11th Apr 2006, 18:35
My wife and I play together. We haven't finished it yet. Right now, we have been playing for 36 hours.

tr1xp
11th Apr 2006, 18:50
LOL...you MUST start the game in the morning then leave it run when you go to work.

GoranAgar
11th Apr 2006, 18:54
Well, we already replayed a few levels. We started on hard right away and are after all the Rewards. And we look at everything. We haven't waited so long for this game just to rush through. ;)

Snap125
11th Apr 2006, 19:33
Oh my god "straw dog"! And i thought i was the only goof one who fell to death in england and nepal a thousand times! *lol* :D :D

-Dizzy-
11th Apr 2006, 19:56
6:00:??

6 hours and a couple of seconds when I finished the game, that was without any time trials, and without all of the rewards. I spent some time in the mansion but I don't remember how long.

I've played the game a lot longer since then, not sure what my current time is but it more than doubled the 6 hours.

munchkin
11th Apr 2006, 20:04
well orignal was 11hrs, to finish, with about half rewards, in game. have since replayed, so much, i'd guess, clokcing over 40hrs, and still loving it :)

beccaxx

Beechwell
11th Apr 2006, 21:11
One question: Does the game clock contiune when you die and respawn? I assumed it would reset, but since you are not actually reloading, it probably doesn't. So no extra time for dying. That would explain how some people managed to rush through in 6 hours.

L Croft
11th Apr 2006, 21:19
I'm not sure, when you are doing the time trials the clock continues rather than going back to the time at the last check point, so this is probably the same.

Notts Raider
11th Apr 2006, 21:20
it took me a week to finish the game

socom
11th Apr 2006, 21:33
And we look at everything. We haven't waited so long for this game just to rush through. ;)

Yeah, that's a good approach for sure.

I haven't even gotten my copy yet, but I will definitely keep that idea in mind as I play through Legend.

Acceber
11th Apr 2006, 21:36
I am at about 16 hours, and have just started level four. Although I have not yet finished collecting my rewards and secrets in the earlier levels. And there is still a lot of mansion appreciation left in me. :thumbsup:

I agree 100% with Goran. I am not rushing, I am savouring every moment. :D

bex86
12th Apr 2006, 13:05
i bought the game last friday and ive just completed it, im gutted as i love tomb raider and i was hopeing it would last longer. does ne one think there will be a sequal???

David 070
12th Apr 2006, 13:21
"14 hrs", "12 hrs".

i really dont think legend is short at all!

its just most of you around here probablly flew through it real quick!
something that is really appealing tends to keep people interested in it.(ever heard of time flys when your having fun)?

when im at work the hours seem to drag by drearily.

but when im hanging with friends or messing with the pc.the hours just fly by!

:o

carlo
12th Apr 2006, 13:28
I think people flew through it because in all fairness its got a storyline that you just want to see what happens. Also the game is quite linear. I never felt like I was going the wrong way like I have on previous TR's

Mangar The Dark
12th Apr 2006, 13:57
I'm glad to hear that the game has a good story. That's something I really value in games, and to be honest, most of the previous TR games had really weak plots, and I often forgot why I was doing whatever it was that I was doing. TR4 and AOD were really the only other TR games in which it was obvious that the designers cared about the story. The rest just had largely forgettable plots that served soley as excuses to find powerful artifacts.

Marklar2k6
12th Apr 2006, 14:13
I bought the game at 9.30am on Friday the 7th of April, and had completed it before midnight. It took me around 8hrs, but an hour of that was getting all the secrets at Croft Manor. I'd have been finished sooner in the day, but took a break.

Im now just trying to find the rest of the secrets that i missed.

Marklar

Straw Dog
12th Apr 2006, 14:17
i bought the game last friday and ive just completed it, im gutted as i love tomb raider and i was hopeing it would last longer. does ne one think there will be a sequal???

Nah, I'm sure this is the last Tomb Raider game that'll ever be made. After all its not like its a guaranteed money spinner or anything ;)

David 070
12th Apr 2006, 14:24
Nah, I'm sure this is the last Tomb Raider game that'll ever be made. After all its not like its a guaranteed money spinner or anything ;)

i hope not!

Mangar The Dark
12th Apr 2006, 14:26
Straw Dog was being sarcastic.

carlo
12th Apr 2006, 14:37

In a way I hope so but the story in legend seems set for a sequal!

-Dizzy-
12th Apr 2006, 16:16
"14 hrs", "12 hrs".

i really dont think legend is short at all!

its just most of you around here probablly flew through it real quick!
something that is really appealing tends to keep people interested in it.(ever heard of time flys when your having fun)?

when im at work the hours seem to drag by drearily.

but when im hanging with friends or messing with the pc.the hours just fly by!

:o
It took 6 hours for me to complete the game, and that included a short bit of time in the croft mansion (not sure how long exactly).

That is very short, especially for a game like Tomb Raider.

The only games I've played this generation that were shorter are Wario World & Clock Tower 3.

Straw Dog
12th Apr 2006, 18:05
Straw Dog was being sarcastic.

I'm afraid I was, I do apologise, sometimes I just can't resist a little lighthearted dig. Re: a sequel, I am willing to bet every penny I will ever earn that there will indeed be a sequel. Tomb Raider is with us for a very long time to come yet. You don't kill a cash cow and TR is a very fat cash cow indeed. Its unlikely CD will have been given a one game deal. They would have .. if they were not already an established developer of third person action adventure games. It was probably more like a 3 game deal. My guess is we're in for a trilogy based on:

SPOILER ALERT:

...the search for Lara's mother through Avalon, I think this trilogy will ultimately be about her finding closure on what happened to her parents

Though I don't claim to be Einstein for figuring that out, its pretty obvious really...:(

carlo
12th Apr 2006, 18:38
Ye it was pretty obvious TBH