PDA

View Full Version : TombRaiders in the US....let us know where/when you got your copy

galerie
11th Apr 2006, 12:43
Let us know where/when you got your copy...is it going to be today, or do we have to wait until tomorrow

David 070
11th Apr 2006, 12:59
im going to go looking today,after work.probablly bestbuy then walmart,want to see where i can get it as cheap as possible.but im definately getting it!:D

i dont think the game will be short for me,since i tend to admire the scenery,trees etc everything in the game just the feeling of being in a cool adventure!:D

OuTR
11th Apr 2006, 13:28
I pre ordered it from EB Games so ill go today after work. I don't really have many options being that pc prices for this game are pretty neutral at $39. I'm not to worried about the game length since ill only be able to play about an hour a day after work anyway. Good thing it didn't come out on a Friday.

bene
11th Apr 2006, 13:31
Today!!!:)

Best Buy because I have a Credit there that will cover the cost.
The better price (39.99) was Amazon.com.

Twylaa
11th Apr 2006, 14:36
Depends on what format you're getting. I don't think Best Buy has PC version.
So, I think I'll check Wal-Mart first. :D :thumbsup:

Denny33142
11th Apr 2006, 15:58
according to circuitcity there selling the xbox,ps2, versions for 39.99 this week. i hope i dont get to circuitcity today and find the game @ $50

gthsii
11th Apr 2006, 16:20
I called my local Gamestop this morning and they claim the game is shipping today and won't arrive in their stores until at least noon tomorrow (Wednesday April 12th). Anybody else confirm this?

galerie
11th Apr 2006, 16:21
yep, ebgames said the same thing... I think ebgames and gamestop are the same store...so i guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow

shadewe
11th Apr 2006, 17:14
I have mine being shipped to me. Won't expect it till thursday at the latest, Tomorrow at the earliest.

gthsii
11th Apr 2006, 17:16
Gamestop and EBgames...same firm. I also just checked Walmart and they claim they wont have it until Friday...but the kid I asked didn't seem too knowledgable about TR...just said all new games usually come in on Thursday or Friday.

Twylaa
12th Apr 2006, 05:16
I've heard that most stores will be getting it on the 12th of April or even after that instead of today, 11th. Not sure how they figure that, but, I suppose they were right to say "In Stores Spring 2006". :rolleyes:

Rose662
12th Apr 2006, 05:41
I'm going to wait until June to get it for my birthday.

I'll buy it from Amazon.com. I buy all my TRs from Amazon.com. You can't trust the stores to sell good copies. At least not here from personal experience.

yesrushdt
12th Apr 2006, 17:17
Just picked it up from GameStop (Xbox 360 version). Now comes the long 5 hour wait until I can get home to play it.:D

gthsii
12th Apr 2006, 17:35
Picked it up at EBGames around 11:45AM...50 minutes in I've finished Bolivia (medium difficulty only tho)...

Lara Croft Online
12th Apr 2006, 18:21
Just got home got the 360 version, (guide book) and (lithograph) with pre-order.
I plan on playing at the highest difficulty just to say I did it lol :D

Trinity34
12th Apr 2006, 21:57
Now comes the long 5 hour wait until I can get home to play it.:D

Are you saying you drove 5 hours to get the game? hehe. :D

Trinity34
12th Apr 2006, 21:58
Do you guys ever think that electronic stores are staffed by total idiots? ;)

DanO-mulder
12th Apr 2006, 23:09
Picked mine up after work today at Gamestop. Played a few levels already.

Resident Evil X
13th Apr 2006, 01:05
:thumbsup: Yet Got it. pa pa pa pa pa....Im loving it!!

markmi123
13th Apr 2006, 01:09
I went yesterday to buy it at several stores...couldn't find it..so I finally asked someone at GameStop what the deal was and he said it's a conspiracy on part of the game companies since the release date is actually the date they ship them to the stores...but I think he is confused since gamestop probably got them yesterday in their headquarters and then shipped it all out to the stores by today.

Went in 11am this morning and they had a couple of copies on PC...been happy since :)

I was supposed to get the lithograph since I preordered it..but there were a whole bunch of unopened freight boxes in the back I didn't want to make the poor guy rummage through all that for my lithograph lol.

RuumTaedor
13th Apr 2006, 02:40
(posted this in another similar thread)

I just picked up the Windows version at EB Games. Yay!

Twylaa
13th Apr 2006, 03:50
Now they say they wont have any platforms of the game at Best Buy until Friday! Oy vei... :rolleyes:

koffire0210
13th Apr 2006, 04:48
i got my copy on the 11TH at walmart my wife called and the kid said ya we have them come on over,when she got there they said they couldnt sell it to her yet and my wife got the store manager and told him what the kid said so they went ahead and sold it to her early

Resy
13th Apr 2006, 05:33
I haven't checked Wal-Mart yet. The wife has a $10 off card for any video game at Best Buy which has not gotten a copy yet. Her card expires on the 15th so if they don't have one by then... well then I'm going to shop somewere else.

So far I've been trying to keep my excitement under control by playing the demo over and over and over... :D

galerie
13th Apr 2006, 11:47
yesterday 4/12 at ebgames, the clerk said that they were only sent 2 pc games...but they had quite a few xbox360

OuTR
13th Apr 2006, 13:58
I just got it yesterday after work and although it seems a bit short so far I'm not even half way done and I've loved every second of the game so far. Lara and the game are awesome!

yesrushdt
13th Apr 2006, 15:04
Are you saying you drove 5 hours to get the game? hehe. :D

No, I got it at a GameStop nearby my office at lunch. Didn't get off from work until 5 hours later.:p