PDA

View Full Version : TB Legend Sound Issue

vorob_
10th Apr 2006, 17:08
I’ve got some strange sound issue, It’s some king of cracking sound, don’t know what to do. I lowered sound acceleration, it helped but I don’t want always do it to play the game.

P.s. same problem was in Project Snowblind

My sound card is Creative Sound Blaster Live! 24Bit with latest official drivers

Here video of my problem http://vorob.nm.ru/tombsoundissue.avi

kylestater
22nd Apr 2006, 09:44
Yes it appears I have that issue as well. Please if someone finds a fix email me at kylestater@hotmail.com.

Jemmsaturn
3rd May 2006, 01:08
I have the same problem. Lots of crackling in the sound. I have a Soundblaster Live! Value audio card. Plus, whenever Lara comes to a "checkpoint" in the game, the graphics slow waaaay down. Is anyone having that additional problem? I have tried lowering sound acceleration and increasing virtual memory, but to no avail. If someone finds an answer, please email: potterfam@att.net. Thanks!

weirdo
11th Jul 2007, 10:26
SoundBlaster Audigy LS, SE, Value and Live! 24-Bit 1.04.0077 Drivers (07/09/2007).

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

Have you tried TRL with these drivers ?
I have SB LIVE! 24-bit, and yes i have the same exact problems as you guys with both Tomb Raider Legend AND Tomb Raider Anniversary. At the moment i am using my crappy motherboard's onboard audio so i can play these games. I have completely uninstalled the SB LIVe 24-Bit. I uninstalled it before these new drivers for the audio card was released, so i don't know if they MIGHT fix the issue. If you try these new drivers (1.04.0077) pls let me know if the issue still exists.

I was using the drivers dated 1. August 2005. And yes i have the TRL patch 1.2 installed, did not fix the sound issue. Yes, i did go to control panel and disable hardware acceleration, did not fix the issue.

aulden3
15th Jul 2007, 21:41
Having same issues with Audigy SE and TRL and TRA.....issues still exists with new drivers (1.04.0077)...will let everyone know if I can figure anything out.

aulden3
16th Jul 2007, 01:29
Fixed the issues I was having by rolling back the driver to the one dated 20 Apr 06 (01.04.0061)...hope this helps some of you...completely uninstalled all creative software and reinstalled with the older driver.