PDA

View Full Version : TRL, the best new start for Lara going into New gen era

munchkin
10th Apr 2006, 16:39
Hi,

okay we've had alot of how terrible it is threads, by laot of the same members, so here is a how amazing did you find TRL to be thread?

I love it, completly, its a tad short, or it can be, i suppose, but as long as it has replay, and depth value then thats not an issue for me, overall, i giove it 9 +1/2 out of 10, and anticipate the sequel already :)

The plot is simply fantastic. Laras mother, getting transported to Avalon, it all being that cow amandas, fault. the new quest to save l;ord henigshly's reputation as a Archeologist. its amazing. how dark Lara keep popping out, reminisant, of Xena, how that darknes is lurking just out of sight, ready to pop out anmy time.

the controls, for PS2 are a dream, so intuative, easy, just fabulous.

if i have a complaint, then its just that we don;t need, promting, in controls, everytime we need to grapple, jump, etc (unless its a QTE sequence which is different) but really thats such an insignificant niggle, its hardley worth mentioning.

dream to play just the right blance of combat, exploring and puzzles.

similar in that respect to TR1 and TR2. simply put, for me, not counting TR1 which is in a classs of its own, TRL is the best TR for a long long time.

with the mansion its own proper level, and so on, t really adds, deoth to the gameplay. wioth the unlockable features, timebattles if you wish to do them, secrets to find, varying levels of difficulty, this gives this game a long long lifespan, for the Tomb Raider fan.

:p in my opinion. :)

beccaxx

Vicky
10th Apr 2006, 17:03
Hello. It's been a while since I was last on here, nice to see it's still going strong.

I've bought TRL and only played it for about 2 hours. I'm very lucky, I rarely get time to play on the PS2, perhaps only about twice a week. Therefore it means that games take me months rather than hours and I always get good value for money.

I've read, on here, countless reports that the game is so short so that isn't going to be a problem for me.

Whenever I play my PS2, I only play for about two hours max, with breaks, because I had RSI when I played SSX Tricky one whole evening so I don't take the risk anymore.:eek:

So, the game. Well it looks lovely, Lara moves very well and so far I've enjoyed it. To date the only complaint I have is the camera angles but I find this alot with other games also.

Anyway, hope you are all enjoying the game, I shall be asking for help for a few months to come! ;)

Acceber
10th Apr 2006, 20:02
I am also loving this game. :) I love the moves, the adventure, the locations, Lara, the mansion, the interactivity, the puzzles, the environments... absolutely everything (except the prompts but I am kind of used to them now...). :thumbsup: I think the game is just wonderful and could happily go on about it all day. :D

munchkin
10th Apr 2006, 21:56
I am also loving this game. :) I love the moves, the adventure, the locations, Lara, the mansion, the interactivity, the puzzles, the environments... absolutely everything (except the prompts but I am kind of used to them now...). :thumbsup: I think the game is just wonderful and could happily go on about it all day. :D

i agree totally :) am thoughrly exploring the mansion right now, and my gosh is it fun :) i just lov eit, best game i've played in along long time. since doom3 and farenhiet in fact :)

beccaxx

susan
10th Apr 2006, 22:19
and farenhiet in fact :)

beccaxxYes that was a fun game till right near the end...all those button combinations, so many so quick, omg, lol, I kept seeing them in my head when I went to sleep that night. Don't think I'll be doing it again soonish. :D

munchkin
10th Apr 2006, 22:28
Yes that was a fun game till right near the end...all those button combinations, so many so quick, omg, lol, I kept seeing them in my head when I went to sleep that night. Don't think I'll be doing it again soonish. :D

true, although as a fan of the shenmue series for Dreamcast, i am very used to horribley complex QTE's :) brilliant game, farenheit :)

doom3 also much fun. :)

TRL, beats them all :)

beccaxx