PDA

View Full Version : The Original Makers of TR

carlitoo
10th Apr 2006, 13:17
Is there any way Tomb Raider can be given back to the people who made the game in the first place? It seems to me that since TR2, the game has got worse each time with the pathetic AOD the final straw for me. I've not bought the most recent one, was about to go and think about it today but reading on here, it's yet another failure. Give the game back guys!

dhama
10th Apr 2006, 13:20
Well I think CD have done a fine job, and I have nothing to gain by saying that. Core design, although excellent at the begining, failed to take the opportunity to outdo themselves.... which CD have done for them. AOD was a prime example that Core Design were out of their depth.

carlo
10th Apr 2006, 13:35
Well I think CD have done a fine job, and I have nothing to gain by saying that. Core design, although excellent at the begining, failed to take the opportunity to outdo themselves.... which CD have done for them. AOD was a prime example that Core Design were out of their depth.

:thumbsup: spot on

GoranAgar
10th Apr 2006, 13:56
In order to get all the original makers you need to include Circle Studios. ;)

Lara Croft Wanna Be
10th Apr 2006, 17:32
Do Not Dare Give It To Core With Their Square Models Do Not Forget Lara's Triangle Breasts

midroth
10th Apr 2006, 17:44
In order to get all the original makers you need to include Circle Studios. ;)You are joking, eh?

mrcube
10th Apr 2006, 18:50
Do Not Dare Give It To Core With Their Square Models Do Not Forget Lara's Triangle Breasts

That was because of the time it was made, not becuase of the company wanting her to have triangular breasts

You are joking, eh?

No, I think hes perfectly serious, the two people who founded Core and led Core through TR 1-5 (Not Sure about AoD) left and founded Circle Studios, although it doesn't seem to do any games. Or am I mistaken?

carlitoo
10th Apr 2006, 18:51

I'm hoping this is a joke? The original graphics have 10 times the charm of the new ones.

storm shadow
10th Apr 2006, 18:58
Any way I think CD reanimated Tomb Raider de series. Core Design could have done it also if they have been given a chance and with the help of Toby ofcorso but CD brought back a little of the sparkle it had when you played Tomb Raider 1.

I can't be precise to what made Tomb Raider 1 the best but it freaked me out every time something popped up man... Like the wolves in the first level geeez...

Straw Dog
10th Apr 2006, 19:02
Is there any way Tomb Raider can be given back to the people who made the game in the first place? It seems to me that since TR2, the game has got worse each time with the pathetic AOD the final straw for me. I've not bought the most recent one, was about to go and think about it today but reading on here, it's yet another failure. Give the game back guys!

Now, either I've missed a few years or your post is just wierd. The people who made it in the first place were Core design, these same people made TR2, they also made TR3 and I believe they made TR4. Moving onto TR Chronicles, they made that too, and then came AOD which was made by... the same people. So you're saying the standard dropped after TR2 so you want the game to be given back to the people who were responsible for that drop in standard?

Thats not gonna get you the game you want dude, thats gonna get you a really really bad TR game because the people who made the ones you hated had lost their momentum with it and couldn't continue making them to the standard of the first two games.

Of course the one exception to this is Toby Gard, who left Core after TR1. He indeed could be classed as an original maker of TR to give the game back to.

Now, here is an interesting paradox, because if I have been paying attention, thats exactly what happened with TRL, a game you've already written off without playing it. Thats your loss dude.

I'm off now to scratch my head some more.

Psychopompador
10th Apr 2006, 19:04
this makes no sense on a couple levels. 1st- you admit to the game getting steadily worse with each game yet you want the game given back to the original company, Core.

and then you are not wanting to buy the game because you read a few remarks about how it isnt good. Did you happen to read all the good comments too? Why would you not decide to buy it based on the overwhelmingly larger number of people who LOVE the new game.

quick note- most of the complaints I've read are striclty based on the length of the game- not the quality of it. That type of a complaint can be looked at as a compliment that the game was so good that people were dissapointed that it ended so soon for them.

mrcube
10th Apr 2006, 19:05
I can't be precise to what made Tomb Raider 1 the best but it freaked me out every time something popped up man... Like the wolves in the first level geeez...

You're right there

Straw Dog
10th Apr 2006, 19:06
this makes no sense on a couple levels. 1st- you admit to the game getting steadily worse with each game yet you want the game given back to the original company, Core.

Dude! snap. But I beat you to it! ;)

carlitoo
10th Apr 2006, 19:07
Ok, thanks for educating me! So the guy who left after the first one, the original brain behind it, he is involved in the new one? Is that what you're saying? If so, that's very interesting to know!

mrcube
10th Apr 2006, 19:10
and then you are not wanting to buy the game because you read a few remarks about how it isnt good. Did you happen to read all the good comments too? Why would you not decide to buy it based on the overwhelmingly larger number of people who LOVE the new game.

I think he means the people that made the game, not the company. AKA Toby Gard and anyone else who worked on the first one, then left

Straw Dog
10th Apr 2006, 19:12
he is involved in the new one? Is that what you're saying? If so, that's very interesting to know!

Whoa, thats scary dude. You sound like you wanna hunt him down and like,.. burn his house down or something. You don't work for the mafia do you?

I wouldn't like to be Toby Gard right now.

Psychopompador
10th Apr 2006, 19:14
Ok, thanks for educating me! So the guy who left after the first one, the original brain behind it, he is involved in the new one? Is that what you're saying? If so, that's very interesting to know!

thats right- the original head designer of TR1 is one of the lead designers for TRL.

Seriously, I would do a pencil tic with every bad review you read on one side, and every good one on the other and then base your buying the game or not on the side with the most tic's. I'm sure you'll be getitng the game. Better yet! rent the game or snag a demo and decide for yourself...

Storm Dog- I must have been typing to slow- great minds think alike!

Straw Dog
10th Apr 2006, 19:16
Storm Dog- I must have been typing to slow- great minds think alike!

Straw Dog, and I doubt you were typing too slow.. I can type about 90 words a minute, I'm quite embarrased to admit :o

Psychopompador
10th Apr 2006, 19:26
Straw Dog, and I doubt you were typing too slow.. I can type about 90 words a minute, I'm quite embarrased to admit :o

hehe- well appearantly my memory and/or spelling ability is a bit slower on the uptake too :rolleyes:

Lara Croft Wanna Be
11th Apr 2006, 21:05
Cd And Core Should Join, But Cd Should Definetly Get To Design Lara