PDA

View Full Version : Bikini Costume!!!

Richard_Croft
10th Apr 2006, 13:13
I have seen screenie's of this and heard alot about the two, yes not one but TWO Bikini costumes which you can unlock for Lara in TRL! I am just wondering if anyone actually knows HOW to unlock these costumes? Do I need to complete the time trial in the last stage Bolivia Redux? If any of you know how to unlock any of these two costumes please tell me!:)

dhama
10th Apr 2006, 13:15
I'm sorry to say this, but why? :confused:

David 070
10th Apr 2006, 13:15
'drooooll!!':D

Richard_Croft
10th Apr 2006, 13:22
Well, firstly I am trying to unlock all of her costumes and these are the ones I'm trying to obtain the most because I do find Lara Croft extremely attractive and yes you can call me sad and all but if she was real are you really telling me you wouldn't find her attractive? Unless you are a girl of course.... But yes I am 'weird' if you decide to call me that and I am not bothered what people say, I do find her attractive for a gaming character.

So anywayz anyone know how to unlock these Bikini costumes?

FrozenFire
10th Apr 2006, 13:26
All you have to do is find all secrets, especially the golden ones and beat the whole game in time trial mode.
That will get you the outfits sooner or later.

dhama
10th Apr 2006, 13:26
... if she was real....

Seems like you answered my question. :D :p

Richard_Croft
10th Apr 2006, 13:32
dhama please don't post off-topic! I'm looking for help not your critisicm! Also you can also say I have a better imagination than you. Surely the creators of TR intended for Lara to have a good sexual appearance for a reason you know.;) :p

Also if I do that then I will unlock everything. Are these two costumes the LAST things to unlock so no matter what I do these will always be the last things I unlock? I am trying to unlock them asap and I'm hoping I dont have to do the dam time trial for London! That dam sea snake is sooooo annoying to fight! Lara keeps starting to throw the grapple but then cancels again! Anyone know EXACTLY how to unlock these two costumes?:confused:

dhama
10th Apr 2006, 13:38
dhama please don't post off-topic! I'm looking for help not your critisicm! Also you can also say I have a better imagination than you. Surely the creators of TR intended for Lara to have a good sexual appearance for a reason you know.;) :p

Also if I do that then I will unlock everything. Are these two costumes the LAST things to unlock so no matter what I do these will always be the last things I unlock? I am trying to unlock them asap and I'm hoping I dont have to do the dam time trial for London! That dam sea snake is sooooo annoying to fight! Lara keeps starting to throw the grapple but then cancels again! Anyone know EXACTLY how to unlock these two costumes?:confused:

Hey, I was simply curious as to why, and you followed up a reply asking me a question, so it's not me being off topic. :rolleyes:

-Dizzy-
10th Apr 2006, 13:41
I do have one, though I'm not 100% sure how I got it.

I think it was by completing the Kazakhstan time trial.

Richard_Croft
10th Apr 2006, 13:43
I have completed the Kazakhstan Time trial but still don't have it yet.:confused:

Have you completed the Bolivia Redux time trial? And what percentage are you on because it might be the percentage which matters. I'm on 98% complete. Also it it true you can only use the Bikini costumes in Lara's mansion and it isn't available for the actual levels in the game, because that is what I heard?

Crimson Jupiter
10th Apr 2006, 22:22
...if she was real are you really telling me you wouldn't find her attractive? Unless you are a girl of course....

What makes you think girls won't find her attractive ? A friend of mine just told me she looks sexy when i showed her the game and she's not gay (as far as i know) :)

Silver_Rain
10th Apr 2006, 22:45
I too think she's attractive(well, as attractive as a digital character can be) and Angelina Jolie too.......I'm still a female and I'm not gay either;) Although I can't see myself go through lots of trouble to see her in a swimsuit...for things like that I couldn't care less:p It's her attitude I like, not her polygons;)

mrcube
11th Apr 2006, 00:03
Here we are people, this a picture of all 33 of Laras TR:L outfits and there a 2 bikinis.

And They Look GOOD! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/Denshuu/1143774925540.jpg)

I'm really not wierd!

laraflames
11th Apr 2006, 00:04
Sweet!!:d

Silva
11th Apr 2006, 00:06
Anyone got a SAVE game with all the OUTFITS unlocked???

thanks!

laraflames
11th Apr 2006, 00:07

thanks!
yea i liked to see that to:)

mrcube
11th Apr 2006, 00:18

thanks!

GOD YEAH! Anyone who has one post it here so we can check it out.

R1c4n
11th Apr 2006, 01:11
Saved game below

http://rapidshare.de/files/17279736/trl_fullunlock.rar.html

Crimson Jupiter
11th Apr 2006, 08:11
Saved game below

http://rapidshare.de/files/17279736/trl_fullunlock.rar.html

Too bad i play on Xbox 360 :(

Arwen31
11th Apr 2006, 08:54
I was very disappointed that there are some outfits that can only be unlocked by completing time trials of each level (and the bikinis by completing all levels on time trials). Some of us are just not fast players no matter how many times we play.

Unless someone discovers a cheat that unlocks them???????? That would be cool.

-Dizzy-
11th Apr 2006, 09:34
Here we are people, this a picture of all 33 of Laras TR:L outfits and there a 2 bikinis.

And They Look GOOD! (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v174/Denshuu/1143774925540.jpg)

I'm really not wierd!
Thanks for posting that. I only need 4 more :)

FrozenFire
11th Apr 2006, 10:20
The idea of such unlockable goodies is that you try again and again real hard until you earned them. And if you haven't played it so much that you beat the time trials, you don't deserve to see Lara in a bikini ;) It's kinda like that...

Take Silent Hill 4 for example - you had to beat it 3 or 4 times to unlock a single outfit for your female companion ^_^

Richard_Croft
11th Apr 2006, 11:03
After playing constantly all day today I have got 100% and unlocked EVERYTHIN! MUHAHAHAHAA! I have the game on the PS2 though so can't show you a saved game or anything. Also, the 2 Bikini's I unlocked can only be used in Lara's mansion which is a shame.... I wonder why they decided to do that?:rolleyes:

You don't unlock them after all the time trials. Costumes are unlocked based on percentage completed I believe. A friend completed a time trial for London and received a completely different costume to the one I got after I completed the time trial for London. Things unlock based on how many rewards you have unlocked. The black Bikini is the LAST thing which is unlocked always. I got it from getting my final Bronze Reward I missed out in London. The white one I received a bit earlier though. So remember, EVERY REWARD is JUST as important as each other if you want to unlock everything!

My favourite costumes for ultimate 'koolness' though, have to be the two goth costumes which remind me a bit of 'The Underworld' or 'Vampire The Masquerade' games. They are very kool though and Lara looks totally different! With black hair and bright blue eyes with tattoos on the back of her neck and extremely pale skin....VERY KOOL indeed!;)

Also I discovered that there are only 32 costumes available, NOT 33. The black party dress which isn't ripped cannot be unlocked. This maybe because Lara cannot run or jump in it.;)

FrozenFire
11th Apr 2006, 11:06
Don't like the goths that much. My favorite outfits are the red dress, the snow catsuit thing from the movie and surprisingly - her sports outfit. ;)

malaikat
13th Apr 2006, 22:07
I have seen screenie's of this and heard alot about the two, yes not one but TWO Bikini costumes which you can unlock for Lara in TRL! I am just wondering if anyone actually knows HOW to unlock these costumes? Do I need to complete the time trial in the last stage Bolivia Redux? If any of you know how to unlock any of these two costumes please tell me!:)

I got the bikinis, you need to complete all the levels, get all the gold/silver/bronze secrets including the ones in the mansion and also complete all the time trials... basically complete every aspect of the game

Nefarian
13th Apr 2006, 23:18
Guyz, I herad the rumour that it's suppose one outfit is LAra in 'Raziel Clan logo coat', something like this logo:

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/az/razielim.php?sec=2&type=4

However, according the pics above, that's no way to found that outfit !!! Is someone get that already? Or this outfit only available for xBox 360 !??!?

Marque
14th Apr 2006, 00:00
How do I get the crate up onto the platform? I've pushed pulled dragged shot at it and kicked it! Can someone give me a clue because I'm stuck here.
Thank you,
Marque

baylisst
14th Apr 2006, 07:12
to get the white one you complete all the time trials, to get the black one you need to get everything

ps marque, what are you talking about?

oxygenuk
14th Apr 2006, 13:37
yummy lol

Richard_Croft
14th Apr 2006, 15:38
yeh tht sounds about right....shame they cant be used in the story levels though... :(

Would have been funny seein Lara mouth off Rutland or Takimoto in a bikini! :D

mackenzie
14th Apr 2006, 20:16
I do have one, though I'm not 100% sure how I got it.

I think it was by completing the Kazakhstan time trial.

Hi im mackenzie and i just know how to get the bikinas costumes you must complete all game and complete all time trials;)

mackenzie
14th Apr 2006, 20:19
What makes you think girls won't find her attractive ? A friend of mine just told me she looks sexy when i showed her the game and she's not gay (as far as i know) :)
right if you are looking for the costum i am going to let you know when you get my post and tell me how to get the hello boys outfit for japan.

mackenzie
14th Apr 2006, 20:21
Well, firstly I am trying to unlock all of her costumes and these are the ones I'm trying to obtain the most because I do find Lara Croft extremely attractive and yes you can call me sad and all but if she was real are you really telling me you wouldn't find her attractive? Unless you are a girl of course.... But yes I am 'weird' if you decide to call me that and I am not bothered what people say, I do find her attractive for a gaming character.

So anywayz anyone know how to unlock these Bikini costumes?
yes i do know how and i am mackenzie and you must complete all of the game and complete all of time trials on all of the levels

Scott =]!
14th Apr 2006, 20:25
will someone please tell me how to do a time trail i completed Nepal in 9minutes and 12seconds and still nothing do you have to select time trail somehow?

baylisst
15th Apr 2006, 09:56
in the main menu go to load /save game, replay level and then set the difficulty to time trial. if it worked there will be a little clock counting down in the corner when you start ;)

sharpcams
15th Apr 2006, 10:26
You have to finish the adventure on any difficulty to get the white bikini and do the last boss on time trial to get the even cooler black bikini.the bikinis' are cool,however you can only wear them in Croft Mansion.

NightmareSiegfried
16th Apr 2006, 01:22
ive completed the game on hard and am now in the process of getting all of the medals,and the time trials, im at 97% or 98% still no bikini,hope i get one soon:confused:

Allek
16th Apr 2006, 01:42
... I'm trying to obtain the most because I do find Lara Croft extremely attractive and yes you can call me...

I'll just call you friend. You're not alone friend. I've been attracted to Lara since day one. ;)

I guess it will be a long time before I unlock those outfits, because I suck at Time Trial. :(

Richard_Croft
16th Apr 2006, 01:54
The way I completed time trials.... try this:

I played the level through a few times on medium difficulty without time trial and after a while I could do the jumps and do every move I made to a rythme. I kinda knew when to jump, how to jump and what to do straight afterwards and learnt the fastest routes to places. Don't feel it is a time trial while u are doing it....think of it as you are playing the level again but trying to perfect your every move to make Lara seem as professional and as movie like as you can.:)

This is how I managed to finish all my time trials. I'm on 100% now friend.;)

NightmareSiegfried
16th Apr 2006, 09:28
easiest way to beat time trials, do the bolivia redux time trial, it will unlock the cheat "1 hit kills" makes the battles a lot faster giving you more time to finnish the level and puzzles. yay i got the bikinis!!
the bikinis didnt unlock until i got all medals and completed all time trials

Richard_Croft
16th Apr 2006, 12:33
Also for time trials, at times where there were huge gun shoot outs (Peru before bike for example) I just dive through all the people without bothering to kill them! This saved me alot of precious time and I even died a few times rushing on Peru, but because I didn't do any of the massive gun shoot outs I had way more time than I needed. Also tht 1 shot kill cheat does help a hellof alot if u wanna bust sum heads on the way 2 instead of doin it the cowardly way like me! :D

MisterE27
16th Apr 2006, 13:40
Hi

Sorry to go a bit off-thread- but i'm trying to 100% the game i cant seem to get the hanging moveable platform to move all the way across to allow access to the gold award in Khazakstan, ive read the guides and seen the screenshots, im sure i understand what to so. I can climb the ledge and all that but the platfrom isnt in the right place. I cant seem to get the platfrom to move that extra bit where the railing changes height- it just slides back, ive been firing the tesla at it repeatedley but cant seem to get it all the way across?

Any body had the same problem? any ideas or solutions?

Or am i just having a blonde moment or sumthin?

Many thanks
G

NightmareSiegfried
16th Apr 2006, 20:02
the platform took me a little while too,you have to move it to the left,then pull it or swing it to the right really fast and start blasting it towards the end of the track while it still has some momentum to get it up that little incline on the track,hope this helps

Richard_Croft
16th Apr 2006, 23:43
Man! That platform was such a bummer! It took me a while too! I found that the swinging motion of the actual platform makes alot of difference to where to whole thing moves as well. You will need to try and keep it as still as possible, move it all the way to the right and keep blasting the big bit at the bottom of the platform so it swings and drags the thing further to the right. Also while it is swinging you need to continuously blast the top of it at the little moving wheel to push it even further! It is very annoying but CAN be done. Just keep at it and it should fall into place soon! Good luck!;)