PDA

View Full Version : Will there be tools for Legend editing?

RobertLettan
9th Apr 2006, 17:47
Given the nature of the quite short yet compelling storyline to Legend, I'm in the mood to do something with the engine myself.
Thing is there aren't really any tools to make additional levels / stories, etc..

I'm wondering if there will be any official exporters and/or tools for popular 3D programs (like Gmax / Softimage|EXP / Maya PLE) that will allow us to create our own levels like we can with current Tomb Raider games.

I think if there was this would instantly increase the shelf-life of the game itself. Might check the DVD properly later to see if there's any information on there or if the formats are simple enough. Still some official tools would go a long way to help the community of seasoned raiders keep interest.

As it stands, I personally don't get much time to play games... about 2hrs every few days. So to have completed Legend to 89% within 8hours and within a week after purchase is something very unusual to me. The levels were pretty awesome, but look forward to seeing the ability to extend with my own stories. :)

Kiopo
13th Apr 2006, 02:41
yeah, it was very short but pretty cool - hope the editing tools are released, wouldn't mind messing about with 'em again :)

hey to anyone who was around in... 2001! btw :D

aktrekker
13th Apr 2006, 08:03
Wow! Has it really been that long?

dhama
13th Apr 2006, 08:46
hello Kiopo, nice to see you back again.

RobertLettan, Look here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=58005

Driber
13th Apr 2006, 09:19
all we can do is keep our fingers crossed at the next TR release :)

but for now, with all the new possibilities in the LE, we'll see a whole bunch of new innovative levels coming soon.....I'm sure of it!

*waves to Kiopo*

Kiopo
13th Apr 2006, 17:14
all we can do is keep our fingers crossed at the next TR release :)

but for now, with all the new possibilities in the LE, we'll see a whole bunch of new innovative levels coming soon.....I'm sure of it!

*waves to Kiopo*

It's amazing you guys are still doing this, i gave up as soon as the editor messed up when i got a new pc!

If any of you are working on levels / projects that need some original music just give me an email and i'd be happy to help :) , kiopo@kiopo.com

Driber
18th Apr 2006, 11:33
what kind of music are you able to create?
and do you have any examples of your work?

Kiopo
18th Apr 2006, 15:02
I'm only just starting to have a go at film / game music (working on a short film score at the minute), but i have lots of examples of past compositions / arrangements i've worked on which i can upload somewhere, and any style is good as long as its explained well!

I'll send you a few links driber (some of the material is now copyright so i'm not meant to just post it for everyone)