PDA

View Full Version : Really scared now... is it THAT short???

Xxx_Lara_xxX
9th Apr 2006, 03:45
As awful as AOD was, is it worth buying Legend if longtime TR fans are finishing it in less than a day?? :( :confused:

Obviously this comes down to quality versus quantity -- a short beautiful, bugless game or long tedious boring, nonsensical and not interesting game...

Still, we have waited SO LONG! :o Non-TR fans or those who gave up after the first sequels might find this new game a real challenge. But for longtime TR fans such as myself, is it too easy?? Too short?? Or are you skipping over the secrets and exploring the levels just to finish it and then complain? ;)

The Leg. of Kain games were VERY LONG... with very intricate plots and deception and plot twists and time travel and, well, just VERY long. I never even finished one of them, although it was a good game, I left out of town before I could reach the end, and I would play it for hours.
Hard to believe the same developers would make a short and easy game :eek:

lllll
9th Apr 2006, 04:19
Rent it for a week :thumbsup:

You will play it inside out within days and never touch it again, unless you want to look at nice graphics when bored.
I have said this before, the first 4 TRs to me were a combination of quality AND quantity, so you can have both too.

The game isn't bad or something, some parts in Ghana and Nepal are awesome actually, but it has bugs, is too easy, too short, too limited in exploring (virtually no exploring, just running to the place the game dictates you to), i.e. not worth the money to buy.

But some others are saying it is the best TR ever.....omgz!!!!11 :D

WaLLy3K
9th Apr 2006, 05:01
The game isn't bad or something, some parts in Ghana and Nepal are awesome actually, but it has bugs, is too easy, too short, too limited in exploring (virtually no exploring, just running to the place the game dictates you to), i.e. not worth the money to buy.
This is called a 'Linear Game'.
The only non linear game that I can recall from memory was Farcry, where you had HUGE islands to explore!

As for the topic, you would be better renting it if you didn't have the spare cash to purchase it.

Legendary Lara Croft
9th Apr 2006, 05:07
it also depends on how serious you are about it and how much you are into tomb raider in general. if it's just another game in your list, like you play it and move on, than I would also recommend renting.

Mangar The Dark
9th Apr 2006, 13:48
Which takes longer to fully explore-- Legend or The Lost Artifact? I'm curious because even though The Lost Artifact has only a small handful of levels, there's PLENTY to find (I still haven't found all the secret areas, and I know some of them are quite large.)

Cat Valentine
9th Apr 2006, 13:55
Well if ur majorly into TR and Lara...buy it as U will want to own it anyway ;)

Maybe wait for it to come down in price first tho, i bought it for the X-Box 360 on Friday for £50 and thats pretty expensive for such a short game really, I saw on the net u can get it the PC Version for £17.99 which is obviously a much better price. 360 prices need to come down. Anyway the point is its a great game, but its probably not gonna keep u occupied for long if u are a big TR fan :(

melviso
9th Apr 2006, 13:59
WHATTTT!!!!!!Its short?..finish in a day?No...I don't belive that,and they made us wait this long for it.Very unhappy to hear that,maybe the puzzles were simple,I guess.Lets just hope the next TOMBRAIDER is balanced in QUANTITY and QUALITY and GOD OF WAR 2 will be out, even the first sequel was long, very long...God of War 1, I mean.Humph!!!!:o I feel bad right now after been away from the forums for a while I was hoping to hear something awesome.Nevertheless...I am getting the game,I may have a different perspective from what I have just read.

Cat Valentine
9th Apr 2006, 14:05
WHATTTT!!!!!!Its short?..finish in a day?No...I don't belive that,and they made us wait this long for it.Very unhappy to hear that,maybe the puzzles were simple,I guess.Lets just hope the next TOMBRAIDER is balanced in QUANTITY and QUALITY and GOD OF WAR 2 will be out, even the first sequel was long, very long...God of War 1, I mean.Humph!!!!:o I feel bad right now after been away from the forums for a while I was hoping to hear something awesome.Nevertheless...I am getting the game,I may have a different perspective from what I have just read.

Dont worry, its a great game, looks awesome and the story is really compelling :D it just is short, but if u only played it for an hour a day it would last, I think the main people that feel it was too short are the hardcore gamers that played through it and were drawn along by the story so much that they wanted to get to the next area etc :D It does have a big replay side too, unlocking all the outfits and so on :) so there is stuff to keep u going, just the main story is over quickly i found.

lllll
9th Apr 2006, 14:10
I played it slow, unlocked 97% after the first play and it took me 12 hours. Do not talk about people like us like we rushed it and are game nerds :rolleyes:

Cat Valentine
9th Apr 2006, 14:13
I played it slow, unlocked 97% after the first play and it took me 12 hours. Do not talk about people like us like we rushed it and are game nerds :rolleyes:

I wasnt, I was just trying to be positive ;) I played it through quickly too (not meaning too), tho I think i'm only on 85% or so and actually consider myself a game nerd...well a lara nerd.

melviso
9th Apr 2006, 14:16
YEP!Yep!!!
So if u played the game who is the dangerous person from Lara's past?

Cat Valentine
9th Apr 2006, 14:21
YEP!Yep!!!
So if u played the game who is the dangerous person from Lara's past?

:confused: as to why u r asking

I guess Amanda is who u mean, seeing as she is the main villian and responsible for the disappearance of Lara's mother

melviso
9th Apr 2006, 14:32
:confused: as to why u r asking

I guess Amanda is who u mean, seeing as she is the main villian and responsible for the disappearance of Lara's mother

i THOUGHT there was more to it than that?Well...I guess I will get the game then,:( That means the game is short then why do they have more spaces for characters on the official website?:confused:

catbazza
9th Apr 2006, 15:04
Rent it for a week :thumbsup:

You will play it inside out within days and never touch it again, unless you want to look at nice graphics when bored.
I have said this before, the first 4 TRs to me were a combination of quality AND quantity, so you can have both too.

But some others are saying it is the best TR ever.....omgz!!!!11 :D

It sounds very much to me as though you had the game set on EASY & was working with a walkthrogh.:D

lllll
9th Apr 2006, 15:20
catbazza, I am repeating myself now but it was on the hardest setting, no voices, no use of binoculars, no guides (they were not even available then and I never used one ever for any game).....so I played it in the most difficult way to play the game ;)

Mangar The Dark
9th Apr 2006, 15:24
.......i THOUGHT there was more to it than that?Well...I guess I will get the game then,:( That means the game is short then why do they have more spaces for characters on the official website?:confused:

Arrghhh!!!!!!

Cat Valentine had the courtesy to use spoiler tags, and then you go and write out the name anyway (in CAPS). Thanks a lot :( The game's not even released here yet, and I already know a major plot point.

melviso
9th Apr 2006, 15:32
Sorry,my mistake,Really..there may be more to it