PDA

View Full Version : TL Legend...serious problem

Rizlaboy
9th Apr 2006, 02:19
Hello,
I took delivery of Tomb Raider Legend today and installed it on my PC.
Just as I got to the point on the first level where you get past the first puzzle with the three boxes, the screen suddenly filled up with red vertical pixel lines, the sound became terribly glitchy, then the computer freezed and I had to reboot.
When I tried to start the game again, the lines were starting to appear on the title screen as well. I tried to start the game from the last checkpoint, exactly the same thing happened again!
This time, when I booted my computer, on the first boot screen of the sequence (before windows XP) the screen was corrupted and unreadable. When it got to the Windows XP load screen, I had green horizontal lines running down the screen, then it just bluescreened with a "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" stop: 0x00000050 (0xD0D19E28, 0x00000000, 0x804DA0A2, 0x00000000) error and froze!!
Now I can't even boot my PC. I know that this type of fault is usually an indication of a hardware problem, but up-until today my PC has been rock solid. It's as if the Bios on my graphics card has become corrupted maybe!
My PC is a 3.00Ghz Pentium 4HT, with 2 GB Corsair ram and an Nvidia 6600GT (128mb ram)
This is not normal for my PC. It never misbehaves! All of my drivers are up-to-date and everything is clean and working (or was)
Now, either Tomb Raider legend has melted my computer, or it's just a coincidence that this happened as I was playing it.
What the hell's going on???
Anyone got any Ideas?
P.S I played the demo of the game on my PC no problems....next gen content is off, screen res at 1024x768, everything else apart from v-sync turned on.
Help!!!:(

movieman
9th Apr 2006, 02:26
I suspect it is just a coincidence, but it does sound like dead hardware. Is there another PC you could try the card in?

sup2069
9th Apr 2006, 04:11
what motherboard do you have? My motherboard recently died and the computer would turn on, but no bios. Same problem?

Rizlaboy
9th Apr 2006, 11:56
what motherboard do you have? My motherboard recently died and the computer would turn on, but no bios. Same problem?

The Motherboard is an Intel D875PBZ, 800MHz FSB, 8xAGP. I'm gonna try putting my old graphics card back in, and see if that cures it!

Rizlaboy
9th Apr 2006, 14:04
Yeah, It's the Graphics card thats gone wierd. I tried it in my other PC and exactly the same problem!
I guess it was just a coincidence that this happened when playing Tomb Raider Legend (for everyones sake...I hope so)
Dammit! I guess it's time to buy that 7800GS now!