PDA

View Full Version : Has Tomb Raider been shorted or just modified?

tomb_raider_obssesed
8th Apr 2006, 17:04
If you take a look at the first and the second trailer of Tomb Raider Legend there are some parts different from the real game and some that don't even exists :mad: .,. The bike and the bike scene from Japan were diffrent in that trailers and there are some parts (e.g. when she jumps on a slipping side, from that to another one and then to a higher platform, it looks like Ghana or something but I haven't played it):confused: So with that parts and what was beside them the game should be longer:rolleyes: . I don't know how much but there are for shore more than that parts that are not included ... so what do you say?

Anyway if there aren't going to be lots of updates and new downloadable levels all the great graphics and the exictement of the game will be wasted. It could be the best game ever :) :rolleyes: it just needs some more work. So CD, do something about it! otherwise it will suck :(:(:( =(((

lllll
8th Apr 2006, 17:16
Yes, a lot of stuff we have seen in screenshots and recent trailers even are not in the game. Remember the trailer where Lara was jumping front to back to front to back up some rocks? Or the bike trailer like you said. Also many screenshots showing certain artifacts/statues/rooms are all gone :confused:

This means they changed many things about the game in the last 2 months or those trailers/screenshots were to lure us into buying the game....;)

Notts Raider
8th Apr 2006, 17:18
Perhaps we will get the directors cut later on http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6753/wink29oq.gif

John Carter
8th Apr 2006, 17:25
Have you played through on the different levels with all the secrets and so forth? Could the missing areas be in the game but off the beaten path of the storyline? Just asking, without a copy myself I don't know.

cjworkshop
8th Apr 2006, 17:27
Is there a level editor so we can make our own levels ?

John Carter
8th Apr 2006, 17:30
Is there a level editor so we can make our own levels ?

Not yet.

tomb_raider_obssesed
8th Apr 2006, 17:44
Well I finished it and I didn't just killed what was there and collected the important things. I explored as much as I could, dind't find all the secrets but the areas that don't apear are like main areas not some hidden little passages.

So this is what bothers me. The game is full with short passages that take you exactly to the end of the level. In the other games there were some areas where U had to go back lots of times to complete some quests, it was hard to find out what U had to do to pass some levels and it was harder.

TR Legend is very very easy. I played at the hardest mode and I died just a few times (3 or 4) because of the bullets and of the "bosses". I died more in the interactive cutscense and at the last level. And the "puzzles" if I can call them like that are not even piece of cake. All you have to do is just run forward, shoot some guys, find some secrets, run forward again :p beat some bosses and there is the end of the game. I just feel sory for all the work that was done for the graphics. This is the only thing that is perfect at this game. CD should analyse the other TR's again. It just has to be longer, harder and with more puzzles. :rolleyes:

lllll
8th Apr 2006, 18:31
Have you played through on the different levels with all the secrets and so forth? Could the missing areas be in the game but off the beaten path of the storyline? Just asking, without a copy myself I don't know.

I have played it thoroughly and found all secrets, visited all places, unlocked everything etc, but some things on the screenshots and trailers were not there....I am not saying it is bad, just an observation :)

Core Fan
8th Apr 2006, 19:21
is that even legal I wonder? :rolleyes:

.. Its like buying a can of Coca Cola which is only half filled :thumbsup:
.. or like buying a Porsche with a Citro├źn engine

Joshorty
8th Apr 2006, 19:23
Perhaps we will get the directors cut later on http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/6753/wink29oq.gif

for PS3 would be a nice advantage:D

FrozenFire
8th Apr 2006, 21:42
I also noticed this right after playing through the game and made a thread about it in a different forum, but what you shouldn't forget is that the first trailers and screenshots also show Lara with different equipment, different outfits in different regions and so on...

The scenes you have seen were probably the first ideas the level designers came up with and were later removed because they didn't fit in or caused slowdowns.
It's likely that these rooms weren't even finished.
It's impossible to implement every idea into a final game, else it never would've been finished.

Now you can ask yourself if the game was worth your money or not.
And if you didn't like it, just don't buy the next Tomb Raider game. It's that simple and the only way you can show the developer that you don't accept it.

Complaining and then blindly buying the next game in the series won't help at all.
And I might add, I think the game was worth it. Short but sweet. I would buy Tomb Raider Legend again anytime. :)

Core Fan
8th Apr 2006, 21:49
and what if Tomb raider is the only game you play?

I hate Legend.. Though I will buy the next TR gem... Call me nuts!

movieman
8th Apr 2006, 21:54
It's not exactly unusual for parts of a game to be cut out before release. For example, there was about a half-hour video of FEAR released a year or so before the game came out, and while some elements of that video remained in the release version, most of it either got cut out completely or moved elsewhere in the game.

FrozenFire
8th Apr 2006, 22:02
Yes, it's just like when you look at the director's cut versions of movies. Or the extended versions of Lord of the Rings. Or the left out scenes on so many DVDs.
All media, be it movies, games, music or books, have an insane amount of content that is never released to the public or sometimes later as a bonus.

People are only complaining about it in Tomb Raider Legend, because the game was very short as it is.
But personally I prefer to have a short game with high quality gameplay than a boring game that never ends.