PDA

View Full Version : Lara walk

Fizzy243
8th Apr 2006, 16:41
Daft question I hear you say but I'm going to ask it anyway.
Just how do you make Lara walk in the new Legend game (PC)?

The controls in the 'field notes' booklet only seem to make her run, the only way I can make her go slowly is by using the stealth mode.

Can anyone help me please - I don't want her to run everywhere.

John Carter
8th Apr 2006, 17:16
Evidently you need an analog dual gamepad to make her walk. I can't do it on the demo, either. Goran recommends a wireless Saitek P3000 (think that's it), his makes her walk just fine by lightly pushing on the analog stick. Some others seem to have had success with joysticks and PS2 gamepads configured to work with PCs.

Far as I can tell, there is no way to make her walk with just mouse and keyboard.

lllll
8th Apr 2006, 17:19
Yes, a PS2 style analogue pad does it. I have the Logitech Rumblepad 2, very cool with all games :thumbsup:

Fizzy243
8th Apr 2006, 17:29
Thanks for the help - I will have a look at gamepads.

Faye
8th Apr 2006, 18:23
On the PC, holding down Left Shift and either W, A, S or D makes her sneak. Now, I noticed that you can make her walk by rapidly tapping the Left Shift key whilst holding down either W, A, S or D. However, it's not really worth it, and it's difficult to maintain the pace (she will often slow down to a sneak or speed up to a run). I would definitely recommend buying a gamepad. I dug out my old joystick, but I'm thinking of getting a gamepad anyway. Using just a joystick, you still need the keyboard and mouse, and playing with three controllers at once can be difficult!

Fizzy243
8th Apr 2006, 20:56
I am also finding it difficult to directionalise Lara. Is this easier with a gamepad as well?

mrcube
8th Apr 2006, 21:14
I'm going to email either Eidos or Crystal and ask them to release a patch which fixes this issue and adds a button for 'Walk'

RAZMAT
9th Apr 2006, 06:09
got a nyko gamepad ;walk works very well with the light press of analog stick.

hierogrammate
9th Apr 2006, 06:53
Sorry if I end up soundling clueless about this (and it is also terribly OOT) but, is the Nyko gamepad for the PC or a brand just for consoles?

I ask since I'm trying to find a gamepad for PCs that has the same number (or more) buttons as those used in, say, PS2 and/or X-Box (maybe even the same shape). They usually have *less* buttons, which is puzzling for me. The only one that has came close was the Gravis Eliminator... are there other, newer ones around that mimic the gamepads used on the consoles?

hierogrammate
9th Apr 2006, 06:54
Ouch, I just found a more appropriate thread for me right in front of my nose:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=58001

Sorry for the previous post...

LittleTaffer
9th Apr 2006, 10:41
I'm not trying to complain, but I'd be rather disappointed in CD if they made a game which made PC users need to go out and buy a gamepad in order to have access to all the controls.

jules
9th Apr 2006, 11:45
I'm not trying to complain, but I'd be rather disappointed in CD if they made a game which made PC users need to go out and buy a gamepad in order to have access to all the controls.

I completely agree with you.
I am angry I have had to get a gamepad just to play this game, I have been playing TR right from the first game and now I we have these mad controls on the PC.
I would love to see Eidos bring out a patch so that we can walk properly, they obviously did not consider PC players important enough to get it right first time around:mad:

hierogrammate
9th Apr 2006, 12:29

I asked about a gamepad because one of my nieces plays a lot with consoles, and she asked me if she could play TR (the old games, I mean) with that peripheral (being more used to it and all). I bought a Gravis Eliminator on eBay, but was glad to hear there were other good choices here. I didn't ask because I felt a gamepad would be better, or that it would have "access to all the controls" (??? a 101 keyboard with mouse having less access than a 10 button/1 d-pad/2 analog sticks game pad? Hmm...).

I am primarily a PC gamer, and found the keyboard/mouse controls a breeze to use. If you have played Doom 3, Half-Life 2, City of Heroes, F.E.A.R., etc., you should have no problem getting used to them. At most, you have just to get the hang on how the position of the camera affects your choices.

My 8 years-old niece, the same one who asked for a gamepad, finished the demo herself with the default PC controls yesterday. On her own. That speaks tons about the ease of use of the new game. Contrastingly, she always had a bit of trouble with the old controls (the main reason she asked about the game pad). :)

Legendary Lara Croft
9th Apr 2006, 18:20
Daft question I hear you say but I'm going to ask it anyway.
Just how do you make Lara walk in the new Legend game (PC)?

The controls in the 'field notes' booklet only seem to make her run, the only way I can make her go slowly is by using the stealth mode.

Can anyone help me please - I don't want her to run everywhere.

like i said in another thread, you need to press shift button many times while moving forward, Lara will switch from sneaking to walking

mrcube
10th Apr 2006, 00:18
Sorry if I end up soundling clueless about this (and it is also terribly OOT) but, is the Nyko gamepad for the PC or a brand just for consoles?

I ask since I'm trying to find a gamepad for PCs that has the same number (or more) buttons as those used in, say, PS2 and/or X-Box (maybe even the same shape). They usually have *less* buttons, which is puzzling for me. The only one that has came close was the Gravis Eliminator... are there other, newer ones around that mimic the gamepads used on the consoles?

Why don't you try getting an adapter for A PS2 controller, I've got one and they have them at my local game shop (thats game, www.game.net (http://www.game.net)) You plug the PS2 controller into one end of it and then the other into USB, comes with software and everything, works great (although i don't use it for TR yet)

Rascalius
10th Apr 2006, 00:55
One weird thing I noticed about walking in Legend is that it only works with the left shift button and not the right one. Is this the same for everyone or just my crappy pc?

Jurjen
10th Apr 2006, 08:38
By default it is mapped to Left Shift. If you want you can map it to Right Shift or both.

CatSuit&Ponytail
10th Apr 2006, 10:05
Far as I can tell, there is no way to make her walk with just mouse and keyboard.

Hopefully they'll make a small patch to address this problem. :D

*** A toggle walk button is not so much to ask for, after all. ;) ***

:)

like i said in another thread, you need to press shift button many times while moving forward, Lara will switch from sneaking to walking
Ahhhh, I'll have to try that. :D :thumbsup:

:D