PDA

View Full Version : Emulation Software error

purepest
8th Apr 2006, 16:24
Hi

I have just installed TR Legends on my machine and when I try to run it I get and error saying

Conflict with Emulation Software detected.
Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=emu&c=%CODE% for further, more detailed information.

When I goto the link it doesnt work.

I tried to search the forums but found nothing. Can anyone help?

ta

forgot to mention: It is an original

Mike_B
8th Apr 2006, 16:38
It probably means that the copy protection has found some emulation software on your pc. Things like daemon tools, antiblah and whatnot. Or maybe it just detected something like Nero.

If you don't you might want to right click the Legend icon and select launch analysis and mail that file to support@securom.com

This has been suggested by jaycw2309 for other games so I assume it will work here too.

Trinity34
8th Apr 2006, 16:44
So there is copy protection software on the game disk? Could this be causing many of the problems that other members have been having? I am not that familiar with protection software.

purepest
8th Apr 2006, 16:48
dyou think alcohol120% might do it then?

R1c4n
8th Apr 2006, 17:06
Definitely...that or you have an pirated game :P...um seriously though, make sure you have alcohol off....i'd go as far as to uninstall it, just to see if it runs.

movieman
8th Apr 2006, 18:14
Don't think the game is complaining about Daemon Tools as I have it installed on my PC and Legend runs.

purepest
9th Apr 2006, 11:06
Just a quick note to let you know

I have uninstalled alcohol 120% and TRL is working fine now

tombje
9th Apr 2006, 15:22
Hi,

What is alcohol120%???? How can I uninstall this programm on the disk??

And when I try to start the game, it gives the following faillure notice:
This is faillure message I get:

9-4-2006 15:58 Application Error Vastgelopen toepassing: trl.exe, versie: 1.0.0.0, vastgelopen module: unknown, versie: 0.0.0.0, vastgelopen op: 0x00000000.

"A buffer overrun has been detected wich has corrupted the program's..The program cannot safely continue exucution ans must now be determinated..buffer overrun detected!..A succurity error of unknow cause has been detected wich has corrupted the programms internal state. The programm cannot safely continue and must be determined now..unknown security faillure..Internal error occured success API command is invalid out of memory.. a buffer is too small..a buffer is too large unlock code has invalid for mat. unlcokcode is expired...timestamp expired acivation failed. A SSL error occured..connechtion error occured..unlock convert code errod during HTTP request..unliockcode is blaklisted..unlcokcode is empty.."

Who does know what I can do to make the game run on my pc??????

Thanks!!

ikke2004
10th Apr 2006, 06:27
Definitely...that or you have an pirated game :P...um seriously though, make sure you have alcohol off....i'd go as far as to uninstall it, just to see if it runs.

It's pretty sad really you need to uninstall another program to make a game running. I mean, you buy a program like Alochol, Clonecd, ... and then you have to uninstall it every time you want to play a game.

GoranAgar
10th Apr 2006, 07:49
It's pretty sad really you need to uninstall another program to make a game running.
It is very sad indeed. And you know exactly why those programs are so popular and why console games are sold a lot more than PC games, don't you?

ikke2004
10th Apr 2006, 07:56
It is very sad indeed. And you know exactly why those programs are so popular and why console games are sold a lot more than PC games, don't you?

Sure, but again it's the people that want to buy their programs/games that get punished.

BTW, blocking these programs doesn't help, the real problem is attitude. Lots of people don't get copying games is the same as stealing out of a shop. THAT's the problem, solve that, you solve the copy-problem.

GoranAgar
10th Apr 2006, 07:58
Sure, but again it's the people that want to buy their programs/games that get punished.

BTW, blocking these programs doesn't help, the real problem is attitude. Lots of people don't get copying games is the same as stealing out of a shop. THAT's the problem, solve that, you solve the copy-problem.
I know. I do not like it either. But that is a problem not game companies can solve. This is our and our government's job. :)

Well, maybe in the next world. ;)

hotrippr
14th Apr 2006, 01:12
Alcohol is blacklisted as you know you must uninstall it to play, this is hardly any work at all now that the latest version of alcohol does not require any knind of reboot, I have the registered version of alcohol and it is very simple to take off and put back. The main reason for this software is to use virtual drives and save your disc, it is too bad that people use it for the wrong reasons.