What do you think about "Legend"?

What was good?

What is your opinion?
What could be better?
What is/was not good?

Tell us!

dhama
8th Apr 2006, 09:22
I think i'm gonna wait till I get the game. ;)

But what i've seen so far in the demo, even with all the little bugs, I like it very much. :)

lllll
8th Apr 2006, 09:57
Said it a few times now, it is an awesome game, really amazing.....but way too short and way too easy.

So it should have been longer (like 5 times at least), more challenging (we are not kids), bigger areas/rooms like in the first TRs to EXPLORE not just run through it because there is nothing to explore/climb/jump/etc, less human enemies/shooting like Schwarzenegger, no Zip and co, no continuous music, but only on certain occasions and add surroundings to explore for the manor (huge disappointment there). It is also very limited, you can't walk/jump through certain "invisible walls" while clearly you can, but the game throws you back or kills you.....:rolleyes:

It could have been the best TR.......

CatSuit&Ponytail
8th Apr 2006, 10:46
I've played all the previous games, and I think the funnest to actually play were the first three.

Too much has been automated. And I miss her "Ah HA!" when she finds something, and I miss finding it myself, without the constant console prompts and longing glances she throws. I miss the atmospheric invisible music, and the difficulty, and the actual free look camera. I don't like fighting with the camera because the direction is now relative to it.

Legend is not Tomb Raider in the classic sense, it is more like "The Continuing Adventures of Lara Croft." Which is also good. :cool:

That said, I am loving Legend. I love the outfits, I love Lara, I love the pretty locations and story. I love Zip and the funny babbling, I love the way she moves, and love to pan around her with the camera.

To have all my wishes fulfilled is too much to ask, I know, ;)

But I am ever thankful to Eidos and Crystal Dynamics for this game and the CATSUIT that can be unlocked. http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/bounce.gif

wgell
8th Apr 2006, 10:56
This game is the epitome of how TR has digressed. It isn't about Tomb Raiding. It's about Lara Croft. I shook my head and just laughed when the Japan levels started. About as far removed from TR as you can get.The character is there but the game isn't.

Where was all the exploration we were promised? Do we have to still have stupid end of level bosses in 2006? How about some imagination Crystal D? What the bejeeziz were those interactive cut scenes about and those bike levels were laughable.

Dear me. 5/10

MercuryRapids
8th Apr 2006, 12:48
I think it's the best of the series since TR2, but in my opinion, the combat system lets it down a bit.

FrozenFire
10th Apr 2006, 08:37
I didn't like her outfit in the Japan level either, but the game is awesome :)

Notts Raider
10th Apr 2006, 08:45
Really good, but short

-Dizzy-
10th Apr 2006, 08:46
It was a good game, it just needed to be harder, longer, and have some more "wow" moments, like the T-Rex from the first game. Needed more exploration as well, there were times in TR1 where I would walk around for a bit searching different rooms trying to figure out what to do. In TR: Legend it was always clear what you had to do. Needs more enemies as well, the first had wolves, bears, Egyptian mummies...loads of weird stuff.

The bike levels need changing, that second one just wen on for ages and all you did was just hold down shoot. Too simple.

I wasn't bothered by the dress in the Japan level, though I can see why people may not have liked it. I liked the interactive cutscenes though, I think they should stay, but the buttons should be random so that even on your second time through you don't know exactly what to press.

munchkin
10th Apr 2006, 09:14
I think it's the best of the series since TR2, but in my opinion, the combat system lets it down a bit.

i agree except i liked the combat system. :)

i had plenty of wow moments, most of the game in fact was simply wow. i'm sure, that next installment will have more puzzles, and so on.

i still say 9+1/2 out of 10 and now i'm off to play it some more, i have had many hours of play form it, now, replys and so on, and anticipate many more :)

beccaxx

dhama
10th Apr 2006, 09:37
LOL, it just goes to show that CD ignored everyone else and just listened to me, cos I like it. Just pity about the lack of LEVEL EDITOR!! dhama now ducks as many forumites throw there slippers in his general direction.... :p

Acceber
10th Apr 2006, 10:25
I love this game beyond words. It has surpassed all my expectations and I can't wait each day to get home and adventure some more. I love replaying levels, time trial on levels, unlocking outfits and goodies, exploring in the mansion, interacting with my team, I love Lara's voice and behaviour and I love the story. But I still love it beyond those words.

... and I miss finding it myself, without the constant console prompts

Constant console prompts are the only slight niggle for me, but I am quite good at not seeing them at all. Especially in the action cutscenes. :D

Thumbs and big toes are up for CD and Eidos, thank you for such a great game and for bringing Lara forward again. :) :thumbsup:

tomb_raider
10th Apr 2006, 10:37
It was really good. the story is brilliant i like the whole portal thing at the end. Waaaaay to short. On TR2 you went round the opera house and it took ages to find the card keys to doors or that secret wall but in this one you can see the path there was no depth in gameplay just walking a path around an underground TRAP FREE (whats up with that) tomb.

When i say booby trap free i dont mean those swining blade things, i mean ones you accidentaly press and then they suprise you.

Overall : 7/10
Good:
Fighting System
Story
Lara's Body :D
Zip on PDA
Gadgets

Needs:
Variety of levels (and more)

No more end of level bosses

More WOW factor theres nothing here i havnt seen in Prince of Persia
Bigger mansion with outside

Dont end the game when only about 1/4 of the story is finished!!

Larger tombs with harder obsticles and puzzles

Less mercinaries

dont have grenades if theres no need for them other than fighting!

bring back lara's quadbikes!!!!

Mabes on the motorbike part there could be jumps

game complete nearly 100% in 5:36 hours. Come on whats up with that?!

CatSuit&Ponytail
10th Apr 2006, 11:05
As for the game's disputed shortness..... I know it would NOT be seen as such if all the help aspects were toggleable. I for one would LOVE it if all the console help prompts and the glittering interactive object stuff and Lara's rubber-necking could be turned OFF. And I know the game would be a LOT longer if one actually had to search for the way to do a puzzle or get from here to there themselves without the help. :)

Having said that, we are not even finished the game and it's taken more than 30 hours. ;)

:cool:

By the way, am I the only Tomb Raider fan who has NOT played the latest PoPs? :rolleyes:

midroth
10th Apr 2006, 11:17
The console help prompts and the red "ring of fire" I don't like. Really not. It is like the A*D helping hand. They disturb just the picture. Sorry PT.

BloodRayne
10th Apr 2006, 11:21
I haven't played any POP's either :):)

UK BladeRunner
10th Apr 2006, 11:52
I think what made the first tomb raider so so good was the frustration factor and the importance of the Blue Crystals...

Oh how I miss those Blue Crystals...

Alot of people on here have come out saying that Tomb Raider Legend is too short and a bit easy, well to be honest it's probably actually a bigger game than it's original predecessors and some parts of the game could have been made a lot harder in many area's. What lets it down in some respects are the following small faults with development...

1. The games auto-saves after each checkpoint. Checkpoints should never have been introduced into a game such as this.
2. Enfinity bullets in your pistols... Please!! Where's the challenge in that?Gamers should be forced to use their weapons wisely and hunt for ammo packs should they be running low!
3. Why after you make a mistake or die, do you get your health fully replenished when starting again from the last checkpoint!!, again where's the challenge factor in that?
4. Should have brought back the Blue Crystal's so that gamers can either use them straight away as a game save or store them up so that they can save wherever or whenever they like.. Make them hard to find, only a few on each level...
5. More mind pressing puzzles would be nice, the puzzles in Legend are a little tame to say the least...
6. Stop giving clues as to what to do next or hints to use your grappling device with shiny object markers.. People should be using their heads and intuition instead of literally being guided through the game from start to finish. Gone are the days where you sometimes spent hours even days in one room trying to work things out. A real shame!!

I just think that the developers of the Tomb Raider series need to go straight back to basics.. Look at what made the original such a success. It's clear and evident to see. I think they are trying too hard....

imported_True_Patriot
10th Apr 2006, 11:52
The game is way too short and the puzzles are to easy for any Tomb Raider fan sense the 1st TR. If the next one is like this I'll totally give up on the TR series.

-Dizzy-
10th Apr 2006, 12:52
By the way, am I the only Tomb Raider fan who has NOT played the latest PoPs? :rolleyes:

I haven't played any POP's either :):)
You should both try Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time as soon as you get the chance. It's a great game, similar to Tomb Raider Legend in some ways. The combat can get repetitive though. Don't bother with Warrior Within, that game just dragged on and Tomb Raider Legend is a MUCH better game.

Core Fan
10th Apr 2006, 13:13
I would say

nice try (with a big long laugh: hahahaaaa, nice try but nowhere good)
too short!
too stupid!
AoD was better
No stuff :D

GoranAgar
10th Apr 2006, 13:24
You should both try Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time as soon as you get the chance. It's a great game, similar to Tomb Raider Legend in some ways. The combat can get repetitive though. Don't bother with Warrior Within, that game just dragged on and Tomb Raider Legend is a MUCH better game.
I started it. And played 2 levels. And stopped.

midroth
10th Apr 2006, 14:32
Better than me. I played one level, gave it to a family member, who sold it without any further comment. This fate Lara never got. :)

Mangar The Dark
10th Apr 2006, 15:08
POP was a lot of fun until the fights starting getting too long winded. The exploration, platforming, puzzles, etc, were all excellent, and as I played through those parts, I remember thinking, "So this is what TR would probably be like if they made it today. Cool!"

On a side note-- somebody mentioned something about "blue crystals" making the earlier games so good. I honestly can't recall ever seeing any blue crystals anywhere in a TR game (and I played all of the previous games.) Am I going senile? What were they and why were they so wonderful?

-Dizzy-
10th Apr 2006, 15:37
POP was a lot of fun until the fights starting getting too long winded. The exploration, platforming, puzzles, etc, were all excellent, and as I played through those parts, I remember thinking, "So this is what TR would probably be like if they made it today. Cool!"

On a side note-- somebody mentioned something about "blue crystals" making the earlier games so good. I honestly can't recall ever seeing any blue crystals anywhere in a TR game (and I played all of the previous games.) Am I going senile? What were they and why were they so wonderful?
The save game crystals.

Mangar The Dark
10th Apr 2006, 15:39
"Save game crystals"

I guess those were a console thing. On the PC I just pressed F5 to save (thank goodness... I hate limited saves in games!)

NecroFeline
10th Apr 2006, 15:46
As I have played the other 6 games I found Legend to easy (even in Tomb Raider - Hard).
Ok, she has some new combat moves - but all I could do was laugh and think 'The Matrix'. The puzzles were so easy; most people who play Lara are about my age (31) not 10.
Short! That's not the word for it. I was at the Nepal level thinking I was just half way there. So you can guess my disappointment when the game ended.

So please, the next game harder, more levels, no stupid 'Matrix' moves, more places to explore.

Well just a game that I don't fin in 9h. :(

munchkin
10th Apr 2006, 15:47
"Save game crystals"

I guess those were a console thing. On the PC I just pressed F5 to save (thank goodness... I hate limited saves in games!)

in TR1 there wwre blue save pints crystals, and alorge part of the gameplay, was eeking out health to get to the next save crystal. in TR2 they did away with them, but in TR3, you coudl colloect them, and save with them, but you only got limited saves per level, so you had to be careful when you saved.

after that, as far as i rember no more save crystals. and now in TRL, the checkpoint marker, does have alittle blue crystal shape as a full stop after the word check point, comes up on screen :)

beccaxx

tomb raider babe
11th Apr 2006, 00:28
I haven't played it but i'm sure its great

baylisst
11th Apr 2006, 08:01
with the pc versions the only save crystals i remember were in TR3, and all they did were increase your health as much as a small medipack. plus they were green instead of blue :p

the only bit of TRL i found difficult was the combat on hard mode when there were loads of guards killing you, dunno why but it seemed a lot harder that the other 6, maybe the pistols are less accurate :confused:

anyway, TRL is a very good game but much to short and simple for a TR, as many have already said, and it seems to have a mixture of things from older TRs that i didn't like:

too many bosses and human enemies - like TR3
too short - like TR5
too easy, too many hints, and at some places pointless - like TR6
it seems to still not have that extra special something that was missing after TR2
the mansion was very good, especially the mini-puzzle for finding the gold, but it still seemed fairly flat with not many things to do - like TR1/2

edit: is it me, or do new games seem to be a lot shorter, eg KOTOR2, Black & White 2, FEAR, Ghost Recon, Quake 4, Lego Star Wars :D etc

XsceeQA
11th Apr 2006, 10:48
ill stick to 1

LoveKurtis
11th Apr 2006, 11:07
Back to the Tombs,

Yeah right... I just started Tokyo today, :eek: what's that about. And the actual tomb-levels, Bolivia and Peru are short. Exploring the mainson took me more time then those two lvls.

Am I dissapointed, yeah a bit, the grapics are very nice, controls could be better, but I am not sure about the game itself

FrozenFire
11th Apr 2006, 11:10
"Save game crystals"

On PC the Tomb Raider 3 save game crystals filled up your health :)

Richard_Croft
11th Apr 2006, 11:27
What can I say? Graphics were GREAT, Controls were AMAZING, Lara was FANTASTIC, Story was EXCITING, Overall game was abit SHORT.

So in these words: GREAT, AMAZING, FANTASTIC, EXCITING, SHORT.

This pretty much summarises the game and I feel it definately should receive about a 4/5 AT LEAST!!! Well done CD!:thumbsup:

You have satisfied me, a TR fan since the beginning of its time!;)

FrozenFire
11th Apr 2006, 11:32
I couldn't agree more! :)

Mangar The Dark
11th Apr 2006, 12:50
On PC the Tomb Raider 3 save game crystals filled up your health :)

Odd... I have no recollection of that at all, and I played TR3 quite a lot (granted, it was several years ago.) The only crystals I remember were in the PC demo of TR3-- there were save crystals in that which did actually act as save crystals (not health boosts.) And I remember hoping that the real game would use the traditional "save anywhere" method, which, fortunately, it did (on the PC.)

sup2069
11th Apr 2006, 14:19
As I have played the other 6 games I found Legend to easy (even in Tomb Raider - Hard).
Ok, she has some new combat moves - but all I could do was laugh and think 'The Matrix'. The puzzles were so easy; most people who play Lara are about my age (31) not 10.
Short! That's not the word for it. I was at the Nepal level thinking I was just half way there. So you can guess my disappointment when the game ended.

So please, the next game harder, more levels, no stupid 'Matrix' moves, more places to explore.

Well just a game that I don't fin in 9h. :(

Your right, the game felt like it was designed more for the 10-15 year old crowds. Popup hints, the annoying guy in the headset, 1 route to the end and too much action.

The game should of been geared towards the 20-30 year old crowds. Think about it, the mid 90's was the bornage of the TR fans. 10 years or so later they are now near 20's and 30's. Dont you think it would of been wise to keep the vets happy?

The only thing selling Legends at first glance, is the updated look of Lara, and the eye candy. Soon people will realize that something is wrong...again.

XsceeQA
11th Apr 2006, 14:26
had my first comments removed cos i told ppl to download play and uninstall i was talking about the demo as the game wasnt much bigger :)

smlaci
11th Apr 2006, 15:00
the biggest dissapointment in my life... a joke that's what it is... it should have had more puzzles, labyrinths, tombs and it should be longer and harder. better graphics don't mean "quality", i like the graphics but that's not the most important thing in a tr game, puzzles are, the gameplay is, the locations, the story. why on earth is the game so easy? ok let's make it easy, but only on easy difficulty setting, on hard it should be harder, no more tips, hints, shiny things, highlighted stuff, no more clues, just use your head to solve it. swimming controls were bad, what was wrong with the old ones?... the bike levels - just wrong, i followed that train for 20 minutes, the trees and rocks started to repeat themselves, it was like the lotus racing game back in '93, to many people to kill, to much crappy continuous music, what was wrong with the ambiental sounds of the jungle?, ohh, and IT'S TOO DAMN SHORT!!! IF I WIN THE LOTTERY I WILL BUY THE FRANCHISE AND DECLARE LARA CROFT DEAD SO NOBODY WILL TRASH HER AND THE TOMB RAIDER NAME INTO MORE GAMES.

baylisst
12th Apr 2006, 11:07
Odd... I have no recollection of that at all, and I played TR3 quite a lot (granted, it was several years ago.) The only crystals I remember were in the PC demo of TR3-- there were save crystals in that which did actually act as save crystals (not health boosts.) And I remember hoping that the real game would use the traditional "save anywhere" method, which, fortunately, it did (on the PC.)

i have to agree with frozenfire on this, did you get the budget version or something, cause i'm not sure about frozen's but mine is the "first release" version... not sure :confused:

after playing it all the way through and doing the time trials (fun! :D) after 10.5 hrs of playtime i can say that i did enjoy it immensley and i enjoyed the build up to the climax + final boss fight very enjoyable, and the final explanation as to what was in the giant green ring thingy very well done. (trying my best to avoid spoilers ;)) however as others have said i would have prefered it to carry on, as i'm not over keen on TRs leaving an open ending for a sequel. despite this i can't wait for the sequel and even though it was short it left me wanting more (because of its sheer brilliance, not because of its length) showing how great it is. overall, 9/10

masterc
12th Apr 2006, 11:43
i loved the game but it wos way to short and WAT KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT?!! the way it ended i thought there would be another level not just lara swingin off the screen.

munchkin
12th Apr 2006, 11:54
i loved the game but it wos way to short and WAT KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT?!! the way it ended i thought there would be another level not just lara swingin off the screen.

its a brilliant ending, it so sets us up for the sequel, i for one am really, looking foeward to the sequel, and find the plot amazing, proper TR plot, gameplay, a reall TR feel to TRL. :)

beccaxx

masterc
12th Apr 2006, 12:03
seriosly i loved the game but the ending was like big bad boss gets its ass kicked (which i liked) and then it looks like its going in to another lvel. crapist ending ever for tr game

Allek
12th Apr 2006, 12:07
I love this game! :D

game complete nearly 100% in 5:36 hours. Come on whats up with that?!

I love it how people exagerate! I beat the game in 5 hours blah blah blah. People, that is the games recorded time. It is not actual play time. I know you did not start playing at... oh say noon, and had it beat by 5:36pm. And if you did, then shame on you for buying the strategy guide so soon!

When you die, reload, and start back at the last checkpoint, the clock resets to where it was when you first cleared that checkpoint. The clock does not continue from when you died.

masterc
12th Apr 2006, 12:10
yeah so wat you think the clock on my wall resets too???well??no i dont think so

masterc
12th Apr 2006, 12:49
can you people tell me honestly that when you defeated the boss at the end of the game and lara told everyone what they sshould do,did you think it was the end of the game??

baylisst
12th Apr 2006, 13:52
if i didn't know how short it was then i probably would have thought that it wasn't the end, and if the first 1/4 was that packed full of bosses etc how hard would the rest of the game be?!?! :p :D

munchkin
12th Apr 2006, 14:13
can you people tell me honestly that when you defeated the boss at the end of the game and lara told everyone what they sshould do,did you think it was the end of the game??

yes, cause it felt like the set up to a sequal not to a new level.

beccaxx

masterc
12th Apr 2006, 14:46
yeah right, it loked just like the end of any other level.

masterc
12th Apr 2006, 14:52
baylisst did you really find the game that hard? most of the complaints were about it not being hard enough.

-Dizzy-
12th Apr 2006, 16:00
I thought another level was coming.

The game completition percentage was going up at a steady rate.....when I went onto the second to last level (one before the boss) I figured that I had 2-3 proper levels left. Plus I could hardly hear what some of the characters were saying sometimes.

When I first watched it I thought another level was coming. The second time it sort of made sense....unlike Halo 2. Now that was truly a bad ending.

LoveKurtis
12th Apr 2006, 17:09
For those who have nothing more to say then negatieve stuff. Please write a letter to CD or Eidos or what ever and DO NOT bug new players, old ones who still love the game with your ..... (must... stay....nice).

XsceeQA
12th Apr 2006, 20:05
I dont see anyting negative about the complaints wasn't this a RATE tombraider thread? Has nothing to do with new or old players, I bet most that posted with held what they realy felt:mad: after there hard earned cash/pocketmoney fizzeled out with green flashes and a end that was lacking along with the whole game the eye candy was the best ive seen run on a xbox no doubt about that:D . But was the gameplay worth the £30-£40 spent out only to find they hadn't bothered with a true end. Reminds me of fable someone found 'the lost chapters' and the Whole game got relesed.

I just hope that the negative feedback makes someone think that maybe the public desive a bit more from a game then just a iconic figure its not enough?.:confused:

Allek
12th Apr 2006, 20:38
Short, but sweeeet! :p

NecroFeline
12th Apr 2006, 20:54
I just hope that the negative feedback makes someone think that maybe the public desive a bit more from a game then just a iconic figure its not enough?.:confused:

Right On - This is the Eidos Forums. Note Eidos.

ut2004
13th Apr 2006, 01:03
At $39.99 US the PC version is well worth it.

Packaging plastic case and 1 DVD for Media and 20 page manual.

Graphics are very good, yet I question why NVIDIA?, when XB0X 360 uses ATI and will sell many more copies than PC version.

Controls are easy to use for any PC gamer, may be confusing for a console player on the PC but a gamepad will correct that.

short game?, can't answer yet still playing.

Gamespot review saying nothing new?, don't you believe that I played all the TR series and this brings alot of new content.

I give it a 9/10 due to they supported Nvidia, and users that have ATI cards will find that some options are not available even when your card supports the tech.

NaughtyGirl
13th Apr 2006, 02:14
I was an AOD ranter (and it's funny to see how many people finally can admit that AOD had severe issues, and how many people still like it).
I just got TRL. I'm frustrated, I'm cheating with the strategy guide, I'm dying like crazy trying to get these fluids controls, I'm certain this game will take me more than 6 hours to play so I must be a frickin' idiot!:D

I LOVE THAT!!!! That's the spirit of Tomb Raider right there. Working on something that seemed hard and then that sense of satisfaction when you finally get it done! The only time I got that in AOD was that durned 3 process leap before the closing door, man that was a sweet moment, otherwise :p . Legend looks great, and I'm actually happy. No bugs so far (my AOD was buggy from minute one and can I say what a letdown when you are all excited, put your game in and it's buggy as heck from the beginning). Legend is giving me so far that feeling of the original but even more exotic and lush looking. It's the millenium nuLara! I miss the 1, 2 step that made my life easier because I knew exactly what I could do and how, but I also love how atheltic she is and all the new flipping and stuff (although I miss the basic back and side flip and the jump back). But we can't stay stuck in the past. Legend is really really good! :thumbsup:

PS I think that CD (Crystal Dynamics) is really CD (Core Designs), they just changed their name from sheer embarrassment after AOD....LOL
(I know it's not really true....but kinda ironic....dont'cha think)

baylisst
13th Apr 2006, 07:27
baylisst did you really find the game that hard? most of the complaints were about it not being hard enough.

a couple of the bosses took me as long as other TR bosses to figure out what to do and certain areas where there were loads of enemies, eg end of 2nd level, bike sequence in kazakhstan took me a while simply because i died a lot. but when doing the time trials these were alot easier, probably because it was "adventurer" equivalent, rather than "tomb raider", and i was surprised how easy the time trials were, especially as i finished with about 7 mins left on either west africa or england.... cant remeber which one out of those. i was just saying that as most games seem to get harder as they go along, and as that TRL had what....5 bosses in, that it would be nigh impossible in the last few levels (if it carried on to the same length as TRs1-4). however the puzzles were mind-numbingly easy

-Dizzy-
13th Apr 2006, 21:34
I voted for "good but", but after playing the game even more I think I would choose "really good".

The new controls are just so much better. Not sure why the old fans are acting so surprised, surely they knew that this had to happen sooner or later?

Lara is just so much more fun to use. She is finally as athletic as she was meant to be.

I'm not bashing the old games, I still like some of the previous games and I am currently playing through AoD but this new style really is the way forward.

Graphically Lara is amazing. Her facial animation is great, she is always looking around rather than just staring lifelessly like so many other videogame characters. In most games when the character comes out of the water they have water drip from them for a few seconds, like Lara in AoD but in this game she really does get wet. Also dirty at some points. I think it's artistically beautiful how lifelike she has become over the years. Even in some of the best games of recent years the characters never seemed as good as Lara does in Legend. She's a really cool character, probably one of the reasons why it's so much fun to replay.

All the developers need to do now is make the sequel longer, harder, more variety in enemies (e.g. tougher enemies like bears or something) and make it a bit less linear. Then I think Tomb Raider really would make it back to the top. Luckily the things I mentioned are often what developers try to do in sequels ;)

Damn I can't wait until TR8 is released :D

baylisst
14th Apr 2006, 06:37
Graphically Lara is amazing. Her facial animation is great, she is always looking around rather than just staring lifelessly like so many other videogame characters. In most games when the character comes out of the water they have water drip from them for a few seconds, like Lara in AoD but in this game she really does get wet. Also dirty at some points.
i'm not sure if this is right or whether it's just coincidence but on the pc version i noticed that when there were birds around her eyes seemed to follow them. plus make her roll over + over to get her really dirty;) :D

millnatla
14th Apr 2006, 07:25
As a TR game i thought it was disappointing,as a game in itself ok.Like resi 4 i liked the game but it wasnt resi. TR Legend too short. Back to the tombs , modern Japanese skyscraper Hmmmmm. I would also like to ask "What was wrong with the old control system?" that was one of the reasons why i loved TR so much you could either make the jump or not none of this wondering whether it was possible or not.In conclusion Ok game but not TR.

masterc
14th Apr 2006, 14:22
like you said baylisst the puzzles are mind-numbingly easy so what are they trying to do to our belved tr games?. it seems to me their their trying to make tr easy for kids my three year old cousin could do it!!!:cool:

zren
17th Apr 2006, 19:31
Legend was too easy imho. Like someone (cant remember name) pointed out
we were treated like a bunch of kids.. For todays 14 year old generation that maybe
a good thing since they mostlikely havent played TR1-2-3-4-5.

For the 'die hard' Tomb Raider this game is just way too easy. Everything is
self-explanitory with hints, Lara 'looking' where to go, shiny objects.
The challenge is gone in Legend for us 'die hards'.

I bought Legend last week (holland). Initially while i was going on in the first
level it felt all right and played like a real Tomb Raider.
I remember Tomb Raider (1,2,3 primarily) and how they made a big impression
on me while playing it with my girlfriend & brother together on PlayStation.
Long enjoyable evenings running around trying to explore every square feet
and even trying impossible jumps 'just to get to that spot' where there might
be a ammo, gun or medpack pickup that we concidered 'we must get it' before
we need it lol.

There were so many 'traps' in Tomb Raider 3 and you had to explore and take
your time to review the whole area before you recklessly run or jump for your
destiny.
Where are the keys in Legend? Or the pieces of an artifact that can be put
together to form something you can use in a different area/map?

Legend its 'scare factor' is also far less impressive (if any at all). In previous
Tomb Raiders you would sometimes pee in your pants when out of no where around some
corner a creature makes a loud noise and runs towards you. You panic and
start making mistakes lol.

I remember the crocodiles in Tomb Raider very well, i was always scared to go
in the water (in tomb raider, not real life lol) knowing there could be some
weird things chasing you while you are in panic trying to look for a place to
surface and catch breath.
The piranha's so much freaked me out in TR3 lol

I must agree that the controls in Legend are far better than the ones
in AoD. Only a few things i dislike is the fact that Lara doesnt
do sideway flips anymore (only with guns equiped). What happened to
sprinting :S ?
Also the fact that you can move forward with all the W/S/A/D keys depending
on the camera point of view is very annoying. Lara should simply 'rotate/turn around'
when using A and S (left / right) and not walk in that direction. Only the W (forward)
should be used to make Lara move in a direction and independent from the camera view.
Forward should be forward ALWAYS.
If you are looking at Lara (seeing her face) you have to use S (backward) to walk
forward. This is highly annoying and disturbs the players 'feel for movement'.

The High Security Compound in Nevada was extremely nice. You had no
guns and had to use your brains to think out what to do to get where you
want to go while some cons are coming after you.

You can probably guess by reading this that TR3 is my favorite really :P

Legend is ok i guess if you are new to Tomb Raider but for alot of Tomb
Raider fans Legend just is not what it should be. Puzzling, scary in some parts,
mysterious, hidden pickups (or save crystals like in TR3 for PS which were perfect i think).
I was slightly disappointed with Legend. It is just too easy in my opinion.
Newcomers maybe not agree..