PDA

View Full Version : PC Demo??

LizzyMM
6th Apr 2006, 03:13
Hello. How long did it take for you to download the PC demo?? I started the download and 30 minutes later it had only done 30 MB's. It said it was 500 mb's. That would be 16 hours, right? I cancelled. LOL.

Legendary Lara Croft
6th Apr 2006, 03:19
read this thread LizzyMM, I just told NRNR about good place to get it :)

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=57985

NightRain'06
6th Apr 2006, 03:29
Depends on what kind of internet connection you have. :)

1. If you have a Dial up which is a sluggish speed, don't bother. Or if you're willing, go with it. But, be warned, since the speed runs through your phone line, you'll have your computer on for hours because it's so slow and you'll run up your phone bill. Really !

2. If you have a DSL internet connection, which is about 50 to 70 times faster than dial-up speed you're okay. I don't know how long 500MB will take you to download but it won't be as long as dial up. :D

3. If you have a Broadband connection, which runs through a cable external modem- which is approximately 50 times faster than DSL, it'd take you about a little over 2 hours to download.

I've tried to download mine yesterday but at the last 40 minutes, the stupid download got disconnected on me suddenly ! I was so mad. I have a Broadband connection.

My guess is, Lizzie, that you have a Dial up connection, right ? I mean, if you've downloaded 30MB and it took you about 30 minutes. I don't know.

Legendary Lara Croft
6th Apr 2006, 03:32
hmm i strongly suggest that website still, it took me only 15 minutes or so to download whole thing, yes I got broadband cable too... forgot to say, if you mentioned this version is 4..something MB unline 5... something in other sites. but no worries, it's just because this version doesn't include Direct X 9.0c which you probably already all have and can find it anywhere else anyway

good luck guys!:D

tolkien2
8th Apr 2006, 00:34
I'm waiting for the "next generation content" patch :cool:

Legendary Lara Croft
8th Apr 2006, 07:32
yeah me too :D

official link for download

http://www.tombraiderlegenddemo.com

tolkien2
8th Apr 2006, 11:15
for crying out loud, the demo doesn't even have pixel shader enabled! even the PS2 version looks better :mad:

Jurjen
8th Apr 2006, 11:46
The demo definitely does use pixel shaders and vertex shaders, also without nextgen.

It is mostly the same as on Xbox, but has higher resolution textures, and can obviously run at much higher display resolutions. It easily surpasses the PS2.

GoranAgar
8th Apr 2006, 11:49
even the PS2 version looks better :mad:
Nonsense. :cool:

tolkien2
8th Apr 2006, 12:44
I was watching the ps2 version the other day, and in one particular scene rocks had that characteristic PS specular reflection bright. And when I installed the PC demo, that scene had that reflection missing.

tolkien2
8th Apr 2006, 12:56
In this particular scene, the stone above Lara has PS overbright in the PS2 version:

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/7360/ghj9vz.jpg

and as you can see, that bright is missing in the demo