PDA

View Full Version : X-fi Problems

Angry_Marine
5th Apr 2006, 22:32
I just installed Commandos Strike Force and I tweaking the options for the best performance on my computer. I currently have a Creative X-fi Fatal1ty sound card but CSF won't let me select the X-fi from the sound options menu. All my drivers are current. Any ideas?

smackyabitshup
12th Apr 2006, 18:30
same here

smackyabitshup
12th Apr 2006, 18:32
same here
even with patch 1.2 installed

ADE 1
16th Apr 2006, 02:09
Me too. What's with the 2 versions of the patch if the one for X-Fi users only doesn't work?! I was really waiting for this patch to fix this problem and knew it was being worked on.....but wtf?

raizde2
18th Apr 2006, 11:20
same here, and also removed the sound output option... where we could choose between dolby digital, surround, ...

Juanlo
19th Apr 2006, 08:40
What kind of joke is this patch?. X-Fi is grayed for me too. Do we need new drivers from Creative?. An updated readme would be nice, but we don't have any information, just a patch that does nothing with our X-Fi. It installs OpenAL drivers but it still won't work.

I bought this game a week ago and can't play (I want to take full advantage of my hardware), please eidos you should be a bit serious don't you think?.

ElGringo
19th Apr 2006, 16:13
Yesterday, after experiencing some crashes after trying to reload some previous saved "Cat's Eyes" games, I downloaded and installed the X-Fi patch and I updated my video drivers.

The crashes no longer occur, although I'd say that the general game-play is a tiny bit slower. I do have sound but, as seems to be the case with all other posters here, the sound options of CSF still don't let me select the Creative X-Fi option even though I installed the specific X-Fi patch.

Another problem I have noticed (although I am not quite sure this didn't happen before I installed the 1.2 patch) is that the spy very often automatically changes back to his normal clothes without me ever telling him to do so (ie, inmediately after saving a game). :mad: Has anyone else experienced this particular problem?

Regards,

ElGringo

Juanlo
2nd May 2006, 12:01
This is getting really frustrating. Please can ANYBODY say ANYTHING official about X-Fi support?. I have paid for it!