PDA

View Full Version : Levels In Tomb Raider Legend

gervini
5th Apr 2006, 22:05
Friends please who has completed this game.. please post how many levels are there.. in this game.. with some details..
looking forward for everyone support..!! :)

RAZMAT
5th Apr 2006, 22:35
i don't know but i heard there aint many and they're short.

gervini
5th Apr 2006, 22:48
I just figured from one of sites..
they are.. in serial order..
PERU
BOLIVIA
TOKYO
GHANA
KAZAKHSTAN
NEPAL
ENGLAND
CORNWALL IN ENGLAND

really.. very few.. phew!! :eek:

TRBeth
6th Apr 2006, 00:52
And are there levels within levels, as in previous TR games, or are we just going to play 7 levels?

Core Fan
6th Apr 2006, 00:55
there are no levels!
only a few surroundings which you will walk through
so no, NO SUBLEVELS whatsoever..... :confused:

i dont think a walkthrough for this game will sell .. because.. you WALK THROUGH it :p

mackenzie
14th Apr 2006, 20:50
Friends please who has completed this game.. please post how many levels are there.. in this game.. with some details..
looking forward for everyone support..!! :)
there are 8 levels in this game but you must get all the secrets

tr1xp
14th Apr 2006, 21:15
i dont think a walkthrough for this game will sell .. because.. you WALK THROUGH it :p

Spot on.

There are 8 levels.

The last one is only a revist to one "room" from Bolivia, the first level, for a 5 minute boss fight. So that leaves 7 real levels.

Nepal is only a very short level that takes 13 - 20 minutes. So that leaves 6 levels that might take you 30 minutes or more.

The other 6 levels. You just walk through them with each one containing one very simple "move the object, trigger end of level" puzzle and a short platform jumping section...if you can call that a puzzle. All useable objects and "puzzle parts" have this pulsing light eminating from them, so all you do is go to the shiny thing Lara won't stop looking at and move it to the shiny spot on the floor, if the guys on the headset have not already told you what to do flat out, which they do constantly.

The game is extremely short, no matter how you spin it. Standing around doing nothing in a level for 2 hours, does not make the level 2:40 long, it's still just 40 minutes play time. It took me 6:59 to complete on medium difficulty, and that includes the mansion and finding most of the secrets (missed 2 gold and 4 others), taking my time and exploring (only to find nothing to explore), and no walkthrough. I completed the game before a walkthrough came out. I am the type of gamer that explores everything. I DO NOT rush the game. There is just nothing to explore in this game other than the walls of the hallway you are forced into.

RickyG512
14th Apr 2006, 21:19
occurding to you, i finished kazistan and now on england but in your list nepal is in between, i didnt do that, did mine skip a level

tr1xp
14th Apr 2006, 21:27
If memory serves me it is:

BOLIVIA
PERU
TOKYO
GHANA
KAZAKHSTAN
ENGLAND
NEPAL
BOLIVIA Repeat

laraflames
14th Apr 2006, 22:00
If memory serves me it is:

BOLIVIA
PERU
TOKYO
GHANA
KAZAKHSTAN
ENGLAND
NEPAL
BOLIVIA Repeat

hey do u have to get all secrets to get lara mansion at the end
?

tr1xp
14th Apr 2006, 22:41
No. You don't have to get a single one, but most will be just laying around in plain sight. All you have to do to explore the mansion fully is complete the first level, Bolivia with or without finding any secrets in it.

laraflames
14th Apr 2006, 23:07
No. You don't have to get a single one, but most will be just laying around in plain sight. All you have to do to explore the mansion fully is complete the first level, Bolivia with or without finding any secrets in it.
sweet thanx:D

movieman
14th Apr 2006, 23:31
Nepal is only a very short level that takes 13 - 20 minutes. So that leaves 6 levels that might take you 30 minutes or more.

Maybe if you rush through it, but Nepal took a heck of a lot longer than that for me.

Standing around doing nothing in a level for 2 hours, does not make the level 2:40 long, it's still just 40 minutes play time.

You mean like the original Tomb Raider games where you spent two hours trying to figure out which button to press to open the door to move on, and forty minutes trying to make the jump to the button, repeatedly dying and reloading when you didn't press jump on exactly the right pixel?

tr1xp
15th Apr 2006, 04:37
I never had any trouble at all with TR1 controls. Rarely ever missed a jump either. Want to see a video of it? Tell me the hardest jump in Tomb Raider 1 and I'll go make you a video jumping to and from it, backward, forward, sideways, back and forth non stop and unedited. Tomb Raider 1 controls were near perfection. TR2 and 3 were. TR4 when they tried to add weapon zooming and crap is where it got bad.

As for knowing the right buttons...you have to gather the clues/keys etc. It was not random. Even knowing the levels from TR1 like my own living room, it still takes me longer to rush through them then it would to take my time through a TR Legend level...because they were much better designed and complex.

sheighton
15th Apr 2006, 06:06
Sure, only two of the levels are really guarenteed to take most normal people around 2 hours...But quality more than makes up for quanity in my mind...So people stop complaining about the length of the game. Quite frankly it is of a length that it does not become exhausting, so I think though a little on the short side it is a nice length...