PDA

View Full Version : how much do you know lara

bigesttombfan09
5th Apr 2006, 20:01
do you really know all there is to know about t=lara croft and the tomb raider take the quiz here

http://www.tombraider4u.com/quiz.shtml

then post your score

Faye
5th Apr 2006, 20:47
Haha! *smug* I'm smarter than the author of that quiz! When I got to question 9, the question was:

9) In Tomb Raider 3, the final boss is...
a) Sophia Leigh
b) A dragon
c) A spider
d) Natla
e) None of the above

Now, the correct answer is actually "None of the above", but the quiz has is down as being c) A spider. Although I had a feeling the quiz would mark me down, I decided to put e) None of the above. And of course I got marked down. But it's not right! It's not a spider, it's Mark Willard. :rolleyes:

If they're going to make a quiz, they could at least do their research a bit. He might look a bit spidery, but that does not make him an actual spider.

I got all the other correct (I sorta got that one right anyway,considering that I knew which answer the quiz would say is correct...I was just being defiant against Tomb Raider misinformation! :D Because there is so much of that around...).

Beechwell
5th Apr 2006, 21:19
I was just being defiant against Tomb Raider misinformation! :D Because there is so much of that around...).
I think it's not so much misinformation than (mis-?)interpretation. Willard does pretty much look like a spider in the last battle.

I'm ashamed to say that I only got 1/3 right at the first try. Well, it's been years since I played any of these games. And what did it matter in which order you visited places in TR3?

RAZMAT
5th Apr 2006, 22:37
she's got 44'000 armpit hairs under her left arm.

Treeble
5th Apr 2006, 23:24
And what did it matter in which order you visited places in TR3?

Nevada is the best location to go first because you'll lose all your inventory, so you still have the whole London and South Pacific stages to recover all your weapons back. :)

Faye
5th Apr 2006, 23:24
I think it's not so much misinformation than (mis-?)interpretation. Willard does pretty much look like a spider in the last battle.

I'm ashamed to say that I only got 1/3 right at the first try. Well, it's been years since I played any of these games. And what did it matter in which order you visited places in TR3?

I guess I'm just pedantic, haha! :D I agree with you about the order of places...I thought it was a bit of an odd question. Because really it's down to the individual gamer's style, it's not so much a Tomb Raider "fact" that can be proven or disproven, such as, say, "Q: What is Lara's surname? A: Croft."

I guessed that the most likely answer would be Nevada, because in Prima's Official Strategy Guide For Tomb Raider III: Adventures Of Lara Croft, you're advised to go to Nevada first, because you lose all your weapons in the High Security Compound level, so if you take a different section first, you end up losing whatever weapons you find there when you go to Nevada. Anyway, since Prima's guide is the official one, I guess stuff from that can be taken as fact (for the most part...sometimes Prima gets things wrong...but only stuff like getting characters mixed up, not actual serious walkthrough mistakes).

Beechwell
5th Apr 2006, 23:51
Nevada is the best location to go first because you'll lose all your inventory, so you still have the whole London and South Pacific stages to recover all your weapons back. :)
Aaahh, i remember now. See, that's why I only scored 33%, memory like a seeve.
In retrospective, I find it rather hard to distinguish between the different TR games, they all looked so alike. only TR4 I played often enough to remember most details.

Jay
6th Apr 2006, 01:31
I managed to get 80%, not bad! My tomb raiding memories are still clear! :p

Unfortunately I forgot that you could get skeletons with a shotgun as well as the crossbow.

Admittedly I have yet to complete Angel of Darkness, which is of course why I didn't know the last question... I'm aiming to finish it before I make a start on Legend.

And about question 14 and Tomb Raider Chronicles having 32 secrets... maybe I should play that one again :o

A good trip down memory lane, thanks bigesttombfan09.

NightRain'06
6th Apr 2006, 01:39
Sadly...not much. I just play the game casually. But I guess I just don't pay that much attention to detail. :D