PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Laras house?

Pitchy20
5th Apr 2006, 17:46
:D Is there a Laras House on TRL because I think it was a great feature to the other TRs and felt the other games had something missing without it.:D

WaLLy3K
5th Apr 2006, 17:59
There is, but you can't go outside or visit that mech that was in the movies. :(

Pitchy20
5th Apr 2006, 19:02
Oh well!!!!!1:(I was hoping for some obstacle course and a maze ect jus like the oldies and maybe a few new extras. So what does the house actually consist of??

lllll
5th Apr 2006, 19:09
Oh well!!!!!1:(I was hoping for some obstacle course and a maze ect jus like the oldies and maybe a few new extras. So what does the house actually consist of??

A pool, a training area (which is useless), the large room with the fireplace/Zip/Pcs/glass wall, Lara's bedroom with suite and changing area, library, some halls and 1 secret dark passage. Many doors but all locked, also 2 gates in the small courtyard but locked too.

This is a missed oppurtunity for CD, they should have made all doors unlockable and added outside surroundings to explore....that would have made the fans go nuts, but many will be disappointed with this.

Shehi
5th Apr 2006, 19:21
You can't be more pessimistic (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pessimistic), can you? The game is awesome and especially that training area is quite well designed - at least there is a goal there now, with help of which you also get trained. What is wrong with that? :mad:

lllll
5th Apr 2006, 19:41
You can't be more pessimistic (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=pessimistic), can you? The game is awesome and especially that training area is quite well designed - at least there is a goal there now, with help of which you also get trained. What is wrong with that? :mad:

What training? You couldn't even enter the training area BEFORE finishing Bolivia, how silly was that....so you already knew the controls when you unlocked it ;)
I gathered the "secrets" in that training area in about 20 minutes and never went back there.

Some parts of the game are amazing yes, but it has many stuff which is just not right, like the manor with no outside surroundings and no access to all rooms.

HBAndrew
5th Apr 2006, 21:00
I was dissapointed with that too, the classic house was the best, lots of secrets, shoot the butler lock him in the fridge, training course outside, maze, etc etc. Now it's just find a few easy shields then never go back again.

The game is also no longer tomb raider for me, sure the graphics are nice and laras still lara, but it's all high rise buildings and other modern stuff, not enough "tomb" raiding, dodging traps that take some thinking, just shove a block here to break it. Much too easy and replayability isn't there.

Which tomb raider was that house in with the butler and fridge, obstacle course etc I forget.

mrcube
5th Apr 2006, 22:02
Which tomb raider was that house in with the butler and fridge, obstacle course etc I forget.

The 2nd and third, they rocked

The game is also no longer tomb raider for me, sure the graphics are nice and laras still lara, but it's all high rise buildings and other modern stuff, not enough "tomb" raiding, dodging traps that take some thinking, just shove a block here to break it. Much too easy and replayability isn't there.

And Yeah, kinda have to agree with you there, I've been saying that for ages and I hope they make the next TR have at least 1 or 2 huge tombs, where there are no people, just animals and traps, and you get no headset or help from the mansion.

I was dissapointed with that too, the classic house was the best, lots of secrets, shoot the butler lock him in the fridge, training course outside, maze, etc etc. Now it's just find a few easy shields then never go back again.

And yeah, you're totally right here, the old mansion kicked arse, with the maze and quad-bike track, then the obstacle course and the butler.

Also whats up with CD changing Lara's history, you can do it in the movie, cause its a movie ADAPTATION, but not in the game cause it a SEQUEL. You can't change the storyline after 6 successful games (YES, I think AoD ruled)

The problem is that now everyone plays TR on bloody consoles and that's not what it was designed for (well legend was) the first 6 were designed for PC and gave a much more enjoyable experience on PC. That's why AoD failed, cause it was PS2 fans who played it, and not TR fans. I mean once the patches had been released the game was fine and was great fun. (Had a wicked storyline, maybe lacking some tombs, but the tombs it had were big and you didn't have some annoying American screaming in you ear and telling you exactly what to do)

Although I like Legend, they still haven't solved the growing number or problems with the TR franchise, Legend is to like Prince of Persia, I like prince of Persia, but I like it because I know what it is. I liked Tomb Raider for an entire much longer list of reasons, which in my eye are lacking from Legend. CD have gone and made Legend into prince of Persia and I don't want that, I want a TR game.

Anyway, maybe they'll solve it in TR8, they need a balance, but not the kind of balance they have in Legend, there shouldn't be so many action levels where you are fighting with 50 guys. Its about unlocking the next level and feeling good after you've solved a puzzle.

P.S What happened to Gex? Anyone remember that, great series, well the first one, second and third were a bit crap. God, I loved those, a game done truly well by CD

P.S.S - Oh sorry P.P.S: Crystal Dynamics and Core Design both have the initials CD so when we say CD we really need to be clear which company we are referring to, the company that made TR famous, or the one that made it into prince of Persia

P.P.P.S: Thats the longest post I've ever written!

Pitchy20
8th Apr 2006, 08:08
Yeah I agree! TR 1 2 3 and 4 ruled:D It was classic Tomb Raiding:)

And you always had Laras mansion to go and kick back in when ever you got bored (which was very rare for me to do as the games were awesome)

Hardly any crazy humans just the good old animals trying to kill you
(Remember the black panthers in TR1 the rocked);)

WaLLy3K
8th Apr 2006, 08:49
The reason why they changed the house is already hinted in the game -

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/3024/croftmanor7rr.jpg

Something that I certainly missed though was being captured and being stripped of your inventory, the first three games had this. :(

mrcube
8th Apr 2006, 16:51
Yeah I miss the inventory, they should put that back into TR 8, that was classic. Every TR game had one other than Legend.

Although from so far of Legend (Got be copy yesterday!) Its looking good, but there is still way to many hints and to many people to kill. Something I hate is when you need to get accross something with your grapple, it has a little sign at the top of the screen, whats the point in that, you should be able to try and figure out that stuff for yourself.

And maybe in TR8, you will be able to go and visit Lara's other Mansion(s) AKA, then one from the other games.

And I also agree, that its a real shame you can't go outside in Legend, maybe something else we'll see in Tomb Raider 8

laraflames
8th Apr 2006, 20:05
Yeah I miss the inventory, they should put that back into TR 8, that was classic. Every TR game had one other than Legend.

Although from so far of Legend (Got be copy yesterday!) Its looking good, but there is still way to many hints and to many people to kill. Something I hate is when you need to get accross something with your grapple, it has a little sign at the top of the screen, whats the point in that, you should be able to try and figure out that stuff for yourself.

And maybe in TR8, you will be able to go and visit Lara's other Mansion(s) AKA, then one from the other games.

And I also agree, that its a real shame you can't go outside in Legend, maybe something else we'll see in Tomb Raider 8

NO NO NO !!!!! yall r lll wrong u collect secerets then next stage then when u beat the game u can explore it DUH!! lol j/k with yall but thats how it is so dont be disopointed;)

mrcube
8th Apr 2006, 20:21
what so can you go outside eventually?

laraflames
8th Apr 2006, 20:25
what so can you go outside eventually?

no that feature still isnt put in afterwards but u can go to everything afterwards even use her bed and wash urself...so i heard lol