PDA

View Full Version : Shutdown Computer

Energy
5th Apr 2006, 16:51
Well, it's kinda funny. I can play TR Legend for like 30 mins and then it just close down every apllication and shut down my computer, and no it not a virus, because it doesn't happen in any other thing, only in that game.

My Computer spec is

Processor AMD 64 4000+ San Diego
Motherboard MSI K8N Neo4-FI
RAM 2 * 512MB Kingston HyperX Dual
Harddisk(e) IBM 7200RPM 360GB
Grafikkort Sapphire X800XT 256MB
Lydkort Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

Im using the newest sound card and gfx driver.

<<<N0Rßy>>>
5th Apr 2006, 19:00
Hy
It's interesting I think you need to clean the computer and try to cold it more than yet, the videocard is shuts down the computer when he too warm.

DABhand
6th Apr 2006, 02:41
Or either HD failure or RAM error can also cause premature shutdowns.

Energy
8th Apr 2006, 08:15
Well, if it was overheat it would just turn off the computer not like windows shut down. It's kinda funny the way it does it, i have never seen something like it before :o

DABhand
8th Apr 2006, 08:43
Hopefully your not overclocking

Energy
8th Apr 2006, 08:46
no im not, and the demo doesn't do this either, kinda lame :(

DABhand
8th Apr 2006, 08:48
I get a sound issue you get shutdowns, im beginning to think they rushed out Tomb Raider Legends.

But there could be a possibility one of your ram sticks has a fault and when trying to read or write to it, it will cause a blue screen of death and shutdown.

GoranAgar
8th Apr 2006, 09:40
The shutdown is a Windows feature that Microsoft thinks is very helpful when an error occurs.

Does not help finding the error, though. So it is usually best to turn that feature off.

Click START > Settings > Control Panel > System

Change to tab Advanced

Under Startup and Recovery click Settings and uncheck the box Automatically restart under System failure.

Now Windows won't restart anymore and you have the chance to find what the problem is.

Energy
8th Apr 2006, 12:07
The shutdown is a Windows feature that Microsoft thinks is very helpful when an error occurs.

Does not help finding the error, though. So it is usually best to turn that feature off.

Click START > Settings > Control Panel > System

Change to tab Advanced

Under Startup and Recovery click Settings and uncheck the box Automatically restart under System failure.

Now Windows won't restart anymore and you have the chance to find what the problem is.

Done this. Doesn't work.
But still my computer doesn't restart it just totally shut down.
I play the game for like 20 mins and then it minimize the game, and 10 secs after it begins to close down every apllication like i had said it should shut down my computer.

www.vsunion.com/DxDiag.txt <- link to my DxDiag

Energy
9th Apr 2006, 08:36
bump

Mowgli
9th Apr 2006, 12:51
I also had TRL crashing my lower-spec machine after a few minutes (machine spec - Athlon 3000+, 1Gb Crucial RAM, ATI Excalibur 9550 256Mb, XP Pro SP2) - so updated everything (including motherboard flash) - and the behaviour continued. Then I found and installed TRL 1.1 patch. Still the same. SO, I thought dodgy machine. Here's the thing - I build many machines, so I put together a similar machine (Sempron 2800, 1Gb Crucial Ram, Nvidia G-Force FX5500 256Mb) and installed a new XP Pro SP2, all the updates, installed my antivirus, and TRL. Thats all that's on the machine. And guess what - still it crashes. And by the way, the first machine runs Far Cry without a hitch, as I am sure this second one will too.

Eidos/Crystal - are you sure your minimum specs are correct?

GoranAgar
10th Apr 2006, 05:49
Done this. Doesn't work.
But still my computer doesn't restart it just totally shut down.
I play the game for like 20 mins and then it minimize the game, and 10 secs after it begins to close down every apllication like i had said it should shut down my computer.

www.vsunion.com/DxDiag.txt <- link to my DxDiag
See if there is a Audigy driver that is younger than 2.5 years.

And also update all your motherboard components drivers.