PDA

View Full Version : Walking lara,

munchkin
5th Apr 2006, 06:34
hi couldn;t remeber which thread had the walking lara discussion, and cause of all the spoiler didn;t want to search to much into every thread right now.

On the PS2 and i imagine both XBOX and 360, lara can walk, with medium, preasure on the analogue stick. it goes like this, alot of preasure is running, a little is creeping medium preasure is walking.

to do a diving forward rol, is the same as a swan dive, just do it on land (PS2 that xthen O)

if you want to manual aim, click the right controls stick button, (ps2 although i imagine it will be similar controls, with the Xbo and 360)

i have no idea how these work on the pc demo, maybe, someoone can try the controls for there useing the same principles, as they are for the consoles, and see what occurs?

beccaxx

hotrippr
5th Apr 2006, 07:54
I have a pc game pad and yes she walks/sneaks/runs with less/more pressure on analog stick, this controller is programmable 12 buttons including clicking the analog sticks. I used to always use my game pad, but now I prefer mouse and keyboard, only for racing and sports games does it prove an advantage to use game pad. For most modern FPS games a mouse and keyboard is so much easier and faster.
Tombraider kinda falls in the middle, there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Logitech cordless rumblepad-not enough buttons for everything, but you can sacrifice some things, analog stick sucks for aiming and moving camera around(mouse is about 1000 times more accurate).

Mouse and keyboard-cant make lara walk, no vibration feedback, its easy to press a wrong key.

I think I will be siding with the rumblepad, you just have to map it out thoughtfully, but I think it will be a matter of preference.

Munchkin if you could post how the ps2 is mapped out it would be easier to think about mapping it out on pc, thanks.

munchkin
5th Apr 2006, 08:16
I have a pc game pad and yes she walks/sneaks/runs with less/more pressure on analog stick, this controller is programmable 12 buttons including clicking the analog sticks. I used to always use my game pad, but now I prefer mouse and keyboard, only for racing and sports games does it prove an advantage to use game pad. For most modern FPS games a mouse and keyboard is so much easier and faster.
Tombraider kinda falls in the middle, there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Logitech cordless rumblepad-not enough buttons for everything, but you can sacrifice some things, analog stick sucks for aiming and moving camera around(mouse is about 1000 times more accurate).

Mouse and keyboard-cant make lara walk, no vibration feedback, its easy to press a wrong key.

I think I will be siding with the rumblepad, you just have to map it out thoughtfully, but I think it will be a matter of preference.

Munchkin if you could post how the ps2 is mapped out it would be easier to think about mapping it out on pc, thanks.

sure i'll do my best :)

the D-pad is inventory, medpacks, weapons, grenades, flaslight/torch

Left analogue stick is movment, run, walk, creep, right analogue is camera angle sometimes needs to be moved same time as left as in farenheit (great game that just played it, am kinda halfway through, really good)

triangle is a variety of things, grap ledge if you don;t hit wuite right, pull etc its kinda the action button circle is roll, crouch, square, is grapple, x is jump, pull up to ledge, etc. there are combinations as wel, like forward x and circle for swan dive or diving roll on land

R1 is fire, L1 is lock on auto aim (use the right stick to switch lock on target)
i can;t remeber of the top of my head wjat L2 or R2 do one of them throws grenades, i do know, i'll pop down and play the demo, quickly to check whats what :)

i htink theres a ps2 controller thread somewhere, but i can;t find it, what with trying to avoid all the spoiler thread titles, and so on.

beccaxx

munchkin
5th Apr 2006, 08:36
R2 is throw genade or flare.
L2 is recentre camera, and access to HUB?

select is PDA access, start is pause, and menu options,

:)

hope that helps.

beccaxx

hotrippr
5th Apr 2006, 18:51
R2 is throw genade or flare.
L2 is recentre camera, and access to HUB?

select is PDA access, start is pause, and menu options,

:)

hope that helps.

beccaxx
Yes it did help. Now here are my configurations for Logitech Cordless Rumblepad2(exact same layout as ps2 controller and highly recommended for pc):
(Important note: I have the analog mode light so it is off)

Left analog stick: controls movement run/walk/creep/
Click down on left analog is Vehicles/switch targets

Right Analogue Stick: move Camera
Click down right analog stick to reset camera/HUD

Dpad up: Health
Dpad down: switch weapons
Dpad right: Binocs
Dpad left: PLS light

Now the action buttons, because game pads are numbered differently, in the game, buttons start at 0, my controller starts at 1, so it is off by 1, this may get confusing so think of a clock:

At nine o clock(button1 for me): roll/crouch
six o clock (button 2): jump
three o clock (button3): use
twelve o clock (button 4): grapple

Now the rest are described in relation to a ps2 controller
select (button 9 for me): PDA
Start (button 10): pause
L1 lower (button5): Lock target
L2 upper (button 7): Manual aim
R1 lower (button 6): shoot
R2 upper (button 8): grenade

There you have all keys mapped to controller on PC, at first I thought it was impossible to map everything on to my controller I was wrong. Great job eidos/CD to enable full use with this game pad. Like I said before the rumble is all great.
Thanks to munchkin, it gave me a great starting place.

Munchkin I think you should change the title of this thread to something like "PS2/PC game pad configurations"

munchkin
5th Apr 2006, 19:31
i'm so glad it helped :) sounds like you put insome effort to do it :) i forgot one thing, the triangle button, when in aim mode, is for kicking oponants. this can be fun :)

beccaxx