PDA

View Full Version : Legends demo plays extremely fast

DylanW
5th Apr 2006, 01:42
Hi all, I just downloaded the demo and I'm having issues getting to run properly. Basically Lara seems to be on speed, in the game and in the background of the main menu she moves at about three to four times of the normal rate. Also all the enviromental effects like moving water and the wind moving the leaves are sped up. But in the various cut scenes everything is normal. Any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to add system specs.

Athlon 64 X2 4400+ CPU
2GB RAM
NVidia GeForce 7800 GTX video card
ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard

hotrippr
5th Apr 2006, 03:54
Hi all, I just downloaded the demo and I'm having issues getting to run properly. Basically Lara seems to be on speed, in the game and in the background of the main menu she moves at about three to four times of the normal rate. Also all the enviromental effects like moving water and the wind moving the leaves are sped up. But in the various cut scenes everything is normal. Any ideas?

Edit: Forgot to add system specs.

Athlon 64 X2 4400+ CPU
2GB RAM
NVidia GeForce 7800 GTX video card
ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard
Play around with some of the Nvidia 3d settings, sorry I am unfamiliar with Nvidia as I have ati. If you can, set some of the things to 'let app decide".

WaLLy3K
5th Apr 2006, 04:17
It sounds very similar to the dual core issues that Counter Strike 1.6 recieves.

Read this (http://whisper.ausgamers.com/wiki/index.php/Fps_problems#Process_Affinities) and see if that helps you.

Jurjen
5th Apr 2006, 08:14
Yes. This is indeed a dual core issue. If you can lock the game on one CPU the problem disappears. A patch for the game will probably fix this.

hotrippr
5th Apr 2006, 08:22
Eidos will tell you to press control alt delete and set affinity, but this is assuming the game wont crash while doing so, if it doesnt then ok, but if you rather set it permanently until a patch is released use this tool to create a command shortcut:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsExec.html
I have used this on games that didnt do well with dualcore/HT and it works great.

bugz
18th Apr 2006, 04:26
I have this problem too with the full version on a dual core processor.

Is there a tested way of making it run on one core?
I tried Ctrl+Alt+Del to set affinity but the game won't startup again, just comes up with a black screen.

And I have no idea how to use that psexec.exe tool, has anyone even tried it? I'd really like a solution to this problem.

Thanks