PDA

View Full Version : Why CSF haven´t a Dedicated Server?

Murkdog
5th Apr 2006, 00:57
the most of multiplayer games have a option or program that start a dedicated server for the game, why commandos hasn´t it?
:eek:

is possible create a program for a dedicated server for CSF?

Thanks for the answer and sorry for my bad english.

rsantos
5th Apr 2006, 10:41
I think when they release the first patch it will solve some of the issues that multiplayer gaming has wich this game hasn't. so until then we have to wait and pray that they can manage to give answer to all this issues.:thumbsup:

3degs
12th Apr 2006, 11:12
Please SUPPORT.

Dedicated server is nr1 priority + all ping issues.

intrepid_soul
10th May 2006, 22:15
In essence if you are the host you are a dedicated server. There is no hosted server. The matchmaking software just matches you up with a list of the first couple people that have hosted games. So the ping issues are a result of various issues, usually firewall software.

3degs
10th May 2006, 23:38
Please add dedicated files so people can host without having to have the full game running alltime eating resources.

Similar to Call of Duty.

Commandos is a good and fun game but without single dedicated files. The game will go down online. Its sad because i really liked the game.

3degs
3rd Jun 2006, 18:03
Iam sad to see no replies what so ever on this matter.

intrepid_soul
9th Jun 2006, 18:47
In essence if you are the host you are a dedicated server. There is no hosted server. The matchmaking software just matches you up with a list of the first couple people that have hosted games. So the ping issues are a result of various issues, usually firewall software.

Why am I quoting myself? Its to answer the question above. Your game is a server. If you want to buy two copies and put one up on a dedicated machine go for it.

3degs
9th Jun 2006, 21:06
Why am I quoting myself? Its to answer the question above. Your game is a server. If you want to buy two copies and put one up on a dedicated machine go for it.

Buy 2 copies of the game if i want to support the game and put up a dedictated 24hr server. Well thats why this game is already sold as budget in sweden. Next time the may learn that people want dedicated software to keep it alive online.