PDA

View Full Version : Lara - English?

StarChampagne
4th Apr 2006, 18:12
She is, isn't she? Well... the loading screen in the demo has the word 'rumor'... which is the American spelling. I'm not quite sure what the point of this is, but I was just wondering if it was a typo, or if it was intended to be like that. Because Lara would spell it as 'rumour'.

Notts Raider
4th Apr 2006, 18:26
If its in the copywrite thing at the beginning it will be spelt in american

Mangar The Dark
4th Apr 2006, 18:45
Yeah, unless she's actually supposed to have written it, I don't think they should necessarily use the English spelling on a US release. (I haven't yet played the demo, so I'm not sure about the context of where the words appears.)

GumbyTheBorg
4th Apr 2006, 19:16
Yeah, unless she's actually supposed to have written it, I don't think they should necessarily use the English spelling on a US release. (I haven't yet played the demo, so I'm not sure about the context of where the words appears.)

WHAT !!! Lara didn't write this? NOOOOO!

*Throws a tamtrem*

You're lying you sniggets, just like you always do. We all know Lara writes her own stuff and you're just trying to make her look bad. She did too write her own stuff!

*Goes to the corner and cries*

GumbyTheBorg

StarChampagne
4th Apr 2006, 21:08
Well if she spelt it 'rumor' it must have been her agent... or her american spellchecker... conspiracy theories anyone? :)

Faye
5th Apr 2006, 14:05
I think that this is something we're going to have to let slip. After all, languages are always going to be a bit iffy, especially when you think of it this way: imagine if your first language was French, and you didn't speak English, and you had to play the game in French, then all the writing would be in French! But that doesn't mean that Lara really speaks French in the story, that's just for the benefit of French speaking players. So I think this is something to do with whoever was in charge of writing the stuff for the game, I think they didn't bother making an English version. I suppose it would've been annoying to go and make a whole other version, when we can understand American English anyway. I don't know why it was American English to begin with though! Maybe because there is more Americans than there are English people. It seems daft though, what with it originally being an English game. I've heard that Crystal Dynamics are American? Didn't Toby Gard found them though? Did he just go over to the USA then, and founded it over there?

StarChampagne
5th Apr 2006, 18:49
Hmmm.... this was a pretty pointless thread. Just so you know, I'm *not* a nitpicker! And it just goes to show, if the only thing I could find in the demo was that something was spelt differently, it must be a great demo :)

dhama
5th Apr 2006, 19:02
We English have a saying "c'est la vie" ;) ............:confused: ............ :eek: .......... :rolleyes: