PDA

View Full Version : The New Official "What was your favourite Tomb Raider Game?" including Legend

CatSuit&Ponytail
4th Apr 2006, 14:06
As originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail ;)

Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider Gold http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PyramidBoxesTR1.gif

Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider II Gold http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PyramidBoxesTR2.gif

Tomb Raider III, Tomb Raider: The Lost Artifact http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PyramidBoxesTR3.gif

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation , Tomb Raider: Chronicles http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PyramidBoxesTR4.gif

Tomb Raider: The Angel Of Darkness or Tomb Raider: Legend http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PyramidBoxesTR6-7.gif

GoranAgar
4th Apr 2006, 14:18
Here is our first poll for the games Tomb Raider 1 to Tomb Raider Chronicles.

http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/PollResultsAsOfSept92003.jpg (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110)

CatSuit&Ponytail
4th Apr 2006, 14:30
And the second.... ;)
http://www.catagar.com/cat/files/Poll2.jpg (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=24053)

Acceber
9th Apr 2006, 13:55
Legend is my new all time favourite Tomb Raider game. I'm not finished yet. But I love it 110%. Thank you, CD and Eidos. :thumbsup:

Lone Raider
10th Apr 2006, 22:42
I've borrowed my mate's TR3 today. I'm already in love with it again...the atmosphere and everything... Legend has thrown me back into the old games I can say that. I even play it in german, heck , anything is better than jump+run Lara Lite . (TRL ) Legend is pretty. Pretty boring.

Now I'm looking forward to weeks of gaming fun... I've forgotten loads from TR3... as I said elsewhere, in my eyes the best of the series. Loads of levels. Loads of temples. Loads of secrets. Loadss of paths. Precise movement, and yes, beautiful surroundings. Oh, and intelligent puzzles.

Beat that, Crystal Dynamics!

masterc
14th Apr 2006, 14:38
after legend i wanted to go back and re-live lara adventures. im currently on tr1 but i dont know which one to do(which game) next any ideas?:confused:

Kiopo
14th Apr 2006, 22:12
I've borrowed my mate's TR3 today. I'm already in love with it again...the atmosphere and everything... Legend has thrown me back into the old games I can say that. I even play it in german, heck , anything is better than jump+run Lara Lite . (TRL ) Legend is pretty. Pretty boring.

Now I'm looking forward to weeks of gaming fun... I've forgotten loads from TR3... as I said elsewhere, in my eyes the best of the series. Loads of levels. Loads of temples. Loads of secrets. Loadss of paths. Precise movement, and yes, beautiful surroundings. Oh, and intelligent puzzles.

Beat that, Crystal Dynamics!

:D

TR3 was awesome... not sure if i liked that or TR4 more :confused:

Legend was a bit simplistic, and short.. looked good though!

thoran6
21st Apr 2006, 18:04
TR 2 is what i am playing now. Legend was awfulllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll. TR 2 is a real game. Thanx for this thread, maybe all of the non Legend lovers wont get blasted here for not liking it so much..

grubman
22nd Apr 2006, 17:03
Legend is OK.

But it's not Tomb Raider.

Rose662
26th Apr 2006, 05:17
Sorry, I cannot answer. :)

winston
30th Apr 2006, 16:55
Last Revelation for me :)
I see it came second in the other two polls :thumbsup:

Im not surprised. It was the first TR i played and i was very impressed with it. I love how the levels interlink, i love how easy it is to defeat Horus :D, i love the crossbow with explosive ammo, and i looooove the Egyptian setting!

10 out of 10 from me :thumbsup:

laralicious
30th Apr 2006, 17:29
What's the difference between 2 and 2 gold and stuff?
Chronicles and Legend for me

Sophia Leigh
1st May 2006, 00:49
What's the difference between 2 and 2 gold and stuff?

TR1, 2 & 3 have their own little sequels available on PC only and are known as gold levels.

1st May 2006, 07:19
I voted Legend. It was a hard choice between TR1 and Legend, mainly because Legend has made the future of TR games much brighter. Shes had a revamp in controls, look and shes ready to raid the next gen of games, competing for the top spot once again! :D

Straw Dog
1st May 2006, 08:34
I think if I wasn't replaying the old games now (Just completed TR4 now on TR3) i might have voted for legend purely because I'd forgotten just how good the old ones were (its been several years since I payed a last generation tomb raider)

But honestly people, replaying the old ones is a very good idea. Legend is fantastic, But CD's tomb raiders are really not as good as the old tomb raiders.... yet.

TR3 for me, its got everything you want from a Tomb Raider, plus its a long meaty epic experience which really can keep you occupied for months (before you've completed it)

mendhak
7th May 2006, 11:01
I've only completed two levels on TR:Legend, but I find it to be the best in the series. It's very fresh, and a lot of thought has gone into it.

I'd also go so far as to say that this game is going to be close to one of the best games of all time, right up there with "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time".

Rasko
8th May 2006, 20:33
The original TR is still my favorite. There was just something magical about the experience that the sequels couldn't recapture. TRII came close, but the original is still the best imo.

uzigirl
9th May 2006, 07:01
It's a difficult choice as I loved the old classics but Legend is my fav, maybe until I play the old ones again. :D

JANKERSON
12th May 2006, 16:13
I voted for AOD and Legend, but I liked TR1 too back in 1996.

jason
14th May 2006, 08:36
I voted for TRL but it just doesnt seem to have the amout of level enemies that the rest have e.g. TR3:t-rex,raptors and a shark or 2 in the underwater part.

Stiletto
16th May 2006, 17:25
hmm, is this really a fair poll?

the Gold "games" were free!!! add-ons created by an Eidos team to give the fans something extra. They should not be compared to the full games Core designed.
Comparing these free add-on levels to separate levels from the full games would be fairer and I think that I for one might vote for one of the free levels as the best level.

That said, comparing the full games I have voted for the original TR. None of the other games comes close to it's admosphere. It's the game that made me a gamer.

simon123456789
24th May 2006, 14:18
tomb raider 3 was the best by far nothing can beat it and how come ppl all think that legend is the best its a gd game yes but! its the shortest game of the tomb raiders, and the puzzels r simple, i did'nt even complete tr3 but yet its the best 1:thumbsup: , any one agree with me?

simon123456789
24th May 2006, 14:20
I've only completed two levels on TR:Legend, but I find it to be the best in the series. It's very fresh, and a lot of thought has gone into it.

I'd also go so far as to say that this game is going to be close to one of the best games of all time, right up there with "Prince of Persia: Sands of Time". hahahahaha lol m8 wait till u complete it lol level 2 u on now im guessing u'll complete it in another 4-5 hours then tell me its the best game ever!lol

Sophia Leigh
24th May 2006, 23:39
I just can't decide which is my favourite :nut: , I love them all! :D

susan
28th May 2006, 05:45
In a way it seems unfair to compare Legend with the others because it is a different type of game. And, it has fantastically updated graphics which skews the comparison too.

I really like Legend, it's fun and interesting. They've done some good with things with Lara's character and movements (I still think combined with 3D control elements would improve them further, but they're nice enough). :thumbsup: :cool:

But, the truth is beyond the gloss and froth of newness, added emotion and more detailed graphics, it doesn't compare to the immersion of the early TR games. The gameplay separated from the cutscenes is not a match for TR1-4. Missing in action = suspense, fear, puzzlement and exploration.

If I'm forced to pick my order is:

TR 3/1 joint first
TR4
TR2
Legend
AoD
TR5

But I like them all and the gap between 1st and last place is small.

It also doesn't mean that I don't like Legend or won't be looking forward to the next one, I am and very much too. I don't want the developers to throw away the changes they've made either. But it would be nice if they could incorporate some of MIA stuff from the old games. :) :cool:

Joshorty
15th Jun 2006, 23:26
It'll always be Tomb Raider. The others are Tomb Raider but not this kind of Tomb Raider..nothing else can be compared. It just can't..not even Legends (it was GREAT though it just can't...)

amazonian
18th Jun 2006, 16:18
Chronicles and Legend for me[/QUOTE]

Yup I whole heartedly agree:)

antianara
19th Jul 2006, 08:50
last revelation will always be my favourite (because of the locations), but i really, really enjoyed legend.

Mangar The Dark
7th Aug 2006, 20:55
Last Revelation wins it for me... that was really an epic. Great story, great locations, new types of puzzles, good balance of combat and exploring. I mean, really, what more could a TR fan ask?

TR1 probably comes in second place.

The only TR game I really disliked was TR2.

Kiopo
7th Aug 2006, 21:28
last revelation... brilliant music as well, a real stunner. legend was good but didnt feel much like tomb raider to me, and i cant finish angel of darkness because the controls are just so awful.. i cant believe they didnt fix it :(

butters226
7th Sep 2006, 04:39
Last Revelation for me. It was the first PS1 game I ever played. And it took me about 2 years to beat without strategy guides or walkthroughs. I didn't realize they had those. But the story, scenery, puzzles, and music makes it my favorite. TR3 and TR2 are a close 2nd.

fozzy
14th Sep 2006, 18:40
TR2 my first and still fav:)

Headache
14th Sep 2006, 23:20
Every original TR is on my list, including AOD and Legend :thumbsup:

Terminatorvs
13th Oct 2006, 07:43
"Legend" - for me. I played every other "TR", and I still think, that "Legend" is the best - this is the game, that was most fun playing.
The least favorite (disappointing, I'd say) was "AoD". You know what? I'm going to test my will power soon: I'm going to install the game and complete it. That would be a test! :)

aussie500
13th Oct 2006, 21:53
Tomb Raider II is still my favourite, bit harder than Tomb Raider I, but still enjoyable. Although l have completed all the others, the Core ones from 3-6, l did not find to be as much fun as the first 2 games

shirl123
14th Oct 2006, 00:10
TR 1 and TR 2 always have been and always will be my favourite! no matter how "old" they are. they have a diffrent quality [compared to other games, they have something diffrent], and it's top, IMO.
the games I disliked (and still do) are TRLR and AOD. I don't need to say much about AOD, but TRLR just...bored me in every way possible. both have their highlights, it isn't all bad, but there aren't enough of them for me to like those games.

as for the full list:
TR 1 & 2
TR 3
TR: Legend
TR:C
TRLR
AOD

Gold versions:
TR 2: golden mask
TR 3: lost artifact
TR1: unfinished business

ditom
1st Nov 2006, 20:08
Chronicles and LEGEND

Joshorty
1st Nov 2006, 22:24
but TRLR just...bored me in every way possible. both have their highlights, it isn't all bad, but there aren't enough of them for me to like those games.
I have to agree with you there. It was like Tomb Raider III except worse...not that they're SO SO BAD but yeah..plain simple - they were kinda boring. But I don't blame CORE for that, for they're being requested year after year to make more and that is mind bogglin' stressful..I'd lose out ideas too.

flygirl
18th Dec 2006, 15:17
SUGGESTION TO EIDOS:
HEY TOMB RAIDERS!
LEGENDS WAS FANTASTIC!! WOULDN'T IT BE FAB IF THEY RELEASED EARLIER VERSIONS OF THE TOMB RAIDER GAMES REDONE?? SAME STORY LINES, BUT WITH NEW IMPROVED GRAPHICS...
THE ORIGINAL GAME WILL NEVER HAVE THE SAME GAME PLAY AS PLAYING FOR THE FIRST TIME-REMEMBER THE DAYS...BUT IT COULD LOOK SO MUCH BETTER. LEGENDS WAS EXTRODINARY, WOULD ENJOY SHOOTING THE DINOSAURS WITH MORE PIXELS WOULDNT YOU...? MANY OF THE EXOTIC LOCALS COULD BE POLISHED UP A BIT...

"YOU CAN DO IT PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT!!"

GoranAgar
18th Dec 2006, 16:41
SUGGESTION TO EIDOS:
HEY TOMB RAIDERS!
LEGENDS WAS FANTASTIC!! WOULDN'T IT BE FAB IF THEY RELEASED EARLIER VERSIONS OF THE TOMB RAIDER GAMES REDONE?? SAME STORY LINES, BUT WITH NEW IMPROVED GRAPHICS...
THE ORIGINAL GAME WILL NEVER HAVE THE SAME GAME PLAY AS PLAYING FOR THE FIRST TIME-REMEMBER THE DAYS...BUT IT COULD LOOK SO MUCH BETTER. LEGENDS WAS EXTRODINARY, WOULD ENJOY SHOOTING THE DINOSAURS WITH MORE PIXELS WOULDNT YOU...? MANY OF THE EXOTIC LOCALS COULD BE POLISHED UP A BIT...

"YOU CAN DO IT PUT YOUR BACK INTO IT!!"
You get your wish granted next year with Tomb Raider Anniversary.

http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=208

JunoJIm
7th Jan 2007, 03:05
Hey Goran !!! Good to see you & Cat Suit again !!!

Of course I voted for TR III. It has it all.

I'm playing TR II at the moment, because we saw some scenes from Venice on a tour DVD, and I told my wife "that's in TR II !!!" Then I got into the game, so I'm in the opera house again, dodging sand bags - LOL, remember that ???

Legend reminded me of so many of the "run & shoot" games you see everywhere. I play TR for relaxation. I don't want to play a game that leaves me so hyped up I can't go to sleep. :D

Where's everybody else ??? I guess I'll have to take a look around - haven't visited for a while...

Godfather77
14th Jan 2007, 03:58
This may have been discussed countless times before but since this is only my 4th post I thought I'd bring it up again :lol:

In my oppinion the best was TR2 due to it's longevity & cutting edge gameplay when it was originally released. TR4 was pretty good also as its' plotline & finale took Lara in a new and unforseen direction.

If your wondering why I never picked TR Legend as the best, it's because it was far too short :mad2:

LaraGirl216
14th Jan 2007, 08:29
:) I agree with the fact that TR2 was my favourite. But it was close because I loved TRLR (tomb raider 4), TR1 and TRL.

Sorin
14th Jan 2007, 10:32
Legend is the only one I've really played, so it wins by default. I did play Angel of Darkness for about 5 minutes a few years ago, since it came free with some graphics card that I bought. Boy was that game a turn off. It really was only 5 minutes, or somewhere between 5 and 10. It sucked. Or at least the controls sucked so bad that I didn't bother playing it again. Something about it sucked because I never played it long enough to make my way out of the alley or rooftops or whatever the beginning of the level was (it's been a few years). And since it had been free, it was no skin off my back.

I can only hope Crystal makes TR8 (I'm skipping TRA in the numbering sequence here) as fun and entertaining as Legend was - though at the bare minimum 4-5 times longer (based on a conservative 6-7 hour mark for TRL)!

xbaa
14th Jan 2007, 10:57
My favorite game was the last revelation, it was the longest, the best puzzles, the best story, and i loved the new theme song.
Chronicles had some great bits but it was so short.
I loved legend it was definitely one of the best tomb raider games but i didn't pick it for the following reasons:
-spoon-feeding us what to do like the rad mode or the shiny objects.
-the game was short (goes without saying)
-the story seemed kind of lame, you know since lara is british and the developers are american why not make a story that would make lara seems very british ? so we'll talk about king Arthur !, i didn't think it was the best they can come up with.

Sorin
14th Jan 2007, 11:23
-spoon-feeding us what to do like the rad mode or the shiny objects.

The lazy in me liked the spoon-feeding, though the gamer did not, and the gamer prevails here.

If anyone has played Legend of Oasis for the Sega Saturn, you'll know what I'm talking about as far as object-environment interaction goes. There were NO hints whatsoever on which items you could interact with. You had a wrist-guard device thingy that was used to summon different spirits that you collected along the way. You fire this thing at an element associated with that spirit in order to summon them to you. There was a spirit for water, fire, earth, sound, shade (shadows, ghosts, etc), and air. For the water spirit, anything watery would work. A pond, a stream, even drops of water dripping from ceilings in caves would work (if you were l33t enough to hit one anyways). And so on for each spirit. The environments in this game were quite complex with the ability to summon any number of the spirits (though you can only ever have one active at a time) in a single area. The trick was figuring out which one would work best for your current situation and then figuring out a way to summon them with your given environment. This was complicated by the environments being such that you could always summon at least 2-3 of them. This game was an exploring and puzzle solving game just like Tomb Raider, but you were totally and completely on your own with no hints. It was purely about your ability to evaluate your situation and MacGyver your way out of it.

Nothing was blatantly pointed out like it is in Legend. No RAD mode, no shiny, gleaming metal objects, nothing. You had to sit there and figure it out on your own. Although it did cause the game to be quite difficult in many places, it made finally finding a solution so that you could move on very satisfying. Enhanced by the fact that there wasn't always just one way to solve your problem.

The next TR after TRA has great potential, especially if it can go along with this idea. I don't think it would be too hard for them to implement an option to control the hints. That way RAD mode, Zip/Alister, shiny metal objects could be there for those that wanted them, and none of that could be there for those that wanted to figure it out on their own. Let us grapple all the metal in sight until we find something that works. Let us stand on top of everything until something works. Etc.

Might of been a bit off topic, but I thought it was at least somewhat appropriate, given xbaa's comments. :)

Still <3 TRL though, and very much looking forward to TRA.

Godfather77
14th Jan 2007, 13:43
LaraGirl & xbaaa I agree TR4 was really good. It came a close second to TR2 as I felt at the time it helped bring the series back on track after TR3. That's not to say TR3 wasn't any good but I remember when playing TR3 I kind of felt a bit let down after the great TR2. In a way it was reminiscant of Angel of Darkness and other games (i.e. Dirge of Cerberus) where the developers spend too much time on the animations & not enough time on the actual game play experience.

Sorin your thoughts are pretty much the same as mine. Although TR Legends was a huge step in the right direction, as I've said the game was far too short in comparison to others I've played. The bosses & enemies were easy to beat and although the plotline was good, it was easy to guess what was going to happen next in the story. I did very much like the twist at the end of the story as when I thought about what the other reality might be like, it reminded me of the weird cloud like levels at the end of TR2 :)

I am not too thrilled that the game makers have decided to jump backwards for TR Anniversary. Whilst this may attract new gamers, what will someone who has played the entire series get frm the experience? :scratch:
If they wanted to do this alongside a move forward in the series I would be far happier.

Anyhow getting back on track, if I had to pick an order of the games I'd prob say:

TR2
TR4
TR 1
TR5 & TR Legend (tied)
TR3
TR Angel of Darkness

rabid metro
14th Jan 2007, 16:51
In my oppinion the best was TR2 due to it's longevity & cutting edge gameplay when it was originally released.

having played them all, to me TR7-Legend is the best. perhaps because it is the latest, or perhaps because of its look and easy control scheme, etc. i think the obvious hinting was necessary in TR7, to bring a mass audience back to the game and the shortness was in part due to the risk/cost factor in reinventing the game successfully. I hope the sequel to TR7 (i.e. TR8) has less hinting and a longer storyline since TR7 was such a huge success. i hope Crystal Dynamics has considered that and it is, in part, a reason why they are planning TR8 for 2008 instead of 2007.

in other news .... TRX-10th anniversary, due later this year, can easily become my new all time favorite since it appears to be beautiful, easy to control and not just a rehash of TR1, which had decent puzzles.
(ummm ... i prefer TRX to TRA since i'm anticipating TRX2 and TRX3 :rolleyes: ...)

my past favorites:
TR2 (i liked the secrets system-gold, silver, jade, in that game the best)
TR1 (just cause it was new and awesome at the time...)
TR4 (last revelation, very challenging, maybe even tied for second place...)
TR5 (chronicles, very good actually but a little too short ...)
TR3 (was a little overly ambitious and seemed to have lost focus ...)
TR6 (my favorite lara look, but the gameplay was wierd)

floydthebarber
14th Jan 2007, 22:35
For me it was the original. I did not play any game after 4, and before Legend.

1) TR1 (Perfect atmosphere, great maps, unique experience)

2) TR2 (Playing it again now, complex puzzles, complex moves, challenging and fun)

3) TR3 (Huge areas, lots of exploration, many enemies)

4) TLR (slightly changed the controls, excellent maps, good story)

5) Legend (I have said enough about this :nut: )

Graphics are more than secondary to me; if the game is challenging, has a good story and creates an immersing world, than I could care less about cutting-edge graphics. It's funny however, that I am always upgrading my graphics card! :scratch:

aussie500
14th Jan 2007, 23:32
Tomb Raider 1 is my favorite, closely followed by Tomb Raider 2

amerater18
18th Jan 2007, 04:21
My best Tomb Raider was TR3 because it was my first gaming experience that intoduced me to the Tomb raider world. As I'm proud to say that I'm addicted to this game like forever! I like it coz it brings the levels that you would take HOURS and DAYS to finish. I know i did as i can recall the next level in TR3 in india, it was tough for me and 4 ma cousin we spent like 3 days and 4 hours trying to solve it. CAN U BELIEVE IT? 3 days and 4 hours? I mean i couldn't believe it. But it was soo cool everything in Tomb Raider 3 was amazingggggg and so TR2 it's mind blasting but TR1 is wonderfull don't get me wrong guys but the graphics is like **** .... anyway, i'm looking forward for TR anniversary coz i played TR1 but not all of it and i really like to see an advanced version of it.

TRs ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK:D

ahimsa
19th Jan 2007, 08:14
TR:TLR was and is my most favorite
TR:3
TR:1
TR:Chronicles
TR:2

As a PoP game, Legend was pretty good

tizerist
22nd Jan 2007, 20:09
TR4 > TR4 > TR4> TR4 > TR4 > TR4 > TR4 > TR4 > TR4 > TR4 > TR1 > TR3 > TR2 > TR5

cos it was the biggest , longest, prettiest, most atmospheric, darkest, and epic of them all by a country mile.

-DC-
25th Jan 2007, 14:14
Hola folks :)

This looks like as good a place as any to chime in on these forums :)

My vote went to TR-2 as it was my first experience with the TR series. I have played 1-5 so far and will be starting AOD soon followed by Legend. My goal is to finish these before Anniversary comes out but time is not on my side atm :(

winston
4th Mar 2007, 22:03
I have never played any of the PC only extra games after TR 1,2 and 3, and I have already voted but i just wanted to amend since playing Legend.

1- TR4- the absolute best, can't fault it. So atmospheric, brilliant, intriguing, makes you want to play more and more! I only wish my first go at it hadnt been with a level guide:rolleyes:

2- TR1- Because it's the first, and the levels are amazing

3- TR2 and TR5- I can't choose! :D TR5 is probably too short for me, but I love Rome and Germany. TR2- The monastery? And Venice??:rolleyes:

4- AOD. Now i genuinely did like this game but I thought it was clunky

5-Legend- Too short by far, but the graphics were amazing and the moves a lot smoother. Also loved Peru and Ghana :)

6- TR3- doesnt deserve to be coming in last, and it's not my least fave game AT ALL (because its mean to make me choose!) but the ending is by far the most difficult out of all the games, and I didnt like the fact that I didnt have any weapons and had to cheat for them. However, brilliant levels, especially London and All Hallows.

Tigerman68
6th Mar 2007, 03:54
Are we allowed to have three favorites?? :D

If so, I'd pick TR1, TR Last Revelation, and TR Legend. Here's why...

TR1 - From the first steps of Lara's adventure, I felll in love with the game and with her. I remember spending six hours, yes...six hours, on the first scene that introduced Lara's ability to push stones (remember the room?). I was lost and couldn't find my way out and loved every moment of it. The original is hard to beat because it just bonded me with this adventure that is now 10 years in the making.

TR Last Revlation - Perhaps the most complete TR game of the series. You had improved graphics and an excellent story line. The levels were challenging and the game was long.

TR Legend - Revived what I once feared to be gone. Legend brought Lara back better than ever. For that, I am grateful...honestly. I had stopped researching TR for a couple of years after what AOD did to the franchise. It looked like it was going to be impossible to see Lara in another adventure again. I remember sitting down at my computer in the summer of 05 and thought, what the heck...I'll see if there's anything out there. Much to my surprise, I saw what was being discussed as the rebirth of TR...Tomb Raider Legend. Since then, I've not stopped being excited about this franchise. It was like something that was important to me that had been taken away was now given back to me. Plus, Legend brought us the best graphics to date. Lara never looked better!

Out of those three, it is hard to say. I do believe, however, that nothing will ever be able to replace the excitement I had for the game while I was playing TR1. Now, all other TR experiences are just building on that!

Are there any dry eyes out there? :D

JunoJIm
9th Mar 2007, 05:30
Hi all !!!

CS&P - The distribution of your poll is looking interesting...

I still favor the older games - more relaxing :D

I'm still playing the custom games, in between a few others...

LisaB1962
9th Mar 2007, 16:54
I love TR3. I love the variety in locations, the weapons, the music, the vehicles. Yes, it's the hardest game, but *sniff* I enjoy it.

Mad Axeman
16th Mar 2007, 14:29
All time fave= TR3.
Although I am playing Last revelation at mo and forgot how good it is (apart from getting stuck on the scenery while swimming Aaaaargh)

Call me a moron and paint me pink, but what are these 'Gold' games???

Sophia Leigh
19th Mar 2007, 01:32
All time fave= TR3.
Although I am playing Last revelation at mo and forgot how good it is (apart from getting stuck on the scenery while swimming Aaaaargh)

Call me a moron and paint me pink, but what are these 'Gold' games???

The Gold games are small sequels to their counterparts. They are only available on PC. You can download TR1 gold (Unfinished Business) and TR2 gold (the Golden Mask) from www.tombraiderchronicles.com for free and play them if you have TR1 and TR already installed on your PC. They were originally packaged with TR1 and TR2as a special edition. TR3 gold (the Lost Artifact) you need to buy separately and you can play it even if you don't have TR3 installed on your PC. There is also a TR4 gold known as the Times Exclusive, which you can also download from the pre-metioned link.

:)

gaetano
19th Mar 2007, 04:36
I'd say TR2 because it was the first contact that fired me to buy all the others. I remember that even then the little graphic gap was not in favor of TR1 for me but anyway... I'm confident TRA will reconciliate me with the serie and I'm eager to put my hand on it.:) Maybe the first game you play is determinant in this appreciation at some point.

Lo
19th Mar 2007, 20:56
I was torn between TR4 and The Lost Artefact!

Both games boast their uniquely great levels but I voted for the latter for I like to get inside the Nessie machine! I also like the level 'It's A Madhouse' which revolves around a zoo.

If you don't walk or run Lara near to the gates for pick-ups then the red car is not activated. You can enter the tiger area and see it pass down the French street as you enter that area and I like to always challenge the game in this way!

TR4 was an excellent game too but I am always stuck at the rope-swinging part and I am stuck there presently in that rather large room. There are two ropes and a big drop. I am on the first rope and am swinging to grab the second in order to reach the far ledge but even though I have adjusted my gait, I still continue to miss the rope number two :D

It is such a long drop so I have to reload before she dies as the loading times are very slow - I believe there is a fix patch for this but I am yet to investigate and download this patch.

Lo :)

Miss. Croft
29th Mar 2007, 10:53
My favourite TR game must be the first. I like the puzzles and the adventuring and the animals, but i also liked TR2 that one was good too!:D

Lo
10th Apr 2007, 22:01
My favourite TR game must be the first. I like the puzzles and the adventuring and the animals, but i also liked TR2 that one was good too!:D

Yes TR2 always holds a special place in my heart for it was the first of the games I bought and played :) They are all so good in their own way!

G1orkatsos
12th Apr 2007, 12:59
tomb raider 4 all the way...
It was more about exploration, hard puzles(don't know if i write it right) and less about shooting and killing...
also it was long(took me 3 months to end it...),had large levels...
for me it had that feeling of the first tomb raider but bigger and better...

Phlip
12th Apr 2007, 13:15
---

---

Wow! The polls' images have changed.

You know, TRL could have been my favourite if CD had more time to finish it, and if the story was better along with some things chnaged to make it more like Cores way of creating a TR game I could really like it a lot :D

zakker
12th Apr 2007, 18:18
i think that tomb raider 4 the last revelation is the best version. it has every thing from hard puzzles, moderate enemies, easy to handle final boss, non linear levels, so many levels, make sence story, egyptian temples and pyramids that exists.

what do you think?:rolleyes:

Atheist
12th Apr 2007, 18:40
No, for me Last Revalation seemed like a drag, it just kept going on and on and on and I kept forgetting what the plot was. It seemed that everything was random and had little or no/too much logic to some of the puzzles that it became annoying.

Tiara
12th Apr 2007, 18:49
The best TR was the first one and this should be in the general discussion section ;)

Mangar The Dark
12th Apr 2007, 18:52
i think that tomb raider 4 the last revelation is the best version. it has every thing from hard puzzles, moderate enemies, easy to handle final boss, non linear levels, so many levels, make sence story, egyptian temples and pyramids that exists.

I agree with you-- TR4 was the best. It had the best puzzle variety, a good balance of exploration/fighting, a story that was actually interesting (and made sense), and the atmosphere throughout was great.

Phlip
12th Apr 2007, 18:55
This should be in general TR discussion seeing as it's not about AE specificly :)

I thought TR6 was very good, and had a lot of efort put into it :)

Mertz523
12th Apr 2007, 18:56
Ah, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation :rolleyes:

This was the first TR game I ever bought and defeated all the way through. It will always hold a special place in my heart as the game that got me into Tomb Raider.

Despite that previous paragraph, I would have to say Tomb Raider II, the second TR game I bought and beat, is the best TR game. It had a wide range of fun and interesting things to do. Venice and the Tibetan Foothills stick out in my mind. Almost every single level in that game is enjoyable. TLR had some moments that had me hurling obscenities and beating couch cushions because of their difficulty. I've had moments like that with almost every other game, but moreso with TLR 'cuz I was still somewhat of a video game novice. Having to include GameShark codes to it finally got me past my obstacles. The one I DEFINITELY needed was Infinite Air for the water mazes in the Underneath the Sphinx level. I eventually got through the game, which yes, I have to admit, has the best story becuase I LOVE Egypt and its landmarks and mythology.

Otherwise, any other TR game I use the standard in-game codes for infinite medi-paks and ammo.

But the best, IMHO, is Tomb Raider II, then it's a tie at second with The Last Revelation and Legend.

Mertz523
12th Apr 2007, 23:35
Tomb Raider II is my fave. Venice and the Tibetan Foothills are two of the best levels in the series.

Breakdown:

Tomb Raider II
Tomb Raider: The Last Revealtion and Tomb Raider: Legend
Tomb Raider III
Tomb Raider (the fourth one I ever played, it was kinda a step down for me. Still a great game though)
Tomb Raider: Chronicles
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness :mad2: **** it's such a good story though!

Leovixen
12th Apr 2007, 23:43

i personally didn't even like the fact that i was stuck in egypt the whole game, i feel as though TR2 was the best TR game. i loved the feeling i got playing TR2 as a little girl, especially the very first level The Great Wall. It was magical to me!!!:) :) :) I find myself to this day, replaying TR2 all the time when i'm just bored. To me it's always a new expirence. but TRLR wasn't that bad, and that's what i think,:) .

munchkin
13th Apr 2007, 01:36
TR1 will always be special as the first TR game i played and as the first TR game... but TR2 is without doubt the best vid game (along with others like onimusha 3, Zelda ocarina of time, wind waker, twilight princess, monkey island 1,2 +3, etc) its fabulous. TR3 is okay but has a terribley meandering plot not really made for part time TRs TR3 was definatly for those of us with the grit and dtermination to get through it minus cheats.

TRLR is my second fav TR after TR2, its just fun, and we start to see more of lara as having friends (Pierre yves).

TRC is good, and i enjoy it alot as a kinfd of swan song for the PS1, although given the subsequent game AOD one coule hope they put the effort in from TRC into fixing AOD and not making it into a badley made action RPG.

AOD or TR6 is a terribly game where core took Lara away and put some deranged goth in her place. Bad call, bad game nuff said. That being said i still own it of course. ;)

TRL, the phoenix rose from the ashes and Lara was back. Sure it needs some improving here and there, but considering the last few additions from Core CD did an amazing job and made an amazing game. Much more TR than AOD.

all in my opinion of course i know others hate TRl and love AOd.... ;) hey we all love lara and thats whats important.

beccaxx

zakker
13th Apr 2007, 08:02
i hope that TR9 will be a continue of TR4. like amanda release seth once again and lara try to contain the beast.

ElevenTR
13th Apr 2007, 08:09
TR3 was the first ever videogame i ever played! we had our ups and downs, (The ship was good, the high security compound was bad!) And i loved it!

Silverwolfe
28th Apr 2007, 14:03
I think AOD is fantastic and I won't stop saying it. Time for all AOD fans to rally and give it it's true stature:thumbsup:

Indigo Andy
28th Apr 2007, 14:55
Tomb Raider 1 easily. The storyline, the villians, the levels, the everything. This game is Tomb Raider perfection.

Silverwolfe
28th Apr 2007, 15:10
see thread marked "ATTENTION" and vote for AOD:lmao:

Laura Croft
28th Apr 2007, 15:26
Still TR1 for me. Although Legend is now a definate second! I hope they continue it.

Vernavoncroy
7th May 2007, 00:32
My favourites were Legend and TR5

tutuy
19th May 2007, 04:25
I have to say my favourites are Tomb raider the last revelation, Chronicles, Tomb Raider 3 & the lost artifact, I also like TR: Legend. :cool:

tgard
23rd May 2007, 21:18
My favorite has to be tombraider1 and chronicle`s.No other tombraider game`s have lived up to them well maybe no3 but the end with the big spider was to hard.tombraider1 i played for 10Hr`s straight a day i could not get enough i thought i was part of the game.Tombraider2 was so disappointing i felt so let down it did not live up to tombraider1 at-all and no4 was just going through the motion`s.But then they released chronicle`s which i loved nearly as much as no1(but was a bit short). Angel of darkness was rubbish and the end was to easy plus i dont want to stop and talk to people in a tombraider game the game work`s because of a feeling of isolation and atmosphere.And last of all legend looked nice but lacked the key elements of a tombraider game .So to sum it up if it`s not broke don`t fix it.Ps:cool: hope No8 rock`s and my playstation 2 has broke bring out anniversary for the xbox 360 please.

Bampire
30th May 2007, 02:47
Didn't favor Legend too much.. I love the graphics... but it didn't feel like I was really playing Tomb Raider..

It didn't have it's spark like it did in the olde platform games.

Tomb Raider 1/gold will always own, along with Anniversary.