PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider Legend On Xbox 360 Demo

MissLara2U
4th Apr 2006, 12:38
TOMB RAIDER LEGEND ON XBOX 360 DEMO
Copyright 2006 www.tombraiderchronicles.com

[ April 4th 2006 ]

Eidos (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/eidos/index.html) will roll out the anticipcated Xbox 360 demo of Tomb Raider Legend (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/index.html) this evening on Marketplace, Microsoft's one-stop shop on Xbox Live. Accompanying the release will be an exclusive Marketplace trailer, six theme sets (five featuring Lara Croft (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/lara/index.html) and one of Karima Adebibe (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/lara/karimaadebibe/index.html)) and five exclusive picture packs.

Xbox Live Marketplace provides a one-stop shop for consumers to acquire episodic content, new game levels, maps, weapons, vehicles, skins and new community-created content. Tomb Raider Legend will release on Xbox and Xbox 360 on April 7, 2006.

oxygenuk
4th Apr 2006, 12:49
this should make eggbox360 owners happy

Lancelot27
4th Apr 2006, 12:49
Any heads up on likely prices ?

oxygenuk
4th Apr 2006, 12:54
most like around the £45 mark, like most xbox360 and other next gen games apart from pc titles

Lancelot27
4th Apr 2006, 12:55
hmm ... play the game on a small chair at a desk on a 17 - 19 inch monitor on kit that has to have cost in excess of £1500 ... on from the comfort of a sofa, on a nice 32" high def screen with full dolby digital 5.1, on kit that was under a grand ....

think i know where my choice is !

Lancelot27
4th Apr 2006, 12:57
i meant for the marketplace downloads .... which tend to be free ... maybe you should refrain from commenting on a topic of which you have no idea !

lllll
4th Apr 2006, 12:59
hmm ... play the game on a small chair at a desk on a 17 - 19 inch monitor on kit that has to have cost in excess of £1500 ... on from the comfort of a sofa, on a nice 32" high def screen with full dolby digital 5.1, on kit that was under a grand ....

think i know where my choice is !

But with a PC you can do many many more things than on the 360 and also tweak it the way you want, making it better than the 360.

It in the end depends what you want, really :thumbsup:

Lancelot27
4th Apr 2006, 13:02
what can you do on the pc version thats more than the x360 version then ?

MissLara2U
4th Apr 2006, 13:04
what can you do on the pc version thats more than the x360 version then ?

The Xbox 360 version is supremely better than the standard PC version, if you're not using the Next Gen setting. You'd need to be packing some pretty serious PC hardware to compete with 360.

CatSuit&Ponytail
4th Apr 2006, 13:20
The Xbox 360 version is supremely better than the standard PC version, if you're not using the Next Gen setting. You'd need to be packing some pretty serious PC hardware to compete with 360.
That's true. :)

Next year pc's will be upgraded past that and the consoles will remain like the day they were built, though. :thumbsup: Pcs can grow, the console however, will always play the games it was designed to. :thumbsup:

It's all about what one wants. :)

Lancelot27
4th Apr 2006, 13:38
pcs may be upgradeable ... but as the developer has to take in to account the average gamers machine, it is unlikely that games will take full advantage of the higher spec hardware untill a good 6 months after take up.
Also as a PC developer has to design the game to work on an unknown hardware set up ie combination of processor, GPU, memory they are unable to make the game give its full potential. A console however is universal in hardware therefore a game can be created to fit exactly.

On top of this it is still very early in the "Next gen" cycle and developers are still learning the capability of the both existing and soon to be existing machines, take an early xbox game and compare with a recent one ... there is a significant differnce which negates a lot of pc improvement.

Games in the majority are developed primarialy for a console with very little PC only games still around. Therefore most of these will be ports of existing console versions and unlikely to have improved graphics.

GoranAgar
4th Apr 2006, 13:44
Oh, this is a very old conflict. Console vs. Console, PC vs. Console.

BTW, I have no clue what the XBox 386 can do. What is its highest resolution and what is a HDTV's highest resolution?

Lancelot27
4th Apr 2006, 13:51
highest res from an xbox360 is 1080i (or 1920x1080)
and the tv can handle up to 1080p

BlueSkiesXXV
4th Apr 2006, 16:49
MissLara2U, thanks for the heads up!!!

I am currently in Athens, but when I return to the UK I will download the Demo ASAP and get the THEMES & GAMERPICS :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have been using the Call Of Duty dog tags (see below) for too long.

MADVDPRODUCTIONS
4th Apr 2006, 17:44
Anyways, I love the PC and everything.. I have two great computers.. but I just dont feel like I have to wait for the game to download and tweak it if its not running right or there are some problems. Atleast for the console like the Xbox 360 you got the graphics and the controls are just right. I dont have to have to deal with too much hassle. Just pop in the game and play on with the game.

BloodRayne
4th Apr 2006, 19:13
OMG 360 DEMO TODAY????? Thanks!! I'll see if its there yet. does nyone know if its there yet?

gtkilla
4th Apr 2006, 21:23
yes!! Xbox 360 demo is coming out today! i'm gonna check the marketplace right now!

EDIT: the trailer is there, but not the demo. i'm downloading the 720p version right now!

MissLara2U
5th Apr 2006, 19:16
Demo is now online. :)

Mangar The Dark
5th Apr 2006, 19:34
Next year pc's will be upgraded past that and the consoles will remain like the day they were built, though. :thumbsup: Pcs can grow, the console however, will always play the games it was designed to. :thumbsup:

It's all about what one wants. :)

I used to be 100% for PCs because of their ability to grow, but then the cost of upgrading started to get ridiculous. For example, upgrading JUST your graphics card can cost around $400!! And after doing that, I might still need to upgrade memory, etc. Maybe I'm cheap, but I finally caved in and bought an Xbox. I still use my PC for writing music and going online, but I use the Xbox for games... PC gaming just became entirely too expensive. Sure, the graphics aren't as sharp as they were on my PC, but I can live with it, and at least now I can sprawl out on the couch while I play. I do miss getting those extras, though, that tend to come only with PC games (like level editors.)