PDA

View Full Version : You guys don't know how lucky you are...

dhama
4th Apr 2006, 06:29
Even if you have had to wait till 7th April for your copy of Legend, I can't get mine till May25th. It'll be the soonest time i'll be able to afford it. :(

I'll just have fun continuing to build custom levels till then I guess.

Chris-Craig Michaels
4th Apr 2006, 07:03
Hmm…I'm on a Mac, so I don't know if there will even be a TR: Legend for my platform.
May 25th does seem a while away, but at least you've got the promise that the game will be available then :) . And if the time until then goes into your custom levels, it's time well spent! :D

-=Myth=-
4th Apr 2006, 07:13
Please forgive my newbishness as a latecomer to this series; but, what do you mean by custom levels? Is an earlier TR release moddable?

baylisst
4th Apr 2006, 07:18
you get a level editor that uses the same engine as chronicles and last revelation with the pc version of chronicles, but its also dowloadable here (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/trle.html)

also the problem with you guys is that you'll have to do a lot of spoiler dodging between now and then. why don't you get a copy imported from UK dhama, and as for the mac there's a virtual pc program microsoft have made for macs. not sure if its any good, but it could run it. just an idea :)

CyCro
4th Apr 2006, 09:14
The virtual PC thingy can't work with the hardware 3D acceleration of the video card, so it won't run the game at all.... It emulates the video card, as well as every other component of the computer.

baylisst
4th Apr 2006, 10:10
right, sounds clever but a bit crappy. thanks for saying before myth goes out and buys a copy :o

RuumTaedor
4th Apr 2006, 13:48
Hey guys. I was going to start another useless thread titled "The Floodgates Have Opened", but I changed my mind. I thought I'd hang out with the "old timers" in this thread. I joined relatively recently, but I've been reading this forum for quite a while. The floodgates have opened, though, and I can't keep up with the plethora of useless threads. It's the price you pay, however, for associating with the greatest adventure game series that ever was. What shall we do while we're waiting. Spot o' tea, anyone?

Joshorty
4th Apr 2006, 14:40
Well dhama, I won't be gettin' this game PROBABLY 'til May 16 (the fact that the PSP version comes on that date...no official ones though...) I'm in no hurry to get this game (unlike my friends - they always feel it's a race to finish a game and say it's cool - -showoffs -_-...bluff-ers too...). Knowing that the game's short, I do not want to get the game (PS2) and finish it before the PSP Version (I know it sounds stupid but - meh)

bene
4th Apr 2006, 15:52
Even if you have had to wait till 7th April for your copy of Legend, I can't get mine till May25th. It'll be the soonest time i'll be able to afford it. :(

I'll just have fun continuing to build custom levels till then I guess.

Sorry about the delay for you but are you really still building???
If so, woohoo!
A new level or the continuation of your last demo? Loved it, but you already knew that. lol

dhama
4th Apr 2006, 20:44
Sorry about the delay for you but are you really still building???
If so, woohoo!
A new level or the continuation of your last demo? Loved it, but you already knew that. lol

Thanks Bene..... I have a fan whoopee! :D I'm currently making a level for George Macivers group of builders. Can't discuss (through pain of death) anything about it, but it's gonna be huge. :cool:

TheLegend
4th Apr 2006, 21:43
Someone should build Legend with a level editor... *hint*!! :D

suzieq51
4th Apr 2006, 23:44
... The floodgates have opened, though, and I can't keep up with the plethora of useless threads.
LOL Ruum Taedor was just thinking the same thing!

Well I won't be playing 'Legend' for a looooong time. Will have to update my 'puter which is going to cost a bit. But that will have to wait because unfortunately both the oven and dishwasher have conked out. (These things always come in threes, don't they? Wonder what the 3rd will be?)

@ dhama: I'm intrigued ... these new levels sound very interesting. Any idea when they'll be released?

RuumTaedor
5th Apr 2006, 03:50
LOL Ruum Taedor was just thinking the same thing!

Well I won't be playing 'Legend' for a looooong time. Will have to update my 'puter which is going to cost a bit. But that will have to wait because unfortunately both the oven and dishwasher have conked out. (These things always come in threes, don't they? Wonder what the 3rd will be?)
I'm glad someone else was thinking that.

Oven and dishwasher, that's too bad. Let's see, third bad luck item...do you own a car? Now that would be VERY bad luck. You can't live without a car (at least I can't). Maybe it will be relatively insignificant, like a hair dryer (unless you can't live without a hair dryer). I've got nothing better to do while I'm waiting to buy Legend, so keep us updated on the third thing, OK?

dhama
5th Apr 2006, 06:22
@ dhama: I'm intrigued ... these new levels sound very interesting. Any idea when they'll be released?

Some of us in the group are building slowly because of other commitments, so I can't say, but I think we may be over the halfway point.
Sorry to hear about other necessities all coming at the same time, I really need an upgrade too to take advantage of Legend and so does Solange. The best comes to those who wait.........

http://www.dhama.co.uk/skele.jpg :eek:

suzieq51
5th Apr 2006, 22:00
@ dhama: LOL, so they say ..... ;)

@ Ruum Taedor: Shhhhhhh, don't mention the 'C' word!:eek: Benny (my 21 year old Volvo) is running beautifully at the moment ... fingers crossed!

lara lady
19th Jun 2006, 05:25
All you guys had to wait till the:scratch: 7th or:eek: the 27th?!OMG!I waited till May 1st.:rasp: [Not to rubb it in]:D

dhama
22nd Jun 2006, 12:54
All you guys had to wait till the:scratch: 7th or:eek: the 27th?!OMG!I waited till May 1st.:rasp: [Not to rubb it in]:D

really? well I still don't have a copy yet. :(

susan
22nd Jun 2006, 12:59
Are you going to get it eventually dhama or has the feedback swayed you against it?

dhama
22nd Jun 2006, 14:19
Are you going to get it eventually dhama or has the feedback swayed you against it?

I'll buy it when it's re released at a price more fitting to what it's worth..... or maybe they would like to swop my TR AOD for it. :rasp:

Joshorty
22nd Jun 2006, 17:23
I got it yesterday:D I'm enjoyin' it so far and it's one of PSP's greeatest ports (WAY better then KING KONG-_-...) but heck, whatever happened to that nice picture inside the PSP game case with Lara and Bolvia in it:confused: looks like it's only for Europe's cover...