PDA

View Full Version : PC Frames per sec/screen shots?

hotrippr
3rd Apr 2006, 22:46
What are some of you guys using for FPS in games??? Seen some pics here with fps on it. I tried FRAPS but it is not working with trl demo. If anyone knows if there's a control console on retail version, and does it enable FPS, and what is the command???

Inserity
3rd Apr 2006, 23:07
What are some of you guys using for FPS in games??? Seen some pics here with fps on it. I tried FRAPS but it is not working with trl demo. If anyone knows if there's a control console on retail version, and does it enable FPS, and what is the command???
FRAPS works for me. Try changing some settings.

hotrippr
3rd Apr 2006, 23:42
thanks for your reply.
Actually I guess my version of FRAPS was old, now works great.

Good engine as I am getting 130fps with 6xAA and 60FPS with 6xAA + temporalAA 1280x1024 all set to on. X1900XT flashed to XTX.

Inserity
3rd Apr 2006, 23:52
Are you making videos too? Because my videos are really huge even on the lowest resolution. I don't know how to do it exactally.

hotrippr
4th Apr 2006, 00:11
no, I am not making movies. But I think you need to compress them with other software, like divx.

storm shadow
4th Apr 2006, 09:51
85 fps (capped because monitor can't handle higher) on 1600 x 1200 with my overclocked 1800 xt! everything maxed out like aniso. filtering and AA. Use ati tray tools for fps stats on screen when using an Ati card.

WaLLy3K
5th Apr 2006, 04:10
Are you making videos too? Because my videos are really huge even on the lowest resolution. I don't know how to do it exactally.
Actually to suggest a free alternative,

Hit Start -> Run -> moviemk -> OK

All copies of Windows XP should have this, compresses movies quite well and doesn't need any special codec for viewing the videos, unlike Divx.

I thought of doing a speedrun myself, but I don't have the hard drive space to fit under two hours and a half of uncompressed Fraps footage. :(

(More to the point, I need to partition my 120gb games drive more correctly)

Inserity
5th Apr 2006, 04:18
Actually to suggest a free alternative,

Hit Start -> Run -> moviemk -> OK

All copies of Windows XP should have this, compresses movies quite well and doesn't need any special codec for viewing the videos, unlike Divx.

I thought of doing a speedrun myself, but I don't have the hard drive space to fit under two hours and a half of uncompressed Fraps footage. :(

(More to the point, I need to partition my 120gb games drive more correctly)
I finally figured it out, but thanks! I used FRAPS to record, then used Windows Movie Maker and it reduced the size of the file. Now I'm making movies! Here's one of them. Lol, I ran into a wall but oh well: http://files.filefront.com/TRL_Flipswmv/;4954590;;/fileinfo.html

Let me know what you think :p

hotrippr
5th Apr 2006, 04:25
I finally figured it out, but thanks! I used FRAPS to record, then used Windows Movie Maker and it reduced the size of the file. Now I'm making movies! Here's one of them. Lol, I ran into a wall but oh well: http://files.filefront.com/TRL_Flipswmv/;4954590;;/fileinfo.html

Let me know what you think :p
Thats nice, I can make her do the first set of flips but how do you make her end with those hand springs???

Inserity
5th Apr 2006, 05:01
Thats nice, I can make her do the first set of flips but how do you make her end with those hand springs???
Ok,

By pressing Roll/Crouch mulitiple times, you can handsping and do a flip at the end (which you probably know). By pressing Jump in the middle of the handsprings, you jump flip instead of handsping. If go back and forth between jump and roll and you can keep going. But there's more. If you press Backwards+Jump, or Roll, (in the middle of the handsprings or flips) she'll Twist Flip (Jump) or Cartwheel (Roll) depending on which button you press. Now, if that made sense, read on. If not, let me know. :D

When you press Backwards+Roll, you will start to handspring, backwards (instead of frontflips). But it will not go forever that way, so you have to press forward again (with roll or jump) and continue. If you press Backwards+Jump, she will jump flip, and start to back flip but this will keep going (then end in a Really cool backwards twirl).

So if this made any sense (to anyone), I'll continue in another post. But first get the alternation between Jump and Roll before you continue with the rest on here. :D I'll post more videos if you'd like.

hotrippr
5th Apr 2006, 05:18
Thanks that was hard but cool, I got her to do a few cartwheels and alternate flips and springs. Know anymore? Post vids if you can then post how to here: please::thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=57744