PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one

carlo
3rd Apr 2006, 13:56
Just wandering if Im the only one who wants to know as little as possible (even though ive read many posts that havnt been marked as **spoilers** when they should have) about the game untill I get the full version. I wont play the demo for fear of it ruining the experience and ive stopped looking at screenshots too!

Ah well not too long to wait now thankfully! Roll on Friday!!!!

munchkin
3rd Apr 2006, 14:25
hi carlo,
although i've played the demo, i've tried to avoid to much info, like reading any threads that might be about the full game. i do wish more woudl use the spoier tags, oa t least put spoiler in the title though, its a bit annoying, :)

beccaxx

Mangar The Dark
3rd Apr 2006, 14:46
I'm the same way. I've looked at a few screenshots, and I've read some people's opinions on the demo (just to see if it's living up to expectations), but I'm not reading ANY plot spoilers or puzzle discussions. I want to experience the game the way I experienced the original-- with no clue about what's going to happen. When that T-Rex came out in TR1, I was taken completely off guard. The experience would have been ruined if I had come to a message board in advance and saw people discussing it.

So I'm spoiler free for this and for "Dreamfall." Both should be excellent games, and I'm not about to ruin them for myself!

carlo
3rd Apr 2006, 14:48
I'm the same way. I've looked at a few screenshots, and I've read some people's opinions on the demo (just to see if it's living up to expectations), but I'm not reading ANY plot spoilers or puzzle discussions. I want to experience the game the way I experienced the original-- with no clue about what's going to happen. When that T-Rex came out in TR1, I was taken completely off guard. The experience would have been ruined if I had come to a message board in advance and saw people discussing it.

So I'm spoiler free for this and for "Dreamfall." Both should be excellent games, and I'm not about to ruin them for myself!

Thank god im not alone :thumbsup:

GoranAgar
3rd Apr 2006, 15:18
Thank god im not alone :thumbsup:
I am like that too. At least when it comes to screenshots. I can not not read the threads in the forum, though. :)

RuumTaedor
3rd Apr 2006, 15:34
Hey carlo, I've got the best of both worlds. You see, I'm reading everything at the moment, so I can satisfy my curiosity. On the other hand, because of my failing memory, I'll probably have forgotten everything I've read, so I'll be able to play Legend virtually spoiler-free! There ya have it, (who am I replying to again? Oh yes) carlo. I should have made my userid "Old Relic". :p

Acceber
3rd Apr 2006, 17:26
because of my failing memory, I'll probably have forgotten everything I've read, so I'll be able to play Legend virtually spoiler-free!

That one also makes me a spoiler free zone. After a 24 hour time delay, anyway. :D

WraithStar
3rd Apr 2006, 17:37
Just wandering if Im the only one who wants to know as little as possible (even though ive read many posts that havnt been marked as **spoilers** when they should have) about the game untill I get the full version. I wont play the demo for fear of it ruining the experience and ive stopped looking at screenshots too!

Ah well not too long to wait now thankfully! Roll on Friday!!!!

I've played the demo to see how the game handles on my machine. I stopped reading plot related threads, though, especially now that some people already have the full version of the game. The demo is just the beginning training area of the game, so it probably wouldn't spoil the game for you if you wanted to see what the controls are like:)