PDA

View Full Version : Anybody tried demo on such a system?

FrozenFire
3rd Apr 2006, 12:56
Hey there fellow Lara fans,

I'm really looking forward to this game and I'd like to preorder it at amazon as soon as possible, but I don't have internet access on my home computer so at the moment I can't try the demo.

My system specs are as follows:

Pentium 4 @ 2,66 Ghz
512 MB Ram
64 MB GeForce 4 Ti 4200
Soundblaster Live
Windows XP

According to the website, I meet the requirements, but the 64 MB graphics card is risky I believe.
Has anybody run the demo on a similar system?

Do you think I will be able to play the game on about PS2 quality level?

Any comment would be appreciated!

GoranAgar
3rd Apr 2006, 13:07
Hey there fellow Lara fans,

I'm really looking forward to this game and I'd like to preorder it at amazon as soon as possible, but I don't have internet access on my home computer so at the moment I can't try the demo.

My system specs are as follows:

Pentium 4 @ 2,66 Ghz
512 MB Ram
64 MB GeForce 4 Ti 4200
Soundblaster Live
Windows XP

According to the website, I meet the requirements, but the 64 MB graphics card is risky I believe.
Has anybody run the demo on a similar system?

Do you think I will be able to play the game on about PS2 quality level?

Any comment would be appreciated!
It won't be the prettiest, but it will run. The GeForce 4 Ti 4200 is a fine graphic card.

FrozenFire
3rd Apr 2006, 13:12
Ah, thanks. Sorry that I had posted this in the wrong forum!
Now what would interest me is if somebody actually tried the game on a 64 MB card and can confirm it runs fine? =)

Jurjen
3rd Apr 2006, 13:18
It will run just fine and probably fairly smooth. Probably just not at the highest resolutions.

GoranAgar
3rd Apr 2006, 14:45
Unfortunately the computer that has my GeForce 4 ti 4200 has also an AMD Athlon 1.4. The Athlon is the reason it won't run on that machine (No SSE command set). Otherwise I'd give it a try. Sorry.

jules
3rd Apr 2006, 16:36
One of my PC's is an old AMD Athlon 1.3Ghz, 512 RAM, with a GeForce4 mx graphics card with only 32MB.
This is the minamum limit I think really.

It runs ok, you can't have all the options on of course but you will be able to play the game.:D

FrozenFire
3rd Apr 2006, 17:01
Cool, if it runs on a GeForce 4 MX, it should run nicely on a Ti! ;) Now if only we could get bump mapping and pixel shaded water to work on pixel shader 1.1 cards...

Scott =]!
3rd Apr 2006, 20:18
its tell you some stuff about that here

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr7/tech_specs.html

FrozenFire
3rd Apr 2006, 20:37
Thanks for the link, but I knew the requirements of the game. It's just that my experience has shown that some games are almost unplayable on even the 'recommended' requirements.
That's why I was looking for people who actually played the game on a slower computer.

RAZMAT
3rd Apr 2006, 23:07
i have a built in intel extreme graphics 845g chipset and it runs well with a bit of a framerate drop here and there.i'm still tweaking around a bit to try and clean it up.

puppeteer
3rd Apr 2006, 23:21
I run it on a athlonxp 2000+ geforceti 4200 128mb ddr
384 megs of ram max detail at 1024x768 no aa and of course when next gen option available it won't run that either.
Still looks great.

FrozenFire
4th Apr 2006, 06:03
Okay, that last post convinced me. I'll preorder! :) Thanks for your replies guys!

edited:

I downloaded the demo at a friend meanwhile and tested it on my computer.
You were right, the demo runs very well on 1024x768 with everything ON except Depth of Field and Anti-Aliasing!

Pentium 4 @ 2,6 Ghz
512 MB RAM (this is system RAM, not graphics you freaks!)
64 MB GeForce 4 Ti 4200
Soundblaster Live!

...is all you need! It looks fantastic :) Glad that I preordered!