PDA

View Full Version : Just finished Legend on PS2

Scriptoe
2nd Apr 2006, 18:49
I just completed the game. I picked up a European PAL version last Friday and have been playing it all weekend.

-------------------SPOILER-----------SPOILER------------SPOILER---------

The movement is a lot better this time and controls are dead on. I was dissapointed that there were only 8 different levels. But I sped through the levels doing the minimum needed to move on. I'll go back now and take my time with each one of them to find all the secrets and unlock all the bonuses. The only vehicle available to Lara was a motercycle. There were probably about 5 different long guns I found but no new pistols besides the standard ones with infinite ammo.

The levels were short too and didn't contain the vast open areas like in 1 or 2. I also miss the array of animal foes. I did run into a few jaguars and snow leopards. Oh yeah, and a few guard dogs. But besides that it was mainly human foes.

The puzzles were pretty good and one of them took me a couple hours to solve. I was trapped in King Arthur's tomb for a couple hours also.

There are 2 big "bosses" to defeat which is really just a demon creature that can't be killed. It takes a lot of fancy moves and a lot of dying and retrying to get through it.

I'd say it took me about 12 hours total to finish the game. The quality is top notch. Looks, moves, gameplay and feel cannot be beaten. I just wish it was longer.

Oh yeah, lara is the only character you can play and the mansion is back.

Anyway, great game and well worth the money.

Shehi
2nd Apr 2006, 18:52
Interesting... You should've used spoiler tool I guess :P

Scriptoe
2nd Apr 2006, 19:17
Sorry, I just put the word spoiler in the title.

Also, I just remembered. There are a couple dozen different outfits on the list but I only unlocked 5 I think. I don't know what the rest are called since they are x'd out until they are unlocked. When I go back through the second time more slowly I'll try to unlock the rest.

So far my favorite is the winter costume without the coat. Lara looks really good in a tight sweater and jeans. :)

enclavesaga
3rd Apr 2006, 00:19
how did you get through king arther's tomb? thanks

DimonLV
3rd Apr 2006, 11:39
I like the snowsuit, just like was on Angelina Jolie in TR movie. I received it after completed whole game on PC.

Scriptoe
3rd Apr 2006, 18:26
I got through King Arthur's tomb by first pulling the broken tomb half over to the round column. I then used the grapple to start the light fixture swinging back and forth. I then jumped on the broken tomb piece, then up on the column and then over to the rope holding up the weight. That raised the bell into the path of the light fixture which rang it and let me out of the tomb.

natish
3rd Apr 2006, 18:30
any advice on getting amanda down?

CausticPhlegm
3rd Apr 2006, 18:49
Can you tell me how you got through the room where there's 2 large statue and a smaller statue with a boulder on top of it? You have to activate the light through the two large ones that shine off a smaller dog statue in the center of the room. (it's at 11% of the game if that helps) My problem is I can't figure out how to get the boulder off the smaller statue that's off to the side. I've been stuck there forever. Can you give a poor guy a hand? :)

Thanks.

lhaymehr
3rd Apr 2006, 19:09
Possible spoiler

Can you please tell me how do i kill Amanda in the last Bolivia showdown?

natish
3rd Apr 2006, 19:41
Can you tell me how you got through the room where there's 2 large statue and a smaller statue with a boulder on top of it? You have to activate the light through the two large ones that shine off a smaller dog statue in the center of the room. (it's at 11% of the game if that helps) My problem is I can't figure out how to get the boulder off the smaller statue that's off to the side. I've been stuck there forever. Can you give a poor guy a hand? :)

Thanks.

you need to roll the stones around to some combination... I dont remember exactly, but the statue with the stone on top of it got a ladder on his arm u got to climb up there, throw down the stone, roll it there, now then there is a 3rd stone at the beginning of the room u can get it down with a lil thinking too, once u rolled all those thing open and u get a moviethingie...

oh btw i noticed that the % isnt the actual % of the Campaing completed, its the % of the whole game, including laras house finding stuff there and in other levels... like u get 100% when you really did everything and found everything :p

CausticPhlegm
3rd Apr 2006, 20:01
you need to roll the stones around to some combination... I dont remember exactly, but the statue with the stone on top of it got a ladder on his arm u got to climb up there, throw down the stone, roll it there, now then there is a 3rd stone at the beginning of the room u can get it down with a lil thinking too, once u rolled all those thing open and u get a moviethingie...
p

Yeah, I've done all that. Got the boulder on the floor and the one on the tall statue in place...it's the one on the small statue that is killing me. That "lil thinking" is what my problem is ;)

Notts Raider
3rd Apr 2006, 20:09
Yeah, I've done all that. Got the boulder on the floor and the one on the tall statue in place...it's the one on the small statue that is killing me. That "lil thinking" is what my problem is ;)

grapple

lhaymehr
3rd Apr 2006, 20:22
Dang, can anyone help me with my problem? :( I don't know what to do in the last Bolivia level when you fight that black monster/Amanda with the Excalibur. I'm able to beat it to the point when it falls to the floor, then i get that yellow warning triangle, and no mattter what i do to it it recharges and leaves me with no progress. PLZ help! :confused:

enclavesaga
3rd Apr 2006, 20:28
Dang, can anyone help me with my problem? :( I don't know what to do in the last Bolivia level when you fight that black monster/Amanda with the Excalibur. I'm able to beat it to the point when it falls to the floor, then i get that yellow warning triangle, and no mattter what i do to it it recharges and leaves me with no progress. PLZ help! :confused:

me too, i think she might be the final boss too, so take u time cause there's no more game after that :D ... u r supposed to use action key near her, after a few times she won't be able to refill health, whack her, then go for the stone in the center. she goes mad after being knocking down couple times and can usually kill you(with full health) in just one move

Notts Raider
3rd Apr 2006, 20:34
me too, i think she might be the final boss too, so take u time cause there's no more game after that :D ... u r supposed to use action key near her, after a few times she won't be able to refill health, whack her, then go for the stone in the center. she goes mad after being knocking down couple times and can usually kill you(with full health) in just one move

I'm in the same place but its only 81%

lhaymehr
3rd Apr 2006, 20:48
Action key?! :o Allright, i'll try that. Thank you!

@Notts Raider: thats cause you didn't collect all the secrets. You can do that in time trials later i guess. By the way, i hear that if you collect them all you get a bikini which you can put on her in every level :D