PDA

View Full Version : Check points not working!

linden
2nd Apr 2006, 16:58
Im confuced. This check point saving is doing my head in, cause everytime Lara dies, the game starts from the beginning :confused:
Am i doing something wrong, cause i was already up on the waterfall, swinged a few ropes and stuff, so i passed about 3-4 check points already, and then fell down and died and the game started from the beginning. :mad: :mad: :mad:

What good is the check point for, if the game still starts from the beginning every time? :confused:

LARAMANIAC
2nd Apr 2006, 17:08
I've just finished playing the demo for pc - had no problems with checkpoint saves.

Had no problem with checkpoint saves last week with the PS2 version either.

LCisYum
2nd Apr 2006, 18:44
The checkpoints work fine for me but what's the point of the Save feature? You save the game at any point and it still loads you back to where the game auto saved at the last checkpoint.

Motionfield
2nd Apr 2006, 20:18
Does it save permanently before you save manually? if not checkpoints may only help you until you shut down the game. The save option would be really great then :)

Jurjen
2nd Apr 2006, 20:31
It does remember your last checkpoint after shutting down. However, you can use the manual save to allow you to permanently save an old game state which you can go back to later.

linden
3rd Apr 2006, 09:47
Are you guys telling me that im the only one who has to start from the beginning every time Lara dies?:confused: :confused: :confused:

GoranAgar
3rd Apr 2006, 11:08
The checkpoints only save temporarily. To write your savegames permanently to the memory stick you have to manually save your progress.

Jurjen
3rd Apr 2006, 11:39
It's worth keeping in mind that the checkpoint behavior (especially how persistent it is) differs from platform to platform. On the PS2 you need to explicitly save it. On the Xbox and PC you can always continue there, even after shutting down your system, and 360 behavior is also different, but I'm not sure how exactly it works on that platform.

linden
3rd Apr 2006, 12:07
Maybe i should have said "im playing PC version" :confused:

Anyway, its working now, i dont know what made it work but after i changed the keyboard mapping to DEFAUT, it started working.
Are we talking about a BUG here, i dont know.

Finiz
3rd Apr 2006, 12:28
Somehow, I don't understand how you guys are able to get Lara killed. I found the demo rather easy, and if you don't fall off a cliff or let the moron mercenaries shoot you, it's quite easy to get at the end of this level.

linden
3rd Apr 2006, 13:06
Well, lets put it this way: its easier to run off the cliff if you already fell down and have to play the whole stupid part again. The controls on PC are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO horrible you just cant enjoy this game, cause you will never know where Lara is going next.

My opinion: Eidos made a big mistake when they gave the game to Crystal Dynamics. They wont get my money buying this game :mad:

GoranAgar
3rd Apr 2006, 13:10
I have been a PC gamer for decades. I know where you come from. I had a hard time to adjust to the new generation of console designed controls. But then I got myself a game pad. And now I love it.

The 3rd person games these days are not really designed for keyboard/mouse control. That won't change for a while. ... if ever.

linden
3rd Apr 2006, 13:13
The 3rd person games these days are not really designed for keyboard/mouse control. That won't change for a while. ... if ever.

Then why bother to release it on PC at all?

Hey i know; to get more money with less work :P

carlo
3rd Apr 2006, 13:25

No because many TR fans are PC gamers. Also The PC game will look better then the PS2 versions and the original xbox version. Only the 360 can compete with the visuals

GoranAgar
3rd Apr 2006, 13:26

I'll buy it for PC and I'll play with my game pad.

WraithStar
3rd Apr 2006, 15:50
I have been a PC gamer for decades. I know where you come from. I had a hard time to adjust to the new generation of console designed controls. But then I got myself a game pad. And now I love it.

I disagree. I've played a lot of games with heavy console influence that have fantastic keyboard/trackball controls, especially Prince of Persia. More specific to Crystal's previous games, Soul Reaver 2 seemed easier to control than the demo of Legend. At least the swimming in Legend is a bit easier than it was in SR2.

Silva
3rd Apr 2006, 21:00
My "save game" is greyed out...which means i Can't do it.

how can i select it?

WraithStar
3rd Apr 2006, 22:48
My "save game" is greyed out...which means i Can't do it.

how can i select it?

It's not an option in the demo. You have to win the demo straight through (it should take about 1/2 an hour if you are taking your time but not just standing there looking at the beautiful scenery).

movieman
4th Apr 2006, 00:33
What good is the check point for, if the game still starts from the beginning every time?

I did find a bug where I'd gone through several checkpoints, then fell off a vine, ended up going close to the start again while trying to run back to where I was, and it reset the checkpoint to the start of the level. So when I died it sent me right to the start rather than to the checkpoint I had been at several minutes into the level.

The stupidest thing is that the demo doesn't seem to give you an option to revert to a checkpoint other than by dying. When you fall off something, lose half your health and then have to make five jumps to get back to where you were, it would be better to be able to just revert to the checkpoint anyway.