PDA

View Full Version : Alternative ways and secrets

strawberrymachine
2nd Apr 2006, 12:54
I recall that TR:Legend is supposed to be filled with alternative ways to play and secrets.

So, what alternative ways or secrets have you guys found? So far I've only found one secret passage when you encounter the first rope. Instead of going forward you can turn to the left where there is another passage. Quite obvious I know, but it still took me seven times to find it :rolleyes:

StarChampagne
2nd Apr 2006, 14:27
I recall that TR:Legend is supposed to be filled with alternative ways to play and secrets.

So, what alternative ways or secrets have you guys found? So far I've only found one secret passage when you encounter the first rope. Instead of going forward you can turn to the left where there is another passage. Quite obvious I know, but it still took me seven times to find it :rolleyes:

Hey strawberry! :) And I haven't actually found any other secret places. If you're playing the demo, then I don't think it has others, because it's only one level or a part of one and the other levels will probably have lots. But in the real game I'm guessing there's going to be stuff hidden in the secret passage by the rope. I've played the demo pretty thoroughly, but has anyone else found anything?

L Croft
2nd Apr 2006, 14:37
I have found a few areas, I'll post screenies when i have them online. :)

Palmtree
2nd Apr 2006, 14:49
After you have killed the first guy in the waterfall , entered that area with two men in it , when you get up there on the rope , instead of jumping to the safe area , face the waterfall and jump , you'll be in a small room behind the waterfall.

After facing all that men in front of that stairs that lead to the trap , face the stairs , then go left and up , more to the left there are boxes obivioulsly hiding a room behing them , shoot them and there will be a small room.

Most of you already knew them , but im posting them anyway. :)

StarChampagne
2nd Apr 2006, 15:35
I didn't find them :) Well, the one behind the boxes... :eek: :D

Palmtree
2nd Apr 2006, 15:58
Here's one of them:

http://img349.imageshack.us/img349/9012/secretroom10pj.png

L Croft
2nd Apr 2006, 17:18
I have made a list here (http://www.funkylydia.com/tombraider/tr7secrets.html), have i missed any? This is the one i found which was the most diffuclt to get to:
http://www.funkylydia.com/tombraider/images/tr7/secrets/7.jpg

jacky4566
3rd Apr 2006, 00:40
how do you get there?

Joshorty
3rd Apr 2006, 01:09
I KNEW IT:eek: but I got there and I saw nothin' (the one behind the waterfall)

spookn
3rd Apr 2006, 01:47
I'm finding rooms, but there is nothing in them. Secerts will be in game?

baylisst
3rd Apr 2006, 07:50
i'm not sure if this is true or whether i just dreamt it up, but i **think** that i remember reading somewhere that in the game there will be secrets, like in the TRs of yore, but they would be categorised into bronze, silver and gold tier secrets. if someone could verify this it would be good

anything below this is complete speculation

it may be that each tier represents how difficult it would be to reach it, like the one you mentioned l croft could be in the main game a gold or silver one, and the harder it is to reach the better the reward, like a new weapon that you wouldn't get otherwise until later in the game. also each secret (or when you get a certain number of secrets, like in GTA:VC with the hidden packages) unlocks something

carlo
3rd Apr 2006, 07:54
i'm not sure if this is true or whether i just dreamt it up, but i **think** that i remember reading somewhere that in the game there will be secrets, like in the TRs of yore, but they would be categorised into bronze, silver and gold tier secrets. if someone could verify this it would be good

anything below this is complete speculation

it may be that each tier represents how difficult it would be to reach it, like the one you mentioned l croft could be in the main game a gold or silver one, and the harder it is to reach the better the reward, like a new weapon that you wouldn't get otherwise until later in the game. also each secret (or when you get a certain number of secrets, like in GTA:VC with the hidden packages) unlocks something

That is correct

baylisst
3rd Apr 2006, 07:58
YAY! :D thanks v much :)

L Croft
3rd Apr 2006, 08:01
yup, I am pretty sure thats correct, the one I posted a the picture of is gold. If you copy the instructions here (http://www.funkylydia.com/tombraider/tr7secrets.html)(scroll to the bottom of the page) you can get to it.

baylisst
3rd Apr 2006, 08:10
nice, thank you. i got into about 4 or 5 of those secrets (the air pocket room by accident :D) and saw the last one but couldn't work out how to get to it. i'll wait for the full game before trying that one

RAZMAT
4th Apr 2006, 04:39
i kept trying to get to the ledge to the upper right on this screener(above the 2 swing poles), it seemed like lara was close enough and the ledge looks standable.one time i landed on the pole but i tried to jump up and lara fell back down.