PDA

View Full Version : setup problem

dejulle86
2nd Apr 2006, 09:58
when i want to start the setup of the demo i get this "SET60.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close."
each time i want to start the setup the nummer change
can somone help me?
thx

dejulle86
2nd Apr 2006, 10:39
?someone pls?

dhama
2nd Apr 2006, 13:23
Have you followed all the guidlines already posted? It always helps if we know what you've already tried. ;)

dejulle86
2nd Apr 2006, 14:02
what guidlines?

i can't istal tehe demo
when i want to start te setup
windows give an error
"SET12.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
tis is what i get when i double clic on the setup exe

dhama
2nd Apr 2006, 15:51
These guidlines...................

2.3 Crashes and Lock-Ups

When I start Tomb Raider: Legend Demo, my mouse cursor disappears and my computer locks-up.

Chances are your installed audio card drivers are not compatible with DirectX. The only solution is to get a DirectX 9.0c -compatible driver from your audio card manufacturer.

When I start Tomb Raider: Legend Demo, I receive the following error message:

"The application TRL.exe referenced memory at address xxxx:xxxx that can't be read from."

Its likely that your installed video card drivers are not compatible with DirectX. The only solution is to get a DirectX 9.0c -compatible driver from your video card manufacturer.

The Installer keeps stopping when a certain percentage is complete.

There are three likely causes:

q You may have run out of free space on your hard drive. Please remove unwanted programs to free up additional space for the game, and then reinstall Tomb Raider: Legend Demo.
q Files are possibly being copied to a corrupted area of your hard drive. If this is so, you'll need to run the scandisk program and make sure to use the Thorough option (see previous). After scandisk has finished running and has informed you that your drive is free of errors, try to re-install.
q There may be dirt or fingerprints on the DVD-ROM disc itself. Examine the bottom of the disc; if you see any fingerprints or dirt, carefully clean the disc using a clean, soft, lint-free cloth by wiping from the centre of the disc (near the hole) towards the outer edge in a straight line.

Tomb Raider: Legend Demo is crashing to the desktop with no error messages.

This problem can be caused by several different things. Here's a list of the most common culprits associated with these crashes:

q Make sure the CD-ROM (If applicable) is clean (check for both scratches and smudges on the reading surface of the CD-ROM).

q Make sure the game has been installed properly.

q Make sure DirectX 9.0c has been installed properly.

q Make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card and that they are DirectX 9.0c -compatible.

q Make sure you have the latest drivers for your sound card and that they are DirectX 9.0c -compatible.

q Make sure Virtual Memory is enabled on your system.

q Run Scandisk.

q Run Disk Defragmenter.

q Try exiting the game, rebooting your machine, and re-entering the game.

Note: That if your system crashes to the desktop while playing Tomb Raider: Legend Demo, you should probably reboot your computer before starting a new play session. Otherwise, DirectDraw or DirectSound may be in a locked state, and the game will be unable to use your sound or video hardware.

Logitech Headset

When using a headset, we advise that this is connected and set as “Favourite Audio Device” within your control panel before launching the game.

NOTE: Should the headset become disconnected during play, as this hardware is detected as a soundcard device you may lose audio as the ‘Valid Sound Device’ would have been lost, should this occur we recommend you check the connections to your Headset and re-launch the game as appropriate.

2.4 DirectX-Related Questions

DirectX has become the new standard in Windows application development. Nearly all high-performance software will be tuned around this technology, so we do not normally recommend that customers attempt to alter its installation on their system

Can I Run Without DirectX?

I cannot use DirectX on my computer! Is there any other way to run Tomb Raider: Legend Demo?

If you do not have DirectX installed on your computer, you will not be able to run Tomb Raider: Legend Demo.

dejulle86
2nd Apr 2006, 18:04
can't see my problem in the guidlines:s
thx for the help
but it don't help:s
so other sugestions?

dejulle86
13th Jun 2006, 18:18
i have the game and still have the same problem:(
can someone help me pls

dejulle86
13th Jun 2006, 19:16
wtf:p
it works now:)

livergobruins
14th Jun 2006, 00:16
Glad it works for you. I've had similar problems with other games in the past (CivIII, Sid Meier's Pirates) and it seems it was some conflict with ZoneAlarm. I uninstalled ZA and got another firewall, haven't run into a similar error since. Maybe ZoneLabs started collaborating with Symantec to make the most un-friendly programs for gamers in the world.