PDA

View Full Version : How to do some of Lara's new moves!

Verios
2nd Apr 2006, 08:46
So everyone, come and share your knowledge on how to do Laras spiffy new moves, here's a few Ive found so far:

Classic Swan Dive (Verios):

While holding Shift (walking / sneaking) press spacebar (jump) and then quickly tap F (crouch) and she will do the swan dive..nifty for those off the cliff jumps into a shallow pool of water which she seems to survive every time lol.

Consecutive flips from a roll (Verios):

While running tap F to make Lara roll...continue to tap F repeatedly (make sure you have lots of room) and Lara will start to flip and finish off with a rather spiffy move.

** Note it's also possible to combine these two moves. As Lara finished the swan dive and goes into a roll (this assumes you're doing it on flat land) keep pressing F and she will do all those spiffy flips right out of the swan dive..I like to finish off by drawing pistols and opening fire heh..nice way to start a fight.

To Drop off a Ledge (TRBeth)

Press "F", Lara will drop the ledge she is holding.

How to set up combo attack using the grapple (Lost Raider):

Lock on a target, press Q to throw the grapple, press E to give it a pull.

If Lara did not get interupted, then the target should be stunned, then do whatever you want - shoot, kick, slide tackle, head stomp...

If you did this to an enemy above you and drag him over the edge, you will make him fly in the air like in a silde tackle.

Bullet Time / Matrix Style Combat (Verios)

In order to do "Bullet Time" you have to lock on to your target (G I believe...I have it set to right mouse button) a red crosshair will pop up on your target...run towards him and jump and them jump again..lara will either back flip and turn around in the air starting bullet time or flip forwarwd and kinda dive doing bullet time. You cannot do this without having someone targetted, you must be in combat.

Also another little nifty combat move is when Lara slides towards him and kicks the enemy off his feet into the air. In order to do this you must have him targetted and locked on...run towards him and get close and quickly tap F...lara will slide forward and knock him off his feet allowing you to fire at him while he's in the air.

Turn around on bars (I rokz my sockz off!!!!)

on the bars that u swing on you can do this thing where you turn around on the bars without stoping and starting the swing again here is how you do it

the 1st. if you hold down the opposite direction from where you are goin she does a handstand thing on the top of bars and turns around and u can keep swinging

2nd. When lara is hanging vertically (with her feet pointing to ground) but still swinging you can press in the opposite direction from the way she is goin and she does this thing with her legs and turns around!

3rd. (this is just wat i think you could do to do the spilts in the air thing beween bars) I think if just after you jump off the bar to grab another bar if you very quickly press F then she might do it. There is a screen shot of it in the thread called "Fun with Lara" posted by GoranAgar

TheLegend
2nd Apr 2006, 11:14
Cheers Verios! Is there a complete list of all the moves for the demo? I haven't done a flip or a walk yet! Also, when Lara grabs a ledge, is there a way of letting her drop back down? She always pulls up, and I have to jump off, which makes her loose health. Thanks!

Uranus
2nd Apr 2006, 11:35
Also, when Lara grabs a ledge, is there a way of letting her drop back down?

Crouch/Roll button

TRBeth
2nd Apr 2006, 16:03
F will drop Lara off a ledge she is holding.

I just want to know how to get her to walk. Not run. Not sneak. Just walk. :rolleyes:

sorcerer
2nd Apr 2006, 16:07
How do you switch to BULLET MODE? :confused:

Notts Raider
2nd Apr 2006, 16:27

It has something to do with targetting an enemy, jumping at him and kicking off

Lost_Raider
2nd Apr 2006, 17:05
How to set up combo attack using the grapple:

Lock on a target, press Q to throw the grapple, press E to give it a pull.

If Lara did not get interupted, then the target should be stunned, then do whatever you want - shoot, kick, slide tackle, head stomp...

If you did this to an enemy above you and drag him over the edge, you will make him fly in the air like in a silde tackle.

Have fun:D

sorcerer
2nd Apr 2006, 17:22
It has something to do with targetting an enemy, jumping at him and kicking off

I know this, but how do you enter the BULLET MODE??? Which buttons do you have to press on your keyboard?

Lost_Raider
2nd Apr 2006, 17:24
I know this, but how do you enter the BULLET MODE??? Which buttons do you have to press on your keyboard?

No trick, lock on using your weapon, rush up and hit jump key, the matrix mode will be enabled automaticly.

She will either jump/dive forward or do a back flip depends on the distance between her and the enemy when you made the jump.

Matrix mode will stop if her feet has touched the ground

tombfan19
2nd Apr 2006, 17:58
In my opinion Lara is too fit :p :p She's an ideal woman :rolleyes:

sorcerer
2nd Apr 2006, 18:59
No trick, lock on using your weapon, rush up and hit jump key, the matrix mode will be enabled automaticly.

She will either jump/dive forward or do a back flip depends on the distance between her and the enemy when you made the jump.

Matrix mode will stop if her feet has touched the ground

It doesn`t work for me :mad: :mad: :mad:

PLEASE tell me exactly which keys to press and when.

10x!

TRBeth
2nd Apr 2006, 19:02

Are you asking how to shoot? It is the left button on the mouse.

sorcerer
2nd Apr 2006, 19:06
No, dude. It`s the BULLET MODE , like in Matrix!!

Please tell me what to do exactly!

Verios
2nd Apr 2006, 19:19
In order to do "Bullet Time" you have to lock on to your target (G I believe...I have it set to right mouse button) a red crosshair will pop up on your target...run towards him and jump and them jump again..lara will either back flip and turn around in the air starting bullet time or flip forwarwd and kinda dive doing bullet time. You cannot do this without having someone targetted, you must be in combat.

Also another little nifty combat move is when Lara slides towards him and kicks the enemy off his feet into the air. In order to do this you must have him targetted and locked on...run towards him and get close and quickly tap F...lara will slide forward and knock him off his feet allowing you to fire at him while he's in the air.

L Croft
2nd Apr 2006, 19:33
This (http://www.funkylydia.com/tombraider/tr7moves.html) is my list of moves so far, have I missed any?

sorcerer
2nd Apr 2006, 20:09

10x! That worked for me now! :thumbsup:

Scott =]!
2nd Apr 2006, 21:02
on the bars that u swing on you can do this thing where you turn around on the bars without stoping and starting the swing again here is how you do it

the 1st. if you hold down the opposite direction from where you are goin she does a handstand thing on the top of bars and turns around and u can keep swinging

2nd. When lara is hanging vertically (with her feet pointing to ground) but still swinging you can press in the opposite direction from the way she is goin and she does this thing with her legs and turns around!

3rd. (this is just wat i think you could do to do the spilts in the air thing beween bars) I think if just after you jump off the bar to grab another bar if you very quickly press F then she might do it. There is a screen shot of it in the thread called "Fun with Lara" posted by GoranAgar

im not sure if this is a fault or has been mucked about with:)

DopeLenny
2nd Apr 2006, 21:54
This (http://www.funkylydia.com/tombraider/tr7moves.html) is my list of moves so far, have I missed any?

there is this move called Tkatchev.. that she does on the bars.. it's very easy :D just found out how u do it :D when you are almost vertical with the feet upward she changes the direction makes a fast spin.. jumps a little detaching from the bar and then grabs back :D
when you are almost in the vertical position release the direction u're holding and press the opposite direction followed by -interact - ( E )
enjoy ;) :D

Legendary Lara Croft
2nd Apr 2006, 22:27
i learned how to do flips with like 20 somersaults. you need to jump and press crouch or jump repeatedly, you can press one after another too, she can jump forward and backwards, it was so cool! even Zip liked it

hotrippr
3rd Apr 2006, 01:17
The game is so much better now with bullet and sweeper moves, wow.:cool:

Verios
you should edit all moves to your first post for a compilation, is much easier than people having to read a bunch of posts.

Verios
3rd Apr 2006, 01:36
Done.

hotrippr
3rd Apr 2006, 01:45
thank you, very nice.

Notts Raider
3rd Apr 2006, 04:19
If you repeatedly press jump quickly while running you can do some amaizing acrobatics :D

Inserity
3rd Apr 2006, 04:59
With the flips, you can alternate between jump and roll to jump flip instead of just on hands and if you alternate you can keep going til you hit the wall. And you can press back+jump or roll and you will flip (Jump) or cartwheel (roll) and start to backflip then you have to press forward again to continue or she'll stop. I'd post a video but I don't know how to exactally. I can go pretty long.

Notts Raider
3rd Apr 2006, 05:01
She does multiple combinations of summersaults, flips and twists, they are great to watch

L Croft
3rd Apr 2006, 08:05
there is this move called Tkatchev.. that she does on the bars.. it's very easy :D just found out how u do it :D when you are almost vertical with the feet upward she changes the direction makes a fast spin.. jumps a little detaching from the bar and then grabs back :D
when you are almost in the vertical position release the direction u're holding and press the opposite direction followed by -interact - ( E )
enjoy ;) :D
oooo ty, I'll try that later.
EDIT added it, great move :thumbsup:

hotrippr
3rd Apr 2006, 08:38
I found a couple of things to be easier than described.
When on bars just hold E the whole time for the turn around splits move, and chaange direction when vertical...no need to let go of E I did it many times, much easier now.

Acrobats, just run and press F repeatedly, no need to ever press jump.

Get dirty (do some rolls) then dont move, Lara will stick her fine ass out and dust it off...make sure you are viewing her from behind for best shot. Pervs! LOL. Tech is getting scary real, hate to wonder of what perv things are in the future. Never thought a cartoon looked so good, come along way from Daphne on ScoobyDOO.

TJSimulation
22nd Apr 2006, 02:42
Consecutive flips from a roll (Verios):

While running tap F to make Lara roll...continue to tap F repeatedly (make sure you have lots of room) and Lara will start to flip and finish off with a rather spiffy move.

** Note it's also possible to combine these two moves. As Lara finished the swan dive and goes into a roll (this assumes you're doing it on flat land) keep pressing F and she will do all those spiffy flips right out of the swan dive..I like to finish off by drawing pistols and opening fire heh..nice way to start a fight.

Also, if no one's already posted this, I've noticed you can get her to do it an infinite amount of times by just changing the direction she faces while she flips (ex: if you made her start off forward--the "w" key--then just press in the opposite direction--the "s" key--and she'll turn and flip at the same time, doing 3 more flips the other way. Keep switching the directions that she faces, and she'll continue flipping until you get tired of watching her and stop or until she hits a wall. :p )

And you can do forward and backward flips (where her hands don't touch the ground) the same way with the jump button, even combining "F" and "Space" for some impressive acrobatic moves.

DopeLenny:
You don't have to press interact to do that, just so you know. :)

shurik
22nd Apr 2006, 03:13
Man I'm very impressed with Lara's moves in this game. Simply awsome, and just beautiful. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TJSimulation
22nd Apr 2006, 03:30
I agree. :D :cool: