PDA

View Full Version : Control Help!

Madmax49
2nd Apr 2006, 05:16
Having a problem with the Run /Walk. I can't stop, she's constantly moving forward and i can't figure out how to get her to stand still. I would assume there is a setting somewhere that will make her only move forward, etc. when the move keys are pressed?

When i first played the game she only moved when i keyed, but i to had crash problems that where solved with screen resolution and an update to my Nvidia drivers. But now somehow i got her in run all the time mode, LOL.

Anyone know how to correct this?

THanks!:confused:

virgali
2nd Apr 2006, 09:45
Sorry to if I use your thread not to aid you (I have no clue how to solve your problem) instead I would like to also ask a question about controll.

How do I get her to hold on to seomthing when she jumps too soon and only grab with one hand?

AG-Spike
2nd Apr 2006, 12:18
I have the exact same problem, only difference is that she has always done it.
I am going to try uninstalling it, and installing a fresh download.

Motionfield
2nd Apr 2006, 12:25
Involuntary movement usually comes from either badly calibrated controllers or too sensitive controllers. Try calibrating all your controllers in windows and if that doesn't work, try unplugging devices you aren't using like wheels and stuff. Hope that helps.

AG-Spike
2nd Apr 2006, 12:30
It was happening with they keyboard controls.

Motionfield
2nd Apr 2006, 12:42
Yeah but that doesn't matter if the game still receives movement from a connected controller.

Motionfield
2nd Apr 2006, 12:43
Sorry to if I use your thread not to aid you (I have no clue how to solve your problem) instead I would like to also ask a question about controll.

How do I get her to hold on to seomthing when she jumps too soon and only grab with one hand?

Press the action button. Its 'E' default on keyboard.

AG-Spike
2nd Apr 2006, 12:47
Ah, right, in that case that may be the problem.
I have an old style joystick that plugs into the joystick port, but it is turned off at the mains, can it still be the cause of the problem?

Motionfield
2nd Apr 2006, 12:49
what do you mean by mains?

It could well be. Try to calibrate it in windows or unplug it *before* starting the game.

virgali
2nd Apr 2006, 13:06
Press the action button. Its 'E' default on keyboard.

Thanx so much for replying, I tried that button several times with no luck, *sigh* maybe I ouhgt to calibrate too?

AG-Spike
2nd Apr 2006, 13:24
Did not work, all I have connected is my wireless mouse and keyboard, and still she decides to run off without stopping! lol.

Notts Raider
2nd Apr 2006, 14:48
Thanx so much for replying, I tried that button several times with no luck, *sigh* maybe I ouhgt to calibrate too?

Yup get it calibrated, before I did mine I was getting a 360 degrees Birds eye view flying around lara

Motionfield
2nd Apr 2006, 16:08
Buttons usually can't be calibrated since they are digital (on/off only, not a range) so that can't be it.

That's weird AG-Spike. You'd probably have to contact tech support for that one :(

AG-Spike
2nd Apr 2006, 17:22
It has decided to work now, very strange.

The demo is really cool, now completed it.

Madmax49
2nd Apr 2006, 20:00
Wow,

The glitch just disapeared. She walks just fine, all of the sudden. Completed the demo in no time without her running all the time, LOL

MadMax