PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Lara

rosesareredtoo
2nd Apr 2006, 00:11
What are the system requirements to install Desktop Lara? I get the file downloaded and unzipped, but it won't install. Help!!!:confused::confused:

_import_Iguanaman
8th Apr 2006, 14:08
It won't run because it is no longer working. When the program installs it now places a very small exe (2 k) which does not work at all on any PC. I had a working earlier version which said it had an update and then proceeded to basically trash the current version. I'd rather they at least would restore the original files rather than leave it as it is now. If you have the old version that works and you have not updated when it asked then don't update! If someone has a copy of the original files in the program files folder please let me know.

Angelis
8th Apr 2006, 14:32
I'm very confused... i'm not too good at computers but, when i click on DesktopLara it comes up with a window then vanishes. I have no idea whats up with it!!! Can someone help???:confused:

Faye
8th Apr 2006, 18:32
Eidos Interactive set the program so it would say "There is an update for Desktop Lara. Click to download it here." So I downloaded it, and my program no longer worked. I don't know why but for some reason Eidos Interactive wanted us to get rid of it.

I am actually quite angry, what has happened is it has installed a program that gets rid of Desktop Lara. They told us was an updated version but it wasn't. It was a removal program. I sort of feel like I was invaded really. I felt like the program was mine and Eidos Interactive have stolen it from me. And yes I know all about copyright and all that but what was the point really? Why did they have to do that? What was so bad about us having Desktop Lara?

Trinity34
8th Apr 2006, 19:04
Would you like it back Faye? I still have it. :)

Faye
8th Apr 2006, 19:30
Yes Trinity34, that'd be great, thank you! :) How do we go about that? If you need to send it in an email, I think it's on my profile.

GenerationK
8th Apr 2006, 19:32
Coulds someone send me desktop lara please? I downloaded it today and found out it doesnt work. So if anyone could send me the working version i would be very grateful thanks

Gk <3

Faye
8th Apr 2006, 19:37
It looks like there's going to be quite a demand for Desktop Lara. rosesareredtoo, perhaps you should change the thread title to "Important: Do not update Desktop Lara: All people who have not yet updated come here" or something? Or perhaps we should make a new thread? Because we need as many people who have the original files as possible, I get the feeling there's going to be quite a few files transfers going on tonight...

torment00
8th Apr 2006, 20:29
got the same problem

the problem itself is that the update server is down desktopbuddy.tombraider.com

they say on the page that it is on mantainance

Liz
8th Apr 2006, 20:33
Dear All,

Can I join in on the request for the desktop Lara. I would love to have this as I need my Tomby fix!!

Thankies :)

Liz

_import_Iguanaman
8th Apr 2006, 20:40
If the server is down the program should not download "empty" files that screw up what is already there. If it tries the server and cannot attach then the files should not be updated. They could also download the files to temp names then check the filesize or use a checksum to determine if the new file is legit or not.

I can't complain too much though, I mean they did gave it away. :)

BTW a copy of the install won't work. Someone will have to copy the files from the "C:\program files\desktoplara" folder into a zip file and make that available. Then just be sure not to update until they get it resolved.

Liz
8th Apr 2006, 21:38
I am confused! I click on the download button, dowload the zip file, I then click on the zip file and choose to install. It then proceeds to try and download two files, which is unsuccessful. Does anyone still have a working zip filw of this? If so, pleeeeeasse can I have it?

Liz :D :thumbsup:

LegendaryLara
8th Apr 2006, 22:40
Meh, I just posted a similar topic elsewhere, should have come here first.

I want Lara on my desktop dammit :(

Trinity34
8th Apr 2006, 22:42
I think I already have it zipped but just remember you will not be able to view any of the screenshots or wallpapers etc... this is just the Lara to play around with.

LegendaryLara
8th Apr 2006, 22:51
I only want the Lara to play around with.

That would be sooo great if I could get it:)

GenerationK
8th Apr 2006, 22:51
:0 Could you send me it please?

LegendaryLara
8th Apr 2006, 22:56
Yes, a copy would be GREAT!

Trinity34
8th Apr 2006, 23:06
Ok here it is... unzip the files to a folder and double click on DesktopLara.exe. Click on Cancel for the update. If that does not work then I do not know what to tell you.

http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0FHL73SK9M6PA0KQ0NLD4AELH0

LegendaryLara
8th Apr 2006, 23:13
Thanks Trinity34, but it's still not working for me.

I guess I'll have to let it go :(

Thanks for the help though :)

Trinity34
8th Apr 2006, 23:14
What did it say?

LegendaryLara
8th Apr 2006, 23:15
I just had the same problem as before, i.e. it starting the window and then nothing else happened.

It also said there was an update available for it.

LegendaryLara
8th Apr 2006, 23:16
Wait!

Just got it to work. Instead of clicking update, I clicked cancel.

Thanks so much!

Trinity34
8th Apr 2006, 23:16
Oops I tried to install again and now its not working for me :( :rolleyes:

EDIT: I just edited my post above to the correct steps to follow. :)

Liz
9th Apr 2006, 18:01
Ive got it! Wooo Hooo, Lara is mine!

Liz

Thanks for the help guys!

:D

Trinity34
9th Apr 2006, 18:03
You're welcome. :)

Metzer
16th Apr 2006, 21:12
Could someone re-post that zip? The YouSendIt download has expired, and it appears that they haven't yet fixed their server problems.

Thanks much in advance.

Trinity34
17th Apr 2006, 03:31
Hey guys.

SEE REPLY NUMBER 34 BELOW.

NOTE: DO NOT CLICK ON SETUP.EXE OR INSTALL THE FILE. This will cause it not to work. Instead click on DESKTOPLARA.EXE. This will work but remember to cancel the update when it asks you to install an update.

imported_Tomb_Raider_Fan
17th Apr 2006, 10:35
it doesn´t work i unzip the files install then nothing happens. i click on Desktoplara.exe and still nothing happens

Ollie123
17th Apr 2006, 11:58
Would you like it back Faye? I still have it. :)

I would be very grateful if you could send it to me

Jeff

Disciple
17th Apr 2006, 13:36
I would be very grateful if you could send it to me

Jeff

Same here Trinity please; i tried the link but with no joy, same results as the website version.:)

Chance2k
17th Apr 2006, 15:02
What Disciple said. The .ico and .exe's both setup programs download are just HTML pages telling you to check back later.

If someone sends me (chance(a)blademail.net) the files in Program Files\DesktopLara I will put it online somewhere until Eidos straightens out their site.

TheJackalCFH
17th Apr 2006, 15:34
Anyone got it working yet? If so, is there a chance I would beable to get it from ya? Been looking forward to getting lara for a few days now. Thanks.

Trinity34
17th Apr 2006, 23:24
I'm sorry guys... I thought LCO had all the files for download. My mistake for not checking. :rolleyes: Let me go upload again...

Trinity34
18th Apr 2006, 00:06
Ok here ya go..

http://beta.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=3C1AF7CF673B0AA8

NOTE: Do not click on the setup.exe, Click on the DesktopLara.exe. There will be a window that comes up and says there is an update, click cancel. Enjoy!

geordieuk
18th Apr 2006, 00:38
i am so enoyed at being robbed of lara from my desktop.
ive used it for a couple of weeks now and she is nice to have climbing round your screen.
could someone please let me have her back and working again.
as i was also fooled into downloading an update.:confused:

Trinity34
18th Apr 2006, 00:42
Sorry about that, I should have checked the link before I posted it.

You can download from yousendit.com. This contains all the files that comes with the desktop buddy. :)

Mr. Furious
18th Apr 2006, 00:49
Can anyone tell me what's so great about Desktop Lara? I have the original one, but I never installed it.

Chance2k
18th Apr 2006, 02:51
Thanks, Trinity!

This is amazingly fun when I'm bored. :)

If the link expires and it's still wanted, I'll post a new link here later.

Disciple
18th Apr 2006, 12:18
Thank you Trinity; much appreciated.

Number6
18th Apr 2006, 17:22
I had to hand-copy it from another machine's drive (using external USB-connected) to get it on my new machine.

Made a zip archive just for safety.
Works fine now (except teh sound is off)

Chance2k
19th Apr 2006, 00:37
*blinks* Hey. Web updating works again. :)

Trinity34
19th Apr 2006, 02:46
*blinks* Hey. Web updating works again. :)

hehe yes it does. :rolleyes:

Sang
9th Oct 2006, 19:27
I still have trouble install desktopLara (V2.1) I clicked on the .exe file and nothing happened! Would anyone so kind to e-mail or PM me a complete folder of Desktop Lara after installation? The link from Trinity34 is no longer available!
Thanks

larapistols
1st Nov 2006, 18:30
can someone send it again thanks

ditom
1st Nov 2006, 20:16
Lol.I don't have any problems with Deskop Lara

xelaalex
23rd Mar 2007, 17:50
Lara Croft isn't my fave of characters, but this is amazing! I wanna see if I can find a Desktop "Buddy" who suits me better, could you please answer?

chipfryer
23rd Mar 2007, 18:55
I think its freely available online here right? ;)

http://www.tombraider.com/legend/buddy_launch_page.html

xelaalex
23rd Mar 2007, 20:01
No I mean what file type is it, and where can I download more of the same?

wantingLara
10th Jan 2008, 22:48
Hi there,

After reading the threads after searching the internet for a working desktop Lara, I found this place.

All links seem to fail or do not finish downloading the program, even from the offical site.

Trinity34 and Chance2k, and chance fo re posting the original program link so that I can download it?

Reply to me here, or at my_space_on@yahoo.com.au if you can e-mail the program itself.

Await reply,
Daniel

hatam1
30th May 2009, 10:06
it work without any thing