PDA

View Full Version : SLI support??

mofei1
1st Apr 2006, 23:38
does this game support sli?? also what is the next gen setting that is in the demo, it doesnt allow me to select it.

also for some reason the game runs fine but the cinematics tend to lagg, ne one know y this is???

my system is:

amd athlon 64 3500+
2gb pc3200 ram
2x nvidia 7800gt in sli
200gb hard drive
audigy 2 zs

dhama
1st Apr 2006, 23:44
Games producers always try giving support for any extras that video cards can give, so it may be.

Next gen is not available till after 7th April. ( using an updated demo I believe)

Another app running on your system (antivirus) may cause the lagging, or older drivers.

RAZMAT
2nd Apr 2006, 04:40
next gen will be available in the full game.they said it would make it too big of a file size if they put it in the demo.

Jurjen
2nd Apr 2006, 09:21
SLI has been tested and found to produce pretty decent framerate improvements in many places, especially with Next Generation Content enabled. Without it enabled it will probably only help at extremely high resolutions with a lot of AA.

dhama
2nd Apr 2006, 15:54
You could also try moving your 'Swap File' to another drive and setting it up manually to stop the lagging. If you need help, just ask. :)

BunnyLover
9th Apr 2006, 00:17
I've updated with the 1.1 patch, but still find Next Gen stutters somewhat.
Once an area has had chance to take a while to load in, its not too bad since the 1.1 patch. Is this caused by only having 256 megs GFX memory rather than 512Megs?

Also, even though I have my 2 x nVidia 7800 GTX cards in SLI mode, I notice after I close TRL down, that the main card had heated up a lot, the second one is still at it's base temperature.

Does this mean TRL isn't using SLI at all and just one card?

Other games such as FarCry and City Of Heroes using Fullscreeen (x16) AA heat up both cards.

Can someone confirm if TLR is using SLI as I thought I had some decent specs on my PC (see siggy file) and it still doesn't run TLR in next gen to a level I would call playable.

puppeteer
11th Apr 2006, 00:04
It does not support SLI I tested and pulled 1 card out and the frames were the same as when I had 2 in.
For sure does not support SLI as of yet.
Notice in the options of TRL no SLI enabling and also no Nvidia drivers in SLI support Legend yet.
I' say with next gen enabled and 2 7800Gt/X cards in SLI should run that game like butter!!!!
Seriously I run Farcry with HDR 1600x1200 4xaa 3.0 P.S with action going and never studders a little!!!
Plus I run Quake 4 at 16x AF 1600x1200 and again runs great.
After enabling the nextgen settings and playing I have to say that the game looks nice but I do not think any rig that runs in sli especially with 7800 GT version cards should studder even a little bit I was shocked how badly this game ran on my rig seriously have to say the coding for next gen has major issues withnewer pc hardware.

BunnyLover
11th Apr 2006, 13:43
So... is SLI support something we've got to wait for TRL to release a patch for, or are we waiting on an nVidia upgraded driver?

puppeteer
11th Apr 2006, 21:56
One or the other Nvidia driver can enable the support and so could a game patch.
I did try game with PS 2.0 instead of 3.0 what a joke it still was studdering!!
Yea I am starting to beleive they crippled the next gen option on purpose to make sure the console version was a better buy.

coachiola
12th Apr 2006, 23:02
the new driver from Nvidia give tombraider an Sli profile

just wish ATI would get a move on