PDA

View Full Version : trl.dat missing during installation

Carpenter
1st Apr 2006, 22:58
When I try to install the game I get an error at aproximately 75% saying that trl.dat couldn't be found. It is present in the directory though. Can anyone help me with this problem?

dhama
1st Apr 2006, 23:09
If you have an anti virus program running whilst installing, this may cause a problem. Not saying that it is the problem, but if you've updated video and directX drivers already, it may be a place to start. Check other apps and utilities that may be running at the same time.

Carpenter
1st Apr 2006, 23:23
If you have an anti virus program running whilst installing, this may cause a problem. Not saying that it is the problem, but if you've updated video and directX drivers already, it may be a place to start. Check other apps and utilities that may be running at the same time.
I have NOD32 and I did notice a message when I tried to install the game as an administrator. But there is no real way of shutting NOD32 down, I can't find it anyway.

tonimeer
1st Apr 2006, 23:33
I also use the "nod32" and I faced this problem ...

well, just turn off the "Automatic protection" from the main menu of "nod32" & install the game.
That's it! :)

And after the installation, don't forget to back it on! ;)

btw, The game is amaizing ... well done to all the team of "Tomb Raider: Legend"

Carpenter
1st Apr 2006, 23:59
I also use the "nod32" and I faced this problem ...

well, just turn off the "Automatic protection" from the main menu of "nod32" & install the game.
That's it! :)

And after the installation, don't forget to back it on! ;)

btw, The game is amaizing ... well done to all the team of "Tomb Raider: Legend"
Tnx, it helped!!:D

TheLegend
2nd Apr 2006, 11:10
Yeah I had this problem, but I solved it by unzipping all the files. Glad to hear you've got it fixed thou! :)

Stewe1
31st May 2006, 13:31
Instalation process is interupted by the NOD32 virus scaner, or similar.
So, if you wanna install & play The Game, you must disable NOD32 scaner first, a NOD32 modul called AMON, to be exact.. You must go to the NOD32 Control Panel, klik on AMON- and disable the File scaner. WELL DONE. Now the instalation will run correctly without error. BUT... Keep in mind, You must leave AMON disabled if you wanna play this GAME..

Stewe1
31st May 2006, 13:34
By the way.
The GAME IS AMAZING.. it is truly the nextgen game..