PDA

View Full Version : demo controls?

OuTR
1st Apr 2006, 18:24
I just downloaded the demo, but the controls are very awkward(I cant even make Lara run diagonally!) and when I try to play with my logitech rumblepad it wont let me, doesnt even acknowledge that its there. Is anyone else having these problems?:confused:

THE True Lara
1st Apr 2006, 18:26
The controls do take a bit of getting used to, but you can re-map them, and I'm sure once you've played for a while you'll get along just fine.

L Croft
1st Apr 2006, 18:56
The controls are much easier if you use the mouse as well but yes I agree that they are a pain.

Lost_Raider
1st Apr 2006, 19:04
Remaping of the default key is required since the default keyboard scheme require you use three hands.

Always steer with the mouse since the steer with just WASD is not very precise

Change the inventroy key to the number keys above WASD to elinmate the need for a thrid hand.

After that the keyboard/mouse combination should be easy to use.

Trinity34
1st Apr 2006, 19:39
I just downloaded the demo, but the controls are very awkward(I cant even make Lara run diagonally!) and when I try to play with my logitech rumblepad it wont let me, doesnt even acknowledge that its there. Is anyone else having these problems?:confused:

Oh no please don't say that... I just bought one to use for Legend. :(

OuTR
2nd Apr 2006, 06:22
Originally Posted by OuTR
I just downloaded the demo, but the controls are very awkward(I cant even make Lara run diagonally!) and when I try to play with my logitech rumblepad it wont let me, doesnt even acknowledge that its there. Is anyone else having these problems?

Originally Posted by Trinity34
Oh no please don't say that... I just bought one to use for Legend. :(

I found out what was wrong, the pc I have uses 2 usb ports in the front for gamepads etc, I just decided to switch my logitech controller from one port to another and now it works just fine. No worries Trinity :)

TRBeth
2nd Apr 2006, 13:43
Is there a "just walk" not jog, not sneaking key?

oxygenuk
2nd Apr 2006, 16:09
i got a rumblepad aswell, but hang on a sec mine is a rumblepad-2 (cordless)

which version you have?

OuTR
3rd Apr 2006, 00:19
Originally posted by TRBeth
Is there a "just walk" not jog, not sneaking key?

None that I know of that can be mapped but if you have a gamepad with a joystick, you can turn on the gamepad axes and make her walk by pushing the joystick just slightly. It worked once for me but when I changed around the keys it left. Now my joystick controls the inventory ..sigh..

Originally posted by oxygenuk
i got a rumblepad aswell, but hang on a sec mine is a rumblepad-2 (cordless)

which version you have?

I have the rumblepad 2 force feedback w/cord.

Does anyone know how to do that cool "matrix" like move that Lara does when she's shooting someone she kind of slows down? Looks awesome :D

ViperXtreme
3rd Apr 2006, 01:21
Logitech Rumblepad2 user here too with cord, hope i wont run into some issues,anyone tried fiddling with the DXTweaker?

btw, does the demo support rumble? or the full game?

Joshorty
3rd Apr 2006, 01:44
Say I know this is inda a sudden change of topic but remember the nice intro video:D ? I now finally see what everyone's talkin' about (and I have to see, Lara looks still so great on current-gen) and I remembered hearing that someone said the the intro video for next-gen/X360 is different. Say I'm curious...do any of you know where I can seee it/watch it?:confused:

OuTR
3rd Apr 2006, 01:48
Originally Posted by ViperXtreme
btw, does the demo support rumble? or the full game?

Yup, it has the option for vibration.

ViperXtreme
3rd Apr 2006, 03:25
Yup, it has the option for vibration.

thanks for the info, looks like im all set then :thumbsup: