PDA

View Full Version : Question on "release" date

brat352
1st Apr 2006, 14:22
This is probably a stupid question, but, if the game is "released" on 4/11, does that mean it will be in the stores on that date?

Reason I'm asking is that if it's actually in stores on 4/11, I'm taking a vacation day on 4/12!!! (Downloading the demo right now - can hardly wait!):D

Treeble
1st Apr 2006, 14:25
I suppose it depends on your local vendor, but yes, you might find it on shelves on the 11th. :)

lllll
1st Apr 2006, 14:31
Some also put it there a week before, so check. Also ask them kindly if they have it already and you want to buy it now. Some say OK, especially the privately owned stores :thumbsup:

Denny33142
1st Apr 2006, 21:14
the stores most likely have the game already. there just not selling it untill the 11th.

the good thing would be if a friend of yours or someone you know works on a gamestop or eb games :D that way they sell it to you before realese date ;)

Sophia Leigh
2nd Apr 2006, 02:00
This is probably a stupid question, but, if the game is "released" on 4/11, does that mean it will be in the stores on that date?

Reason I'm asking is that if it's actually in stores on 4/11, I'm taking a vacation day on 4/12!!! (Downloading the demo right now - can hardly wait!):D
Your guess is as good as anyone's. For example, Eidos have advised that the game will be available in Australia on 7 April 2006 however Games Wizards and EB Games has advised me that it will be released on 14 April 2006

Finiz
2nd Apr 2006, 14:57
In Belgium the official release date says 7th april 2006.

Palmtree
2nd Apr 2006, 15:01
Thats the release date for Europe.

Finiz
2nd Apr 2006, 15:07
Great.

I believe Belgium is part of Europe. With Brussels and so on.

lucky me!

;)

by the way; this is my first post (second..) since november 2003 :eek:
I left AoD behind me and the years went by. Without any confidence because of the headaches I got from AoD, I thought Core en Crystal Dynamics would mess it up again with Tomb Raider Legend. I thought wrong. Besides some small control problems, this game looks, feels and will be great. Can't wait to buy and play it. I guess I've never been so excited since I played Max Payne 2...

heads up ! :thumbsup:

DimonLV
2nd Apr 2006, 17:41
The full game took me 2 days to complete. This sucks... This is not a JimBeam.. :rolleyes: